Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
Dakkapreads are autocannon+heavy bolter ones right? Haven't found them of much of a problem, they kill some boyz but don't really thin them enough to do much damage in my experience.
Are there 3 of them? Are there things backing them up? Land Speeder Typhoons and Predators should be munching through Orks. Unless there's only one Predator? Then that's pretty useless. In the high points you should also be facing 2-3 Dreadnoughts of some description. Orks should not be doing well against Meched Space Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by gabado View Post
i was wondering what people's opinions were on hellhounds/devil dogs/bane wolves. are they worth taking? if so, which one would best compliment this list?
Good when you play them right. Devil Dogs and Bane Wolves are the better picks. However, if your meta-game plays lots of terrain and your Bane Wolves can't maneuver properly, Hellhounds are the better variant. Although, for half the points you can grab Chimeras for the same sort of role, generally Scoring too.

but i guess i was wondering if it would still be worth it to run a hellhound squadron.
No. Hellhounds belong in Chimera armies. Most of the time, your Valkyries and Vendettas shouldn't be starting on the board. Which means all your Russes are going to get shot at. Basically, you're paying a high price for bullet magnets to take heat off of your Russes during the first turns.

Second, look at the points cost of Hellhound tanks. You could just get more Gunships for the same price, and Gunships are better.

similarly, should i put my command squad in a valkyrie/vendetta as well?
Your Command Squad is largely useless. Your Veterans should be either off the board, or in your enemy's DZ. No exceptions. Your Command Squad has a radius of 12". That doesn't go very far, and doesn't work in a Gunship anyway. Command Squads don't do anything in this list. If you were playing a Chimera list, it'd be different. But you're not so it isn't. Lord Commissars are the better pick.

but they seem kinda isolated and slow with all their subordinates rushing off to claim objectives; they'll be left in the dust
Since I generally respond to posts without reading them all the way, and kind of just quote bits that jump out at me...Yeah. You know what you're talking about.