Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
On a different note, are Wraithknights still really OP?
No. Simply because wounds from one shot don't carry across multiple models. Heavy Wraithcannons in 7th annihilated everything because Str-D treated everyone equally - 'You're dead'. The changes to the Wound table mean that a Wraithknight will be doing Wounds against relatively equal targets on 3s, rather than 2s. But, as with all 'big stuff', doing D6 damage per shot doesn't mean anything to Infantry because wounds don't carry over. A Heavy Wraithcannon kills one Infantry model. It's just not very good, unless you're dealing with single targets (i.e; Other Lords of War). A Wraithknight's killing power is now found in the Suncannon; Heavy 2D6, S6, -3, D3. Good news is you get the Scattershield to go with it.

In Melee, the Wraithknight can dominate other Walkers, doing 6 Damage per hit - not D6...6. - at S16, wounding on 2s against T8 everything with a Ghostglaive, and that's hot. But, again, against Infantry, 6 Damage doesn't mean anything.

As with most <Titanic> models, the only reason to have a Titan model, is if your opponent has one. And sometimes not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
Any Guard players have feedback on the Baneblade variants? They all seem pretty similar but slightly different. Are they worth taking over a Knight?
So far the Stormlord is my favourite. Similar to the Wraithknight - and Imperial Knight - doing eleventy billion damage with one shot is well and good. But the game isn't about that - currently. The game is currently about spamming Infantry models on Objectives - because that's how you win the game - and the Vulcan Mega-Bolter can deal with that. It's also S6, so that's the magic number to bring everything to 5s, and the -2 and 2 Damage per hit (20 shots) will even chunk down opposing Vehicles. The Stormlord is literally useful against everything. Which means that even if your opponent doesn't bring a Titan of their own, your Stormlord will still have something to do.

I'm also a fan of the Hellhammer.