1. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXIII: I Do Not Like Green Tides and 'Hann

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    CheeseGear, are you taking requests for the next 40k on a budget?
    I think I remember hearing that Imperial Knights were actually cost effective? I can't remember who said it.
    Is this true?
    Provided that you're talking about the Errant/Paladin kit and not the Warden/Gallant/Crusader kit, yes, I did say that and it's true.

5 Knights Errant are exactly 1850. No less. Typically this presents as an ALF with a Knight Detachment of 2 more Knights. It can scale down to an ALF and one Knight, where some of those Knights may be Paladins. Or it can be an ALF and Gerantius if you really fancy him. Remembering that there's no rule that says you have to spend all 1850. If you choose to go into a game with ~1500 of 1850 Points, you can totally do that. That being said, four Knights (ALF+1) fits into 1500 quite nicely too.

In $AUD, Knights Errant are 0.42 per point. Five Knights Errant (remember, not the Warden kit, checking on 5.5.2015 still has the Errant kit for sale on the webstore, no idea how long that's going to last) costs an Australian $775. We know that a not very good 1850 Marine army costs close to $700, and a middling/average 1850 Tau army costs ~$750. Remembering that those numbers are the minimum those armies need to spend, as other army list options cost more currency, or cost less points.

No idea how this plays out in a week, though. White Dwarf gave out rules for the Knight Warden at 375 Points, will the other two variants cost the same? Will GW just blanket make all Knights 375 Points? The Knight Errant and/or Paladin must be 370 Points, to fit five of them in exactly 1850, remember, since Knights don't scale very well. If one of the new three Knight variants are 370 (or less), that's viable, but the numbers shoot upwards, since with the new kit, you're paying extra for parts that you can't use (a la Grey Knight kits). Also, RUMOURS say that there's going to be Knight Relics, which you pay points for. As I've just said, any Knight that costs over 370 Points pretty much ruins the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    They only wound Gargantuans on 6s though.
    HAHA. Oh wow. I forgot. Okay. Yeah. Tau are in trouble, exactly like they were facing the old T-C'T. Yeah. My bad. Disregard. Competitive Tau (as in, those that face Eldar a lot) are jumping ship to Farsight, or Forge World. In any case, Kroot are being used because there is less and less Objective Secured in the game by the week.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2015-05-05 at 01:40 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome