1. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by evisiron View Post
    In defence of statistics, you cannot escape it. You will use it every game. You will shoot that termie unit instead of the scouts in cover with the plasma because you know statistically it will reap the greatest result. Stop running.
    Yeah, but, that's common sense, rather than statistics. You don't need statistics to figure out that S7, AP2 is better than S4, AP5. However, I'm not prepared to say how much more effective a Plasmagun is over a Bolter. I'm not prepared to say how many casualties I should get.

I acknowledged that statistics has it's place. But, I also know that 40K doesn't play averages and when you most need a 2+, you'll roll a one. Because Chance plays a greater roll than Statistics.
    Or, because Tzeentch hates you and laughs at your 'statistical averages' and then watches you lose because of that exact dice roll...Just as Planned.

I hope we can change the witty slogan to one of the ones people enjoyed in the last thread, like "Waaagh! Uh, what is it good for?" or even a DoW one about THE EMPRAH!
    The problem I have with it, is that it doesn't really have anything to do with the thread except that some people like it. Some people also like this title too. So...
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-22 at 05:40 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome