1. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVII: Highlighting the Contrasts

Quote Originally Posted by HoldTheLine31 View Post
    Now I'm at a loss how to build the intercessors, what rifles to take, sarge upgrades, msu or full squads?
    Auto Bolt Rifles are the new hotness. Having 3 shots and the ability to move vastly outweighs the AP-1 on the Bolt Rifles. If you don't have access to Supplements, and thus you're looking to create your own Chapter ('cause why wouldn't you), one of the options is to Advance and Shoot without penalties. This is a massive boon to anyone running Auto Bolt Rifles and it's a huge kick in the junk to anyone who has old!Intercessors, 'cause GW in classic GW fashion decided to invalidate everyone's models in a huge **** you.

That said, the difference between the weapons on Intercessors is so minimal that if you just tell your opponent what you have, you're more than likely going to get an okay.

Same deal abot the dred, the hellblasters and inceptors.
    Keep the Redemptor as cheap as possible. They aren't very good, and overloading them only makes them worse. All your heavy lifting is going to be done by Hellblasters.

Plasma Incinerators are the cheapest, and thus the best. Assault Plasma Incinerators have some hot tech related to the above moving and shooting. But, fact is, even Super-Charged, they're only S7, which means they don't wound T8 on 4s, which makes them a whole lot less useful in the competitive meta. If you're in a meta where Blightlords are big news (because if you aren't playing Primaris Marines, you're playing Death Guard, right?), the difference between S7 and S8 is about 'nil.

Inceptors want to go with Assault Bolters. Plasma is nice. But you don't need it. If you're going Primaris only for no reason, then you're looking at getting 30 Hellblasters because you literally have no other choices. Which is enough Plasma to choke most things.

Not to mention how to expand from there, limitation being primaris only.
    Why? You lose out on so much good stuff, especially with the new Codex. I hope you like Hellblasters.

Given that GW didn't phase out old!Marines, and in fact, buffed them rather significantly, anyone going Primaris only is shooting themselves in the foot.

While it doesn't need to be a strong army
    In that case, ignore everything I wrote and buy whatever you want.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-08-18 at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome