New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Here is my character for FI

(warning, streches screen)
    Spoiler
    Show

Grim Ranger (bounty hunter alias, real name yet unknown, is known to UNA as M27 for unknown reasons)

Character power level: Low epic Wizard/Ranger with all-around feat and skill tree, capable of casting 7th level spells and capable adversary in close combat. He also has tendency to use firearms and explosives to good effect, though this is more likely due his strategy of putting as much lead to the air as possible rather than any real marksmanship, though he climbs to the sharpshooter status while using a bow. He has aquired profiency with wide variety of weapons through long life-span full of practice and his continous use of Grim's hyperspace arsenal,self-written spell that allows him to summon almost any weapon he needs from his pocket-dimensional weapon gallery with moment's notice, so opponents rarely find him unarmed. His most usual arments include twin longswords, dual submachine guns and wide variety of knives.

Strenghts: Wide variety of skills, profiency with many different weapons and spells. He is relentless in his pursuits and will rarely slow down in face of danger, preferring "straight through"-approach, which makes psychological attacks against him often doomed to fail. He is also remarkably hard to take down through his use of cover whenever it is necessary, his armor, which while lightweight combines ballistic vest, limited resistance to elements and armorweawe cloak, and nanomachines present in his body. Due to nanomachines and careful use of magic he has lifespan which can be potentially extended for thousands of years. He is also survivor type, able to withstand most dragedies and new scars as "nothing new".

Weaknesses: His single-mindedness and confidence in his eventual superiority can very easily lead him straight to traps and troubles. Being jack of all trades also means he is master really in none and can quite easily be defeated at certain aspects, like magic or combat, by someone more dedicated to that single thing than himself, though he is mostly able to overcome this by cleverly combining his skills. He is also rather easily tempted to do something through old favours or first impressions, making manipulating him that much easier. Most people also tend to distrust him, and he finds it hard to socially interact.

Description: Since his start near the end of FFF, Grim Ranger of FI has changed considerabily. Most major change is absense of his hood, which he has dropped in favour of ninja-style mask covering lower half of his face, allowing his face to be seen more, thought careful to hide the bigger picture. He has also dropped his chain-shirt in favour of more modern ballistic vest, and his communicator unit has gotten upgrade, extending it to optical sensor over his left eye. He has also started to use more firearms and changed his overall look step into darker and edgier direction. He roams Abvroy as bounty hunter working mostly for more radical elements of UNA, hunting rebel bounties and inviduals on his list.

Backround: Not much is known about the past of this mysterious bounty hunter, though it is implied that he hates arcanians and has been active as bounty hunter for long time. Grim Ranger made his first major appereance when he accidentally boarded airship Vendetta on board the jet drow Tired N' Drowzy was flying, being apparently locked into trunk of the vehicle by rival bounty hunter. After being discovered by the drow and freed from the locked trunk, Grim Ranger agreed to join Team Evil under Drowzy's supervision. The pair went through the Vendetta and eventually met invidual known as Commander. After being briefed by him, GR got an employment proposition combined with blackmail from mystery organization apparently connecting to his past. After heated argument he submitted to save souls of his old friends, and got orders to neutralize list of inviduals apparently involving members of Team Good. Soon after this, Vendetta began carreening out of control and crashed into the ocean. Grim Ranger and Tired N' Drowzy eventually made their way out, fighting through chaos filling the sinking airship and escaped.
    At the beginning of FI Grim Ranger is being employed by UNA to hunt down Resistance members, mostly concentrating on high-profile bounties and continually seeking the inviduals on his list to get his work done with.

My apologies to Tired N' Drowzy if my backround section ruins your plans for next comic, I will change it. Also, if I get to wiki as writer soon, I will add more detailed history to GR. Critic or Comliments are welcome.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Why do we need to destroy the keys ? The Shades have no need for them. It was Salmon's team who needed them to destroy the Shades.
    Threeshades needed them to get the Talisman of the Dragon King didn't she? I thought the good guys were trying to get the keys to prevent her from getting them. By simply destroying a key, we can prevent anyone from gaining control over the dragons.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

That was earlier, Threeshades later went along with herself being so powerful (the other shades deal) that the talisman wasn't worth it anymore. I'm pretty sure she even stated somewhere that it wouldn't even be enough to beat her.

Effectively killing it off from the majority of the plot.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-21 at 01:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure that the Sovice are strong enough to kill Threeshades. It might take a while, but they could.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking of sovices... WHAT FONT IS USED FOR THEIR LANGUAGE?!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    That was earlier, Threeshades later went along with herself being so powerful (the other shades deal) that the talisman wasn't worth it anymore. I'm pretty sure she even stated somewhere that it wouldn't even be enough to beat her.

Effectively killing it off from the majority of the plot.
    Ah. Well as Threeshades is now dead, we can wrap up FFF quite quickly.
    I now need to tie up the majority of loose ends I made. (Which will involve one of my characters leaving Avbaroy, another dying, and two of someone else's characters dying.)

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I'm sure that the Sovice are strong enough to kill Threeshades. It might take a while, but they could.
    It takes a while to kill Diablo, Baal, Nihilanth, Illidan, Ragnaros, Tiamat and numerous other bosses.

