1. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XII: "Now in Rapid Fire range!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hootman View Post
    ...Cheesegear, you clearly know enough about Dark Eldar for me to ask this question. Laying all thoughts of efficiency aside, would your Aethersail-Super-Shock plan be viable for...like, 10 transports to do?
    Well, just so you know, each Raider would be 70 points each. Not including the fact that they're Dedicated Transports that have to be bought with a squad (minimum whole unit is 115 points). So, it's actually pretty good.

If you can't pull it off; Your enemy doesn't push his deployment zone, lots of Fearless units with a decent ability to Death or Glory, etc. Always remember that Raiders have these glorious things called Dark Lances or Disintegrator Cannons.

Or is it that the Dark Lances and Cannons come with amazing Raiders attached? I can never remember.

Because I could totally see myself fielding a Dark Eldar army who did that and never NOT have fun with it.
    "A vehicle with a Shock Prow may Tank Shock."

Even if there are no vehicles, you should still be having fun. I still need to see if it works with one Raider, let alone 10. Remember, when you ram a vehicle, you also take a hit as well. If you're moving even against a Rhino with at least 24" move, you're taking a S10 hit to your Raider. And, as everyone knows, Raiders are made out of paper.

As least you fill your opponent's DZ with impassable terrain.

EDIT: Due to RAW, it seems I can't combine this with Chain-Snares. Because when you Tank Shock you no longer 'pass over' units. Although Torment Launchers would work.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-06-08 at 09:58 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome