1. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    GK can't add Chaplain-like character to them who also grants FNP for not much more that Sanguinary Priest costs.
    Inquisitor with Rad Grenades. Best unit in the game. Or close to. Number of attacks at high Initiative and Invulnerable basically makes FNP near-useless.
    Stormraven/Land Raider. Assault Vehicles. Sisters have none. Vehicles make FNP near-useless.
    Coteaz = Scoring Death Cults. Scoring > Non-Scoring. Everytime.

[Dominions] gained stealth + a few more goodies, I hear infiltrating 4 meltaguns in a box is rather good.
    Dominions have Scout. You can Outflank, which doesn't really work since Sisters have nothing that gives bonuses to Reserves at all. Or you can Scout them.

4 Meltaguns also requires you to take 10 Sisters (Zorg already posted that they have 2 special weapons per five), which is kind of bad. Since it's expensive.

Or you can Scout an Immolator. But, again, this is the same thing that Sisters have been doing for a while - Immolator Spam - except now it doesn't work so well because you only have 2 meltaguns instead of 4. Chaos Marines can even do this on the cheap.

Any He'Stan list with half a brain can do better than that, but that's beside the point.

As for 1st turn, don't they usually have 3d6 S8 AP1 shots? I mean, it's better than Krak, and if it works for Long Fangs...
    Wow. Not even close to the same thing.

Exorcists have 3d6 (that's 3-18, if you're not counting) shots, and must be specified at 3 distinct targets. S8 doesn't do much against Leman Russes or Land Raiders, still. S8, AP1 gets rid of light and medium tanks (4s to Penetrate AV11), and needs 6s to Penetrate Predators which are going to shoot Lascannons back at the Exorcist.

Long Fangs have 15 shots all the time, at six different targets, and can fire Frags if it suits.

Exorcists aren't even close to the same thing.

Well, comparison on B&C shows you have more faith points now
    D6 per turn. 500 points or 2500 points. Doesn't scale. Therefore bad. Not to mention entirely luck-based. Bad again. Ask Daemons.

Can't use them in your opponent's turn. Especially the Cannoness' and the Celetians', which would be amazing. Since you can't, they're bad. Yeah, and the fact that you can't use any Faith ability you want. Which gave all Sisters units huge utility in the older edition, but, that's comparing the old to the new. Not analysing the current on it's own merit.

Can't use most Faith abilities in the beginning turns anyway, which means all Faith for the first few turns are wasted.

I think new army is a bit more fluffy, but as I said, yes, could have been better.
    I've got nothing against Fluff. Point is, people who were expecting this to be amazing will be disappointed, and instead of being the Saving Grace (Sisters pun!) that will keep the army alive, is actually the nail in the coffin of Sisters until a real Codex comes out.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-08-27 at 08:38 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome