1. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVIII: toy soldiers r srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Chess clocks do not mean "no hordes," however if this is something new for the players over there people might scale back while getting used to things.
    However, the other thing I will also concede that the amount of Knight Crusaders and Knight Wardens in the meta in the last 9 months (since Castellan nerf) has skyrocketed. Maybe the hordes took hard losses in Round 1, which means you can't make it to the Top? I would be interested to see the actual match-ups and whether the Space Marines ever had to deal with ~100 Termagants, Plaguebearers, Poxwalkers, Tzaangors, Boyz, etc.

I'd be interested to know if the Marine players in the Top 10 would normally run something else, but, because nu!Marines is a current novelty - especially one that people have **** on - were they taking it as a very quick test drive and/or as a '**** you' to the haters? Would the Marine players be in the Top 10 anyway because they simply know what they're doing and as long as they don't playing something obviously terrible - Necrons - then it's fine? Because I'm reading the Codex, like...Every other day. And I just don't get it. I understand Repulsors, Thunderfires and Whirlwinds. But the rest? Somebody's gonna have to explain it to me.
    (However, as I said before, the White Scars list makes total sense and I would run it no problem.)

I know LansXero was like "This is what a healthy meta looks like."...But, like...Really?

3 Knight Crusader Lists,
    3 Aeldari lists (even taking 1st and 2nd),
    4 Marine lists.

Where's T'au? T'au are dominating left and right.
    Not that the players winning the LGT don't know what they're doing. But, it's almost like a completely different meta. NOVA's was just so...Different.

I really want to see what the US West Coast does with the nu!Marine Codex. But the next big one is, what? LVO, in four months?

It's like that time Necrons were winning tournaments a few months ago...

But this time it was LGT, which is a real tournament that actually has consequences because GW actually pays attention to that.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-09-18 at 08:02 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome