1. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k III - Hats for the Hat Throne

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    I seem to recall that from somewhere. It's probably from an old codex, I haven't read any codex beyond Tyranids, CSM, and DoC in a long time. It might also be from Armored Fist Squads or something.
    Tyranids don't get Transport vehicles. Neither do Daemons. And Chaos Space Marines don't get to have 6-man vehicles. So it doesn't come up. And, Armoured Fist squads no longer exist in the way that you're thinking of.

So, I understand your ignorance. That's alright. It's not bad. You just don't know. And, I've only just come up with this idea yesterday/today.

From the current Big Black Book (unless you've got AoBR, in which case it's the small rule book), page 67;

"The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed it can only carry the unit it was selected with [...]. After the game begins it can then transport any friendly infantry unit, subject to transport capacity and other special exclusions [...]."

Nowhere does it say that the vehicle must carry it's 'payload' before - or - at deployment. If it did, there'd be a lot of angry Tau players.

And, even if that were the case (which it isn't, to clear confusion), Codecies supersede the BBB. And Codex: Space Marines along with Space Wolves (possibly Dark Angels, but I've lost the Codex , and I don't have Black Templars), allow ten-man squads to take Razorbacks.

Most people just haven't used this tactic because of the rule of Combat Squads in Space Marines, allowing you to split the squad into five. Fully enabling the Razorback to use it's transport capacity again.

Although, with the advent of Codex: Space Wolves,
    One, The Combat Squads rule is gone.
    Two, Space Wolves can't have Heavy Weapons in their 'Tactical Squads'.

Ergo, the ten-man 'Razorback Squad' will need to get used if you want more Heavy Weapons. And, the difference between a Rhino and a Razorback is only five points. More if you upgrade. Which I would. TL Lascannons are sweet.

Codex Witch Hunters still has the 'wrong' wording. Since it's old. And Sisters' Squads with more than 6 models can't take Immolators at all.
    And Inquisitors with a large Retinue can't ride in their vehicles, etc.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2009-11-01 at 02:06 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome