Quote Originally Posted by Averagedog View Post
wow, while flesh wound is, by no doubt, pretty original. It is very overpowered. It essentially negates damage from physical ranged attacks and mooks. While it is by no doubt epic, it's potential in "real" situations does nothing against bigger badder enemies and completely negates a horde of mooks.

Let's use the barbarian as an example: The barbarian get's DR 5 by level 19 and has access to feats that can increase the DR (especially if he has 20 con, see the monster manual feats for details). DR 5 doesn't negate all damage and only can against minor scratches or glancing wounds (though larger creatures generally do more than glancing blows, or if they are they really really hurt). Fleshwound on the other hand is currently so strong for reasons I have already stated :P.

so basically, you are giving the brawler (Brawlers Hit Die+Brawler's CON modifier - 1) DR
Flesh Wound was my Crazy Idea to throw out there before I move on to more sensible stuff, by which I mean one of two things.

Of course, mind you, DnD Already has Mooks as fairly useless, this just makes them useless in a different way.
Of course, it's also worthless against heavier hitters.
1) Give the brawler ways to boost their AC
or
2) Give the brawler more hit points.