1. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop IX: "Mech is king? I never voted for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    From the game I played I'm not so sure that Tau are shafted against Dark Eldar. 6 broadsides can kill a lot of raiders. Fire warriors will tear most dark eldar units apart in shooting. The edge probably goes to Dark Eldar I'll admit but Tau can do a lot of damage.
    But that's not what Tiers mean. The Tiers mean "How many variants of your army can you take and still be competitive?"

i.e; How many units in the Codex are actually good? Must you take certain things?

As it stands, there's one (or none, depending on who you ask) way to build a competitive Tau army. And that's why its Tier 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Blood angels need synergy. Sanguinary Priests just synergise with most things. The most popular BA HQ seems to be a librarian with buff powers.
    No they don't. Those just happen to be things that do synergise, since the only other option is the Captain, which sucks in comparison. Its not that they need to synergise, but, it just so happens that the best things in the army, do.

You don't need Sanguinary Priests to be competitive. You only need the Librarian for the Psychic Hood, anything else you give him (by way of powers) are just gravy. And players with balls don't even take Librarians.

The most popular Librarian has buff powers. The best Librarian has debuff powers. Which Mephiston doesn't have.

Hell, take the Captain, and load up on Librarian Dreadnoughts. That's competitive too.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-12-13 at 03:51 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome