1. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop XXI: Preferred Enemy (Dice)

What Space Wolf hints do we take away from Storm Claw? This entire post is IMO. These aren't rumours. These aren't 'leaks'. The following post is an extrapolated guess. Nothing more.

Krom Dragongaze - 135 Points
    A Frost Axe and Belt of Russ alone should be at least 150 Points on a Wolf Lord. That's before you factor in Furious Charge and Stubborn, too. In future, we can either expect that Belts of Russ are standard on a Wolf Lord, or, that Wolf Lords are going to drop to somewhere in the area of 65 Points, like Chaos Lords, as Wolf Lords don't have natural Invulnerable Saves like Space Marine Captains and Iron Halos.

The Fierce-Eye's Wolf Guard - 230 Points
    From the current Codex, a like-armed WGT squad costs 245 Points. However, if we look at Deathwing Termintors as an example, because WGTs also pick up Acute Senses - for some reason - and Counter-Attack, then we see that adding a Chainfist and Heavy Flamer actually makes sense. Me, personally, I expect an increase in WGT base costs, but a decrease in wargear costs, which should even out. The most disturbing thing is that Storm Claw gives the WGTs Deep Strike. Is this an intentional disregard for the fluff or existing precedents? Or is it an accidental copy-paste error? Time will tell.

Hengist Ironaxe's Grey Hunters - 125 Points
    Straight up, we notice that Grey Hunters have a Character in the unit with an extra attack. Weird. Will the new Codex disregard the confusing Pack Leaders rule on Wolf Guard, and simply dole them out in a sane manner to squads? The important thing to note is that Hengist (what kind of name is that?) does not have a Leadership increase. He is Leadership 8, just like the other scrubs.
    There are several reasons why this Grey Hunters squad is 10 Points more than it should be;
    - Addition of a Character.
    - Increased the points of Plasma Guns to be like every other Codex (Plasma Guns in the AM/IG Codex are 15 Points, too)
    - Increased the points because nerf and GW hates you.
    All of these things contribute. But, the main thing is that Grey Hunters have also lost Combat Weapons by default, which means they probably wont dominate Blood Claws unilaterally in the next Codex.

Egil Redfist's Blood Claws - 110 Points
    On the surface, it looks like a points decrease, including the Character. So that's something. Are you a Space Wolf player? You should probably start saving up for Land Raiders. Because, at the end of the day, if Blood Claws end up still being terrible, at least you'll have the cash to buy those swanky Fliers.

Also, it's been two editions. Surely by now you would have addressed the fact that Space Wolves should have Night Vision, not Acute Senses. They're not the same rule anymore and AS is useless in a Codex that can barely even use Outflank.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2014-07-24 at 04:30 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome