Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
I've only seen the second episode, but to me it seems alright. I'd like to join the angry mob when it comes to the Flash's secret identity discovered too soon. When it comes to the Flash from the 1990's, at least Barry is actually trying to guard his secret identity. Only a Star Labs scientist, a Private Investigator (I think), and an old vigilante learned of his secret identity. While there was one episode where everybody sees that Barry is the Flash, it was a time travel episode, so I shouldn't let that bother me too much.

I can just go on and on about how the 1990's Flash series is better compared to the 2014 Flash.

Heck, if these two got into a fight, I'd be betting my money on the Flash from the 1990's series.

In my opinion, the 2014 series is okay, but the 1990 series was the best Flash series ever.
Eh, I don't mind it that much.

"The Hero needs to keep their identity secret" is a tried-and-true source of drama, but it can cause a lot of problems. All characters need to be either "In the Know" or Unaware.

The show is about Barry being The Flash. Just about everything connects with that in some way. With Unaware characters the only real connection is "The Hero must hide their secret identity, and in doing so complicate their life". With Aware characters, the Hero can interact with them honestly, without the big cloud of "Keeping a secret identity" hovering over everything. You can have honest interactions with unaware characters, but they can't connect to the Hero aspects that make up 80% of the show.

Barry gets one major character to hide his identity from (Iris), and a bunch of characters with whom he can openly discuss the hero aspects of the show (AKA what we're here for). If too many characters are unaware of the Hero's identity, then the show can easily split between the Hero stuff, and "non-hero" stuff, which is either based around hiding the secret, OR is unconnected to the reason everybody's watching the show.