Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
But it allowed enough wiggle room to have someone stand up to him instead of having his head summarily chopped off.

The Laws always apply to Harry. Stop seeing the "Laws" of magic as some sort of legal document drawn up by the White Council. The Laws of Magic are akin to the Laws of Physics; they represent a set of behaviour that will cause any Mortal Wizard's eventual downfall into madness.

Now, your question was: is Harry still under the jurisdiction of the White Council? I dunno. Maybe it's a choice he has to make; if he wants to remain a voice in the White Council, he has to subject himself to their rules.
Jurisdiction, maybe. However Enforcement would be an issue, he's the Winter knight. Sending Wardens to chop off his head would be an act of war, especially if he broke the laws under Mab's orders.

That was not what I was wondering about. I was wondering about the practical aspects, would breaking the Laws corrupt Harry. I settled on Yes, because he is still fundamentally a Mortal wizard.

That said, I think Harry is no longer on the Council. He's the Winter Knight now, and you can't serve two masters.

Molly is the trickier issue, because unlike Knights, Ladies are not mortal (apparently? Before Cold Days it was always assumed that the Queens were born Sidhe, but apparently they can be Mortals). WOJ said that when Fix and Lilly got their mantles, Fix chose to be mortal and Lily chose to be Fairy in order to accept the mantles. Molly is not a changeling, so it's unknown if the mantle physically changes her.