View Single Post

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War

1. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    This movie really is shaping up to be the anti Last Jedi. I am seeing reviews start to shift downwards in a mixed reception in comparison to the audience scores in a way mirroring last Jedi.
    It's because the audience that saw it on release, were probably going to like it anyway. That's generally why pre-sales, and opening weekend reviews are generally always positive. Why see it opening weekend, if you probably don't want to see it?
    Contrast to the middle of the next week, where people are like 'Eh, I'll see it soon.' because they're not emotionally invested enough to see it the day it comes out.

So of course people who see it on opening night, or through Advanced Screenings are going to love it.
    People who don't love the movie before it's even come out, or people who saw the trailer and went 'Yeah, looks alright...' are going to have mixed feeling about it.

'Anti-Last Jedi' would actually mean that opening reviews were weak, and audiences who saw it later, loved it.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-05-01 at 12:39 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome