1. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Throwing together some blood angels lists:
    Rightio.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriel Seth 160
    Yep. I like him. A Reclusiarch with Melta Bombs and Jump Pack might be a better fit. Maybe.

Honour Guard (5) 195
    Razorback (Extra Armor, HK Missile, Heavy Flamers)
    This is pretty expensive. You can get a ten-man Assault Squad for about the same points. Considering your lack of Troops...Yeah.

Furioso Dreadnought 175
    Librarian (Wings of Sanguinius, Might of Heroes)
    Yep.

Sanguinary Priest 75
    Jump Pack
    Assault Squad (5) 140
    Power Fist, Infernus Pistol
    Only five? Sad Face.

Scout Squad (10) 150
    Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher
    I guess. But, I'm not a fan of 'just one' Scout Squad. I find that they just don't do enough.

Death Company (3) 105
    Jump Packs
    100 points for 3 models is pretty expensive.

In 1000 points you should be looking at 3 Scoring Units. You have two. And one is minimum-size.

1500 Points
    More points! I'm only just commenting on things that I haven't already. Gabriel Seth and the Dread are still rockin'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Honour Guard (5) 195
    Razorback (Extra Armor, Heavy Flamers)
    Still pretty expensive. But, you're sitting on 1500 points so it's not really that big of a deal. Although you could give them Jump Packs for cheaper.

Assault Terminators (5) 210
    2x Thunder Hammer, 3x Lightning Claws
    Yep.

Sanguinary Priest 75
    Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest 85
    Terminator Armour
    These are actually one unit. Just saying. At the moment it looks like you've got four Elite choices.

Assault Squad (5) 140
    Power Fist, Infernus Pistol

Scout Squad (10) 150
    Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher

Death Company (3) 105
    Jump Packs
    So...You've got an extra 500 points to play with, and you don't upgrade or add to your Troops at all?
    "GG man, GG."

Stormraven Gunship 215
    Extra Armour
    I suppose. Although don't be surprised if it dies in the first turn leaving your Terminators in the cold. Everyone knows by now that I hate the Stormraven. So, there is that. Ceramite Plating doesn't protect against Krak Missiles and Lascannons, even Autocannons have an outside shot. Ceramite Plating doesn't even protect against Rending weapons like Assault Cannons.

Like the Monolith, people are in fits on whether Melta Bombs work 'properly' on Stromravens...They do, by the way.
    Melta Bombs have +2d6 Penetration, not 1d6+1d6 like normal Melta weapons. Melta Bombs don't roll 'extra' d6. "RAWr!"

Both the lists are pretty much the same- my main concern would be not having enough troops.
    That's my issue too.
    Also, any decent shooting army, or, in fact any army that makes use of METAL BAWKSES wont be pleasant for you. Your army has expensive single models and low unit numbers.

Secondly, any other dedicated close combat army (which are probably just as fast as you) will have fun against you. The only unit you've got that stand up to any Assault punishment is the Terminators, and even they can be defeated by superior numbers and/or Power Weapons.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-22 at 06:40 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome