View Single Post

Thread: Bibliography II

1. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Bibliography II

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    ... that would make a lot of sense for why that codex is used for surgeries and stuff, instead of accidentally frightening children and stuff. So the Frankenstein's codex would be the myth of mad scientists? Pretty boss!
    I'm seeing them as having Mad Science/Lightning based abilities. They fight indirectly, sending their Monsters to do battle for them, while staying in the back row, boosting their creations with spells...

If this turns out to be true, DIBS ON MAKING ONE FOR THE CHAR DESIGN THREAD!

Ooh
    Spell Ideas
    UberBoost: The Target receives a temporary boost to strength and speed, however once it wares off, the target is weakened. Usually used on Creations, but when desperate, a Mad Scientist will use it on themselves.
    Lightning Coil: Sends a blast of lightning, can be used offensivelyS, or, if used properly, can boost a Creation (Which are animated by Lightning after all).
    Surgeon's Eye: Caster gains incrediable fine motor control and the ability to see through Flesh (It's transparent for them), making them great surgeons. Can also be used offensively to pinpoint a target's weak spots for when the Scientist needs to get their hands dirty.

Edit: Or if they just modify themselves, Dibs anyway. I feel like making one, as soon as we learn how they work.

Hrmm, maybe their Trade is Brilliance in exchange for an obsessive pursuit of knowledge.

Descending Pages of Frankenstein's codex don't start cackling, laughing and saying things like "I'LL SHOW THEM ALL". That's the sign of a healthy page of the frankenstein's coded (Well, they only do that occasionally). It's when they start working very, very quietly, with intense focus, and stop bragging about their breakthroughs that you know they're starting to descend.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-09-11 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]