Except Mephisto. Because he sucks.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    It takes a while to kill Diablo, Baal
    You've obviously never played Diablo 2 Lod on Battle.net

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    Speaking of sovices... WHAT FONT IS USED FOR THEIR LANGUAGE?!
    There isn't one, their writing is made up of stylised geometric shapes. Just use normal text and put "<" and ">" around it.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah, I knew there was something going on between Q and GsQ..

Cpr.. right.. as if anyone is going to believe that.

All we need now is some Igon / Nobody slash fic and we can reopen the Abr house of horrors fanservice

*daydreams*
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-21 at 02:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341

All we need to do is edit out the *CPR* and add hearts around them.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've got three questions about FI.

1. Who is the leader of The resistance part of Alphantica.
    2. Who is the leader of the resistance part of Schizotec. (and if possible what does he look like.)
    3. Are there any other leaders of specific parts of the resistance. (i.e. SoG could be head of gangs working for the resistance.)
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Well the resistance recieves supplies from Sharnin's demi plane once in awhile from doomer's occaisional plane shift. So I'm kinda assuming im incharge of that.

Im pretty sure Lying leads the resistance.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-21 at 02:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    I've got three questions about FI.

1. Who is the leader of The resistance part of Alphantica.
    2. Who is the leader of the resistance part of Schizotec. (and if possible what does he look like.)
    3. Are there any other leaders of specific parts of the resistance. (i.e. SoG could be head of gangs working for the resistance.)
    I should have a detailed schematic up soon, as soon as I finish Megadoomer's demands.

It should be up soon.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 02:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Its not really a demand as much as it is has taken quite awhile

Your mah favoirite mask

16. - Top - End - #346

Im pretty sure Lying leads the resistance.
    He does, but I do a lot of his work and go to his meetings, because of his disease.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Character Idea

Commander Skrizim. Lost an arm and part of his face in the fourth invasion of Schitzotech. Formerly an officer in the Schitzotech Scarlet Legions, he now serves with the Resistance. Iv'e got a couple other character ideas kicking around that I might get to eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

He does, but I do a lot of his work and go to his meetings, because of his disease.
    Disease? What disease?

If he has some kind of sickness, why doesn't he just reclone himself?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-21 at 03:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Disease? What disease?

If he has some kind of sickness, why doesn't he just reclone himself?
    He can't raclone himself because he's to crazy (because he's got the disease). He got the disease because someone was poisoning him.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

If I may ask, where can I find a template of Ven ? BRC's picture hasn't the right proportions.

21. - Top - End - #351

@ Q: Funny comic.
    Peace, peace~

22. - Top - End - #352

Are you making that schematic MM?

edit - @Mem - are you gonna update H/H.
    Last edited by chriky; 2008-12-21 at 04:51 PM.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    Are you making that schematic MM?

edit - @Mem - are you gonna update H/H.
    Yes, that's why I asked the question. Ven is the one commanding the resistance's department of intelligence, so I need him in the schematic.

24. - Top - End - #354

Wouldn't I get incharge of supplies since I can plane shift to sharnin and carry stuff back in a bag of holding. That way only I enter or leave. I mostly do attacks though. Since Sharnin has to take time harvest and make stuff.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-21 at 05:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355

Kobold

Wouldn't I get incharge of supplies since I can plane shift to sharnin and carry stuff back in a bag of holding. That way only I enter or leave. I mostly do attacks though. Since Sharnin has to take time harvest and make stuff.
    Hevard's handy haversack > Bag of holding.

Because you can stick haversacks in another haversack without making a black hole to the astral plane.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

But if you keep taking stuff out, isn't Sharnin going to run out?

27. - Top - End - #357

I take stuff rarely. In addition the plane is essentially a large landmass with islands and a oceant that covers everything that the islands that dot the plane dont. The demi plane spell allows you to decide exactly what the place is going to look like. The people have been there for 15 years so it can be assumed that they have become pretty well sittuated.

28. - Top - End - #358

Kobold

You've obviously never played Diablo 2 Lod on Battle.net
    Damn boss rushes. I prefer to go the hard way and just kill them painfully slow (unless I use the sorceress)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

I take stuff rarely. In addition the plane is essentially a large landmass with islands and a oceant that covers everything that the islands that dot the plane dont. The demi plane spell allows you to decide exactly what the place is going to look like. The people have been there for 15 years so it can be assumed that they have become pretty well sittuated.
    I don't want to be rude, but I think you are too attached to Sharnin. The demi-plane spell is correct, but the way you want to use it is a little far-fetched. And it's too easy; if Sharnin did it, why doesn't Alphantica do it ? It doesn't make sense.

You should detach yourself to this imaginary micro-nation.

EDIT: The schematic is going well, but I need that Ven template ! Else you'll have a ? in place of the character.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-21 at 05:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ooh, lemme get that up, gimmie a minute.

Physically, he hasn't changed at all from the current plot (since his avatar is computer generated, he dosn't have to worry about ripped clothes or anything). But I'll get a picture up within 10 minutes.
    EDIT: Here it is
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-12-21 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]