New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Stories of the Venture

((I'd also like to ask what I know about Orlen.))

Kenneth Selden: Captain
    "My debts would be why we're in our current predicament General," Ken says while keeping his eyes on Orlen. "And I thought I'd taken care of them all though I'm sure Mr. Grages here will want to differ." He raises his voice, so as to be heard by the newcomers. "Mr. Grages, I believe we were squared away on that. Or are you intending to take my ship as well as everything in it seeing as you've brought a mechanic?"
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2009-01-11 at 10:30 AM.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tidus Renn
    First Mate

At the first sign of trouble Tidus quietly slips from the room before the thugs enter it, disappearing down a corridor.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2009-01-11 at 02:19 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

((Selden couldn't call the General "General", as he introduced himself as Sei Sun, if he introduced himself at all. He might be able to deduce his part in the war from his coat, but the stripes have been ripped off.

In other news, is Orlen Grages actually here himself, or just his henchmen?? I interpreted it as the latter))

General Blackburn, introduced as Sei Sun
    Bounty-Hunter and Veteran

"So you owe these men nothing?" Blackburn asked the captain. Without waiting for an answer he adressed the man in the business suit.
    "I guess you boys had better leave then, before there's trouble"
    He braced himself slightly. One wrong move, and these guys were toast.

"Pssst, cap'n, which one is the mechanic?"

((Also, I have no idea how Selden knew there was a mechanic with them, as I didn't, so I'm assuming he's deduced it somehow and it isn't obvious to the General. Should a fight ensue, the General has braced himself to topple the table forward (quite possibly crushing the thug in front of it) and to start firing with both his guns))
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

EDIT: OK, I'm not there.

Aaron is still pretty worried, having seen some tough-looking folk in the area earlier who are now nowhere to be seen and are likely onbboard the ship he's looking to sign up aboard. He sits down on a box of he has no idea what, and continues shouting "HELLO!", seemingly not caring about losing his voice or antagonising those within.
    Last edited by Headless_Ninja; 2009-01-13 at 01:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Dr Eugene Roe

The good Doctor takes a long pull from his cigarette and then takes a few steps back from the new group of people. He reaches into his bag and begins to rummage around like he's looking for something. As he pushes things around inside his bag (pretending to search) he grabs hold of his second pistol and keeps his ears open.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Headless_Ninja View Post
    (OOC: Guessing the mechanic is me?)
    Doubtful, you never actually said you'd enter. You were at the entrance, yelling "hello" if I remember correctly.

As for the doctor, I think we were eating, so we were sitting down, and I'd be surprised if they let you rummage around in your bag

Also, should we have an OOC thread?

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    You were at the entrance, yelling "hello" if I remember correctly.
    Indeed. I just assumed we'd skipped ahead a little and went with it.

8. - Top - End - #38

Lena Rassekh

After the captain had given her approval to claim a room, Lena stashed her gear, taking some time to organize her small quarters very neatly, washed away the dust of the road, and learned how to use the ship's galley before wearily sitting down to enjoy the first hearty meal she'd had in a while. Too late does she realize that she'd been naive enough to let down her guard. As she looks around at her crewmates and at the newly arrived toughs, she notices the bulges of more than a couple weapons under their coats. They brought guns into the spaceport? I didn't even dare bring Dad's gun into town with me. And now I've been foolish enough to leave my weapons in my room!

Out of the corner of her eye Lena sees one of her crewmates try to slip away. She does not turn her head, as it may draw attention to him - indeed she does not do anything but remain quiet and hope that she is overlooked in whatever quarrel these men have with the captain.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2009-01-11 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanks to Daryk for the Paladin avatar. Darius Sungold. 1648 OOC.

9. - Top - End - #39

Mark Graham
    Pilot

After introducing himself to the captain, Mark took a quick look around the ship before settling in one of the empty cabins. Despite himself, he'd been quite shocked at the state the ship was in. All that was left of the bridge was the pilot's chair!

As the day turned into night he found himself at the dinner table, enjoying an excellent meal when a group of what could only be called goons made their appearance.

"Uh oh, this looks like it could turn nasty reeaal quick. Better not draw any attention to myself."

OOC:
    Is it possible to slow down just a tad? I'm having trouble keeping up.
    The fastest animal alive today is a small dinosaur, Falco Peregrino.
    It prays mainly on other dinosaurs, which it strikes and kills in midair with its claws.
    This is a good world

Calcifer the Fire Demon by Djinn_In_Tonic

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Orlen Grages:
    Large Crime boss, takes what he wants, kills anyone who cheats him a penny or crosses him. Paid off a great chuck of the alliance on hera, most lackeys are there to pay for a debt. As far as you know you paid him all you owed him.

Now Selden, my associate has changed the agreement, you are now asked to move some cargo for him.

The men do not have their weapons out, yet the probably have rifles under their coats.
    The cargo bay is a 50x60 ft. room, with catwalks above, joining the rest of the ship together.
    Everyone but those take came in late are at the table.
    Running Keep on the Shadowfell
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Erradran Silverhand - Arena ranger in the paragon devision
    Jerren Stilsmite - Revenge driven Cleric of St. Cuthbert

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

General Blackburn (Sei Sun)
    "Look, mister, I think it'd be wise if you and your posse get out of here right now. We don't want no trouble"
    He grinned. Off course he wanted trouble. This was the kind of thing you said when you wanted trouble, and deep down he knew that.
    "Unless you're planning to pay us for shipping that cargo, say, by giving us the gear we need to get this ship off the ground properlike, plus wages for the crew, you'd better walk right back through that door"

((OOC:
    -As for the guy the General is looking for, would it be fitting were he part of Orlen's crew, or is it better for him to be a part of some other criminal organisation?))
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2009-01-13 at 05:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kenneth Selden: Captain
    "Well, my good sir," Ken says from the catwalk, I'm afraid my associate has stated quite eloquently our only course of action that can come of this. So consider his words."
    All the while, Ken's hands inch slowly towards his holsters.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron Hale - Mechanic

Having decided that whatever is going on on the ship is important enough that he won't be met anytime soon, Aaron pulls out his toolkit and begins polishing, sharpening and otherwise maintaining the devices inside.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

((Psssst, we started over here.))

My meager homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Woops! Thanks