1. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVI: If it Ain't Broke, Nerf It

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I asked and the general consensus was "because she's cool". I think we might be getting into subjective stuff here.
    Yep. Great. What makes her cool? Explain it to me. Which part(s) of the model is cool? An opinion means nothing to me unless it's explained to me how someone formed that opinion. How do I get to where they're at, so I'm in a position to want to buy Raine, as well? The advertisement didn't work on me. But it did on others. Why?

Has anyone read the book? Tell me about her. No. Because the book was released on the same day she was. I love 40K. But I'm still not going to even buy Honourbound for at least another month, let alone read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    But, purchasing a limited model of a lore-focused female Commissar is a show of solidarity with GW saying "yes, I'll buy this because I like what it represents and what you're trying to do".
    ...But that's the thing. They did it in the worst way possible.
    The other thing, and I hate to break this to you, but Brands and Corporations are not your friend. The exact same corporation that is selling you a female model, is selling said model at more-than-twice the price of normal, and in resin, and with rules that are terrible.

What you're supposed to do, is sell the novel. If the novel is killer and people love it, six months later you start working on the model and when it comes out she flies off the shelf.
    You also try a little bit harder than not-at-all to make the model stand out as a unique character piece.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Why would anyone buy Eisenhorn?
    Because he's a kick-ass model, that can be use as a solid conversion base for pretty much anything you can think of, just in case his rules are terrible (they are). The Eisenhorn model can't be replicated. You either buy it, or you're done, as far as replicating that cool coat goes. Inquisitors can be slotted in to almost any <Imperium> army, so the 'net' for customer demand is wider. So even if you don't want Eisenhorn for Eisenhorn, you still get a kick-ass Inquisitor that you can use.
    The lore that his model represents constitutes three novels that were critically and commercially acclaimed, released and re-released constantly for over a decade. Numbers don't lie. If you read 40K, one of the first things anyone will tell you to read is Eisenhorn. I don't agree with that. But that's how much people love the books.
    For the price of the resin kit...At least you get two fairly unique models. Besides, the real options for Inquisitors and a Daemonhost are also resin. So either way, you have to be happy with it.

That's why people bought the model. I agree with all of those things even if...

Ew, a resin model? And his rules aren't even that good
    ...I didn't buy the model myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Admiral View Post
    Joke list I'm planning on taking to a thing is 4 Warglaives and 2 Helverins at 1K points.
    You can take 9-10 Armigers & Guilliman, at 2K. It's just as dumb as it sounds. Either you wont get games at all, or you'll be tabled in three turns.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-02-25 at 05:26 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome