1. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I think there's no point trying to get 500pt games going. That's just combat patrol but with the potential for someone to rock up with two redemptors and ruin everyone's day. Combat patrol is at least theoretically designed to work at that scale.
    ...Theoretically. It's pretty clear that the balance in Combat Patrol is b0rked. The problem is that once you figure out that the format is b0rked, you can't change anything because the whole format is fixed - and also solved, IMO.

If I were a store owner trying to get people to be new 40k players I would go for Combat Patrol 100%.
    It's more a case of new 40K players already exist; How do you get them a) Into the store, and b) Playing games. More importantly; How do you get old players to play with the new players.

If you were building a community; Would you build it around Kill Team, Combat Patrol, or 500 Point games?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Kill team is the best out of those options if you want to have a fun game. But then you're having a game of Kill Team, not a game of 40k.
    ...That is both the Pro and Con of Kill Team. Yes.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2023-11-11 at 11:02 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome