1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Proper order to watch the Star Wars movies?

The Machete Order

Watch Episode 4 and 5. At the end of Empire, Vader tells Luke that they're related.
    Then cut to Episode 2 and 3. The life and times of Anakin Skywalker. Since you've watched Empire already, the 'twist' is kept, while if you watch Episode III before V (that is, in order) the moment between Vader and Luke is completely lost, because at that point you - the audience - already know that Vader is Luke's father because of the end of III.
    We are now up to speed on Luke and Anakin/Vader, which then sets up Return of the Jedi (6).

=> 4, 5, 2, 3, 6

You'll notice that this order removes Episode 1. Not only because it sucks, but because it doesn't matter. The timeskip between 1 and 2 means that Anakin is a completely different person by Episode II, the weird relationship between Amidala and a child is no longer so...Weird. Darth Maul never even shows up again (though if you want to show your friend the highly choreographed Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul fight on YouTube, then I understand). But, neckbeardingly obviously, skipping over Episode I means a lot less Jar Jar.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-03-11 at 02:57 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome