Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
We have to remember not all dragons reproduce all the time. Some of them have not even reached adulthood yet....you're not going to see a hatchling running around making babies....that being said lets limit mating to twice in a given dragons life cycle and that should keep the population in check....also I noticed that my own math was in error there would actually be a fair few Dragons in the Capitol given that there are 12 families and one set of parents has 3-4 children....twice, and then they have 3-4 children twice, so there are actually a rather high number of True Dragons running around even with personal conflicts leading to "early" deaths.

Also by the time I actually get a chance to sit down and edit the Wiki there is going to be a lot more stuff to put on it.
It's also possible that some Dragons may simply not have children, or not have true dragon children anyway.

Eventually those children are going to grow up and become political players, potentially rivals. Dragons live pretty much forever, so they wouldn't have children in order to leave a legacy.