Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
I've yet to entirely buy the idea that mech lists suffer in the new rules. [...]
My Guard
my Russ variants
I wish I knew the technical term, but you're arguing from a position of strength. Of course you're not going to know the difference because you play Guard, and, of all the armies that didn't need anything, Guard are the ones who benefit most in the change from 5th to 6th.

Go ahead and try and tell me that Dark Eldar Mech is still good. And I don't mean that it's good because it's the best option the Codex has. I mean does Dark Eldar mech compare well to other Codecies? No. Same with Orks. Can you still seriously tell me that Fast, non-Skimming vehicles are worth the extra points? No, they're not. Which means Blood Angels are paying extra points for something they don't even want.

Also, you're hit on a 3+ in Assault no matter how far you move. Which means you can't just drive up 12" or go Flat Out and laugh and laugh as your opponent can't hit you. Ultimately, if you're a vehicle and you're in your opponent's DZ, you're probably dead.