1. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by gabado View Post
    the commissar will ride with one of the veteran squads, i didn't give him anything because i'm taking him out of necessity, i need an HQ, and as Cheesegear pointed out, my old command squad wasn't doing much of anything. so here he is, simple and unequipped.
    Check the main rules FAQ. Page 7, first column. Then give your Commissar a Camo Cloak. I also don't like seeing Independent Characters without Power Weapons.

Drop your Vox Casters on all units. You have nobody giving Orders anymore. lol.
    I'm not a fan of doctrines, as far as I'm concerned, you've got 90 points there that could be spent on a whole 'nother squad. But, that being said, '1780' is a weird point break and you should probably trim at least 30 points off of it anyway.

but i could still use them to repair "weapon destroyed" results on my Russes and Hydras...
    Keeping stuff alive is less important than simply having more of it. You're playing Guard totally wrong.

A pair of Tech Priests is 90 points. You could have more Veterans. Or find a few more points for Gunships, etc.

my next step up for this list is adding another battle tank, another destroyer, and another Valkyrie with troops inside it, however i would like to play-test at around 1800pt (which is where this list currently is), to see if i like what i've got.
    Leman Russes + Gunships is incredibly good. Just keep piling on Russes and Gunships 'til you have 9 of each and you wont be far off. As I've said, Demolishers and Battle Tanks are the best ones, maybe one or two Executioners, but they shouldn't be your go-to Tanks.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-10-26 at 07:27 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome