1. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    We've had this statistics discussion far too many times. Cheesegear uses it, but uses it via experience rather then empirically, but won't admit it. Everyone else seems to use it directly and it works, so long as you know statistics isn't a guarantee but a likelihood.
    Indeed. What annoys me most is 'Should have done X' talk. As if you can tell dice what to. But, yes, most of my 'statistics' comes from experience, and I'd rather not waste 20+ Orks on 5 Terminators if I had the choice.
    They might kill 3 Terminators off 50 Attacks. But, those 50 attacks would be better spent elsewhere.

In fact, behind the land raider, terminators seem to be the most overrated unit in the game. (land raiders here aren't, but overall they seem to be) I usually enjoy terminator heavy opponents because it means I have fewer units to deal with, and the fewer units, the easier things get.
    Agreed. Terminators are useful as an anvil unit. Anvil units don't work quite as well as they do in WHFB, but, the principle is the same.

Most people use Terminators as a Brick unit. Which they function quite well as. But, there are other things that can beat them at it.

I'm disappointed that it was changed considering that most people in the previous thread seemed to like it but it was changed just because someone didn't like it as much.
    If there were more complaints when I changed it...But there wasn't. I can change it back anytime...
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-22 at 09:53 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome