1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: R.A Salvatore books, Companions of the hall

The Dark Elf Trilogy; Solid. Introduces a bunch of cool characters (e.g; Gromph) who are way better than the main character. That's bad.
    The Icewind Dale Trilogy; Yep. The books that started it all. Everything's...Fine.
    *The Cleric Quintet; R.A. Salvatore knocks it out of the park. It's amazing what Salvatore is able to write when he's not shackled to Drizzt. This is his best series by far.
    Legacy of the Drow; Probably the worst series. Drizzt gets a Unicorn - because of course he does. This series falls apart because, once again, the story focuses on Drizzt. Who is a terrible character.
    Paths of Darkness; Wulfgar's back! In Pog form! But seriously, the gang is back, and Drizzt gets some desperately needed character development.
    *The Sellswords; Yay, another series that doesn't feature Drizzt. Entreri and Jarlaxle. They fight crime.
    The Hunter's Blades; Obould Many-Arrows is Salvatore's best antagonist, by far (Entreri is a very close second). He doesn't get nearly the screen-time he deserves, and Drizzt forgets about him the instant he kills him. Despite the fact that Obould and Drizzt are philosophically the same...Drizzt doesn't care. Because Obould is an Orc, and therefore doesn't get to be in the Sun. Salvatore himself points out the irony. But the audience doesn't care, because Drizzt wins, and Drizzt is the best.
    Transitions; The only book that matters is the last one.
    Stone of Tymora; Author self-insert fanfic written by Salvatore's son. It's awful and bad. And awful.

Spoiler: Neverwinter onwards
    Show

Neverwinter Saga; Yay. A new crew. Salvatore gets to write new characters. But the end of Charon's Claw, there's no-one left. I wonder how Salvatore will move forwards from here.
    The Companions; *headdesk* God. Damn it. So close. But you couldn't do it, could you?
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-04-23 at 02:31 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome