Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
Actually Wolverine has a much larger backstory than most other X-men. From the various old wars he was in, to the weapon X storyline, and then his time in Japan all prior to X-men. Though this does skew the actual weapon X storyline to an extent it did it pretty well.

I liked the movie for the most part. Gambit and deadpool were cast perfectly. Ryan Reynolds was the perfect pick for deadpool and his comedic style absolutely worked for the character. Also the sword guy you reffered to is in fact deadpool prior to the experimentation. Surprised you didn't notice that.

Deadpools powers by the way in the comic are enhanced speed and strength, master martial artist, master marksman, master swordsman, a healing factor better than Sabertooths or wolverines, he has a telepeportation device, and he has the ability to break the fourth wall.
Well, the question is, how much of that backstory did they mention in the X-men trilogy of movies. Unless the Amnesia-bullet had no purpose whatsoever.

I had a feeling sword-guy was Deadpool before experimentation. But I havn't read nearly enough Deadpool. I need to remedy that. What sucks is that they set up adding Deadpool, and actually have him in there for awhile. They could very easily have created Weapon 11 as he is now without making him Deadpool.