1. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k fluff thread VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten

Didn't see this post.

Is there anywhere I can find out about this star child theory? I keep finding mentions of it but no actual explanation.

Would it be killing the emperor if the star child theory is true, turning off the machine? I doubt the theorists believe it is.
    This is currently the only thing you're likely to find on the subject, and the following link to the Sensei Knights. The subject hasn't been seen in 15 years and is considered no longer canon because all books it appears in are no longer printed.

Where can I find super-marines? Are they somewhere between Primarchs and Terminators?
    ...Super Marines is just a term I used because I couldn't think of another term that would suit. They're in the later parts of Deliverance Lost. Corax gains the original genetic code the Emperor had in the ruins of the Primarch Labs. They grow to full size in a matter of weeks, 'geneseed compatibility' is not an issue allowing any and every child to become a Marine with no risks (albeit a Raven Guard as Corax inserts his DNA). They then proceed to put all other Marines to shame with their prowess.

...Then bad stuff happens.

Also, Terminators are just regular Marines with better armour.

So, all sorcerers are psykers, all psykers are psychics? But not all psychics are psykers or sorcerers?
    The Grey Knights Codex is retarded and equates the two.

The RPGs (Dark Heresy and similar) make a distinction similar to Spontaneous and Memorising Casters from D&D. Sorcery must be learned, from books and knowledge from tutors and Pacts with Daemons. Often from forbidden texts. As 'Joe Imperial' should not be allowed to learn sorcery, as he doesn't have the knowledge to use it properly and shouldn't deal with daemons..

Psykery is something you're born with, and mastery of the warp is done through willpower alone. If you're good at Psykery, picking up Sorcery is easier than if you weren't a psyker.

I though they were different because in 40K, nurture trumps nature?
    It appears that it's a bit of both.

Also, to add a bit on, what is it in Chainswords that makes the blade spin? Since I don't think it says anywhere.
    The motor? You can clearly see it on models.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2012-05-24 at 05:39 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome