1. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XV: You Must Be THIS Tall To Witness The Grimdark

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Regarding Khorne v Khaine.

Why does it matter? I mean.. if they are different, or they are merely aspects of the same Warp entity, does it make any difference?
    Because Khaine and Khorne being the same being, hinges on coincidence and bad storytelling.
    It makes the 'verse smaller, not larger.

It means that the Aeldari are simply another Faction of Chaos. The whole point of redeeming themselves for creating Slaanesh falls apart the instant you decide that they are, instead, fighting for Khorne. Trading one Devil, for another, and undermining their entire history since The Fall. It's stupid, and bad, and actually undoes major plot points regarding the War in Heaven, the birth of Slaanesh, and retcons the entire Eldar Pantheon.

If Khaine is a Chaos God, then how the **** does that work with the rest of the Pantheon? There's Isha and Cegorach. Obviously. Now you have to start jamming them into the half-baked theory. Then you also have factor in Kurnos and Vaul. Oh wait...How does Asuryan work? The instant you think a little bit harder than 'both war gods', 'both have similar sounding names', you start unraveling entire sections of established fluff just to make it fit your theory, which isn't supported by anything except coincidence. Khaine doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Unless you want to go real Grim Derp...
    Where everything is totally pointless, The Emperor is also a Chaos God, full of Spite, and oh wait. The Emperor must also be Khorne, because his portfolio is also killing people. Remember the Cadian Pylons and what happened to Celestine? Definitely a Daemon Prince. While we're at it, Nightbringer is also Khorne. Everything, across all Factions, are all the same aspect of the same entity - Khorne. Does it make any difference? Who cares if the story is ****, now. Because it fits the theory I want. Which is that everything is Khorne.

Dark Eldar love blood, so Slaanesh is also Khorne.
    Blood Angels and their Successors also are heavily tied to blood in various ways - also Khorne.

Everything is Khorne. Because I want to be. Because using superficial similarities, I can make anything fit anything. Therefore, Khaine is Khorne. The Emperor is Khorne. Slaanesh is Khorne. Asuryan is also Khorne. Who cares? Books don't matter. Despite canonically not being tied to the Warp in any way...Gork is also Khorne. Because why not? What difference does it make?

The Phoenix Lords are also Chaos Champions. It doesn't say they aren't. So they definitely are. No, see, who cares if undermines what makes Phoenix Lords special, and kind of a signature piece of Aeldari lore. They can resurrect themselves, and are almost exclusively fighting wars at almost all times. Therefore, Khorne Champions. Like Kharn? You know that guy? He's basically a Phoenix Lord. Oh? What? Armour? No. See, established fluff doesn't matter. I'm only working off superficial coincidences. Actual canon doesn't matter at this point. See, in my head, it's actually more interesting if everything is exactly the same, and that only happens if I ignore huge sections of fluff...Which I'm doing. So, nyer.

Am I doing it right you guys?
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-07-06 at 10:10 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome