Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
I like the way you are thinking. But i feel all of these should be more indicative and informative of their characters.

I absolutely agree with your Wyll and Astarion ideas.

Shadowheart may have managed to corrupt some of the Sharrans, and thrown Viconia's leadership of the lodge into chaos. Maybe the Absolute actually restored the memory she lost, and she can promise the same to the other cult members.

Karlach.. shouldnt just be a front line soldier. What if she leaves your group, she basically turns all tiefling survivor in Absolute agents within the city? Ensuring a few survive and provide cover for their entry in the city?

Same thing for Lae'zel. I feel if she was converted by the Absolute, she should have corrupted/coopted the Creche and turned them to their side. Or perhaps she could have turned Kith'rak Voss?

Gale.. gale gale gale.. what would the Absolute do with the Magical Nuke? Damn, i have no idea. Maybe try to take over Lorroakan's tower?

Ultimately, it should inform on their character. Provide an opportunity to see how these heroes turning their back on you still had the might and wits to leave their mark on the world. Maybe even allow the voice actor to ham it up.

I just feel the core of the story are the Origins Companions, and the game should fully utilize them.
Eh, I don't feel like Lae'Zel has either the Charisma or reputation needed to subvert the Creche. Like, I get it from a "Each party member should do something significant" angle, but I feel like the Githyanki are probably the least subvert-able group out there unless you physically capture and tadpole them. They're already a cult of militant fanatics, and the moment they smell G'haik on the Absolutists they'd reject any thought of joining them. As far as I know, Lae'Zel was nothing special by Githyanki terms before her capture. Karlach was a well-known figure in the blood war, but most of Lae'Zel's backstory is just Gith Backstory. I think it's more likely she would help the Absolutists wipe out the Creche and lay an ambush for the PCs there than subvert the Creche.

Meanwhile, Timeline Questions

Spoiler
Show

Specifically, I'm wondering about the mind flayer colony under Moonrise.

The Emperor was Baldurian, and when he went to Moonrise, he encountered the Mind Flayer Colony, got Wormed, and Asuran managed to pull him out of the Elder Brain's control.

When exactly was that? My impression was that the war over Moonrise was a century or two ago, since Halsin fought in that conflict, and before that point Moonrise towers was the home of the well respected Thorme family which ruled over a prosperous and happy kingdom. But Balduran founded Baldur's Gate, which I always took to be much older than that?

The Emperor describes himself as checking out the ruins of Moonrise seeking treasure, standard adventurer stuff, implying that his visit was AFTER the shadowcurse. Did he found Baldur's gate, then just kind of wander off and keep adventuring for a few centuries until he got himself mindflayered? Was there a Mind Flayer colony under Moonrise towers when Ketheric Thorm first fell to Shar?

[/SPOILER]