1. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    what do you think would be best Cheese?
    Let's see...Without Chimeras or Valkyries, you're kind of in an un-get-outable hole when it comes to "I don't want to play Infantry Spam", since that's what you're getting, it's kind of unavoidable unless you have the funds to get more stuff. If this is a moot point and you do have extra funds, great. If not, you're stuck in the fox hole.

Well this is what im getting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Commissar Yarrick
    Colonel Schaeffer
    x2 Cadian Officers with Chain Swords
    x2 Cadian Officers with Power Swords
    x3 Sanctioned Psykers
    44 x Cadian Shock Troops
    x6 Cadian Shock Troops - unassembled
    x3 Cadian Heavy Weapons Teams (1 x lascannon, 2 x heavy bolter)
    x3 Cadian Heavy Weapons Teams - unassembled
    x3 Cadian Heavy Weapons Teams - unopened
    Do you know if you're getting Command Squads or just Officers?

With set ups like that, you're looking at 1 Company Command, and 2 Platoon Commands. So, let's take 12 of those Guardsmen to make that.

You've got 32 Guardsmen left. 38 - counting the unassembled. That's a fairly decent number. Especially considering the unopened Heavy Weapons. Right off the bat you've got enough to make 4 squads. Needs 32 Troopers and 4 Heavy Weapons, which you've got. I assume the army was originally made for this. Since 32 is a pretty specific number.

If you can get your hands on a couple of special weapons (plasmas), or you want a couple of Heavy Bolters for some reason (if your meta-game is lousy with Orks), you can assemble some Cadian Grenade Launchers and boost up your squads a bit. You've got 4 Infantry Squads without trying. 5 if you do.

And 4 Heavy Weapons to spare. If you want, you could put those Heavy weapons in your Command Squads, free up a couple of extra Guardsmen and put them in the rank-and-file...And, yeah. Do that. There's your five Infantry Squads.

If you want, that's a full-size Platoon. But, you want a bunch of Orders, so, spread them out for extra Command Squads.

x26 Cadian Karskins
    x20 Catachan Jungle Fighters -- unopened
    You can play all these models as regular Veterans. Trouble is, without vehicles, Veterans are semi-terrible. And, since you've got no vehicles, Infiltrating is pretty good. I prefer Ratlings in mine, but, you don't have Ratlings, so Stormtroopers it is.

As for the Catachans, yeah, without vehicles, Veterans are kind of bad.

x2 Cadian Sentinel
    x1 Cadian Sentinal -- unopened
    Can you get an Astropath? Heavy Flamers.
    Otherwise Multi-Lasers or Autocannons.

x2 Leman Russ Battle Tank
    x1 Basilisk
    Yep.

Looks like you're going All-Infantry. The only way to not, is to not buy the army. But for the price, I can't see why you wouldn't.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-08-29 at 04:54 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome