1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well... You said Rogue Trader/2nd Edition was the most fluffy...
    I love how you Straw Man to get your argument across. I also love how you can't even get that right.

3rd was the most fluffy. 2nd just had the most fluff. Which is totally different. Chaplains did not have Crozii in 2nd. Therefore the models didn't.

And, I know Wraith said it, but, nowhere does it say that old models are still legal. Some are. Some aren't. I know, specifically, that the old Screamer-Killer Carnifii and walking Zoanthropes are no longer legal.

*cough* MANTA *cough*
    That might be the case, but the original point, IIRC, was that Tau don't have superheavies
    That's a lie. I love how you Straw Man and fail.

I said that Tau don't really get anything [good] out of Apocolypse. And, considering the context - that Imperial Armour wasn't allowed - the Manta isn't applicable.

Second, the Manta is pretty bad in comparison to everything else in Apocolypse. So, once again, the Tau don't really get anything out of it. Tau is one of the worse-off races you can play.

And it doesn't look anything like it.
    I know other people have defended me, but, I posted a picture of Asmodai artwork where he was totally without a Mk III helmet. So, I don't see why you devote a whole post to something I've already accepted that I could be wrong about.

The model looks like it might have a Mk III helmet. But, that's only from pictures I can see on the 'net, and the robe makes it difficult (for me) to tell. I did say that it probably wasn't Mk. III, considering his artwork.

Of course, people who actually have the model have went on to prove me wrong, without resorting to Straw Men arguments and without painting themselves in a negative light.

Without repeating one of my earlier arguments that I've said in response to you and your posts many times, I'll just repeat Wraith. QFT.

Sooo... After that heated discussion about pre-Heresy armors, no one really wants to talk about then when they were finally 'done right'?
    Only you. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    You mean that same page which accommodates counts-as and proxying?
    Lies. The rule accomodates 'count as' as it applies to Wargear. Not whole, actual models. As I've said before, there aren't too many people who will complain when you tell them that the wargear on the model is actually 'nothing', which is what the example in the box is.

'Count As' is not an officially supported rule, in the rulebook. And your opponents and more than a few tournaments that I've seen overseas (not in my area, that is) are fully within their rights to deny you your Count As models. There aren't too many people that will. But, 'Count As' is not in the rulebook, and WYSIWYG is. I know which takes precedence.

Count As, is a policy developed by GW to accommodate creativity and diversity within the hobby. It's not very often people talk about it, because it's not part of the rules, and that's why you don't see too many people (except veteran hobbyists) who actually use the policy.
    However, like I've said about six hundred times, if your model either
    a) Doesn't conform to the rules, including base size and LoS equivalents or
    b) Doesn't look anything like the thing you're saying that it is

They don't have to allow it.

Which is more or less where I was going - so long as it didn't look like a captain I don't see why it should be treated as one.
    Because you said Power Weapon and Iron Halo. != Crozius Arcanum and Rosarius.

Most of the other lists I've seen on the internet deviate from the format you've demonstrated. Wildly.
    Wildly? Link or it didn't happen.

Here are some lists that follow my format. Not exactly. But, you can see the format is pretty clear and very similar to mine. Here's some lists from Dakka. One of the foremost 40K forums on the 'net.

Space Marine list
    Another one
    Space Wolves
    Orks
    More Orks

You can see that all Dedicated Transports are clearly indicated as being attached to their units. The format is clearly HQ => Elites => Troops=> etc. Except in the case of the Space Marines where they go Troops => Elites. And most units are only taking up minimum line spacing (albeit one long one line in most cases). The only thing I'd change about any of those lists is the fact that a lot of the use 'with' or 'w/', and try and shorten the lines.

It's definitely not 'my' format. It's the standard. Zorg (whom we all know, trust and love) tried to catch me once on this fact before, until I linked to a few lists posted on Collegia Titanica which were staggeringly similar to those above and what I wrote anyway.

Speaking of CT...There's more stories of Captain West.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-08-16 at 11:24 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome