1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy - An Unroutine Inspection IC

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Underground Area
    Esther
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I take it you've read what Mira's seen, if you are indeed looking at the four things you need to make a Disturbing (-0) Fear test. Are you aiming at Turket or the four things?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, sorry. I was going with the 'little left to fear' trait that you get for being brought up on Dusk - '-1 to all fear ratings, you suffer no ill effects if it is now fear 0', etc, and guessing that the disturbing fear test meant that it was fear rating 1. If not, WP roll - (1d100)[44], vs. Wp 33.

Aiming at Turket, btw.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-03-10 at 01:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Esther
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Ah I forgot about that trait, no need to apologise, although reminding me of when a relevant trait pops up will be useful in times like these. You are indeed inafraid of the 'zombies')

Being brought up on Dusk, you have seen many horrors and things that have caused you to question your faith. Over time, you have learnt to overcome your fear of such things, knowing that while they are frightening in appearance or nature, one can look at them from a different angle. That's exactly what you do in this situation. Taking in a good eyeful of the motionless, undead humanoids, you quickly shake off any feeling of fear and remember that these are daemonic spawn; even if they are not actually daemonic. Remembering that, your mood changes from slight fear and doubt, to duty and you remain comfortable staring at the beings.

Lucious and Korland can still make their turns. I may have to take Korland's turn again, until R4ph gets back.
    Chaos Khorne Flakes - Enjoy as part of a balanced....
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back, sorry. Was waiting for Lucious but, on second thoughts, what I was planing on doing is unlikely to be affected by him

Seeing the guard he's shot fall screaming to the ground, Korland winces, and jogs over to where he fell, stopping a few feet away to put the poor bastard out of his misery.
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucious holsters his pistol and draws his mono sword. "The Emperor protects." He said under his breath.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-03-10 at 10:52 PM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korland unloads a laspistol round into the flaming guard's head, ending his sorrowful life. (If that's what you actually wanted to do) The flames die out quickly, not causing any complications, other than degrading the armour and weapon of the guard.

The Inquisitor now turns his attention to Turket. You guess the reasoning behind this is: It's better to target the sorcerer than his spawn. "Turket Regg! You have been found guilty of heresy to the Imperium and the God-Emperor of Mankind, kidnapping, torture and death of Imperial servants and working for and or with the Ruinous Powers! This is grounds for immediate execution! Do you have anything to confess before the judgement is carried out?" Roars the Inquisitor. Turket, with his head in his hands, slowly turns to face the Inquisitor. His hands are an odd shade of gray. Once turned, his hands drop from his face, revealing a shriveled and gray face. The Inquisitor isn't at all bothered by this, but the sight causes you to wince a little. (No fear test required by the way) "I just wanted to see my family again...." Is the only reply Turket gives. Once Inquisitor Pale is satisfied that Turket has nothing left to say, he drives his sword into Turket's gullet. Turket coughs up blood and falls to his knees. The Inquisitor then, in a true testament to executioners everywhere, removes his sword from Turket's gullet and swings it horizontally; decapitating Turket in one fell swish. His head rolls under the table and into the semi-circular area. The table itself (just to claify) is wooden and on are two books, one of which looks like a book of Sorceries, the other seems like a photo album of somesort. There is also a quill and an ink bottle. The Inquisitor looks into the semi-circular area and redraws his laspistol, putting away his sword, but not after giving it a quick swish at the ground to remove the blood. "Stand fast Acolytes...." He says quietly. "....And remember the Emperor is watching over you. Trust in Him and let yourselves be a conduit to His Will. Do that and you will be victorious this day."

At this, Mira comes back down the stairs and rejoins the group. (No need to spend your turn returning to the group, although you'll need to move if you wish to melee the 'zombies') The Inquisitor nods to Mira as she returns. You all finally get to see what has happened in the centre of the semi-circular area.

Four 'things' stand in the centre of the area. They appear humanoid, but their skin is brown, grey and rotting. Strips of flesh hang from their arms and legs and it seems as if their bones inside have broken and shifted position; making odd shapes and patterns across their decaying skin. Parts of their bodies are missing, but only chunks from here and there; nothing that would stop them from moving or attacking. Their eyes do not contain pupils and staring into them is like staring into death itself; a cold and lifeless void. They wear aging and ripped rags. Two of them, you barely able to make out, appear to be adult in body features and structure, with one as a male, one as a female. The other two appear to be different ages of child, with a young female and a teenage male. The young female is quite small and would be harder to hit if you tried to attack it. They merely stand there for now, their expressionless faces staring into space. The sight of such horrible creatures sends a shiver up your spine, although looking at the Inquisitor you are inspired a little. The female adult of the group is holding Turket's head and staring into his dead eyes. It then looks up at you and growls, as do the rest of the things. They are all 9m away.

(Fear tests all round! These are at Disturbing (-0) level. Except for Mira, who's already taken one and Esther who, being brought up on Dusk, is unafraid of them. You gain a +10 to your Willpower at the Inquisitor's inspiring words for the duration of the conflict. This affects everyone and can be used outside of the fear test, such as in using Psychic powers. Your Initiative Order remains the same, however, the 'zombies' now also need to be included, so I will roll for them now.

(1d10+1)[6] - Father Zombie
    (1d10+1)[3] - Mother Zombie
    (1d10+1)[8] - Brother Zombie
    (1d10+1)[5] - Sister Zombie

The Zombies possess the following traits: Dark Sight, Fear: Disturbing, From Beyond, Natural Weapons, Unnatural Characteristic: Toughness x2, their Toughness is 30, so Toughness bonus is counted as 6 and the young female one is Size: Scrawny; which means it moves at AB-1, although it's AB is 1 anyway and you have a -10 penalty to hit it.

Ok, combat order is:

Inquisitor Pale
    Mira
    Brother Zombie
    Halo
    Esther/Korland/Lucious
    Father Zombie
    Sister Zombie
    Mother Zombie)

Inquisitor Pale has already taken his turn, so it is now Mira's turn.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-03-11 at 11:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426

WolfInSheepsClothing

Halo:

Chanting litanies of protection and falling deep into her training, Halo bolsters herself against the horrors of Chaos. "May the God-Emperor grant me purity of mind and soul and let not the evils of the Chaos sway my heart!"

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a fate point to activate Pure Faith. That should allow her to ignore the fear test and protect from corruption and insanity points.
    I think you forgot to add me to the initiative line-up. I believe I had a 7 and would be behind the brother.
    Last edited by Sahegian; 2009-03-11 at 10:27 PM.
    Characters:
    Anton Dreln
    Korvick

7. - Top - End - #427

Korland:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[70] vs 39(WP 29 + 10)

See OOC thread for further rolls

As the... things come into view, Korlands eyes go wide, and he screams in terror, falling to his knees and retching uncontrollably.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeya in 5 rounds!
    Last edited by R4ph; 2009-03-11 at 11:37 PM.
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira steals her heart when she gets to the top of the stairs. She looks at the assembled troops who are fleeing in fear.

Fools get a hold of yourself. The Inquisitor needs us and I sure as hell didn't come this far, get set on fire, and have to see that to run and lose my honor. Now get your asses back down there.

She unsheathes her sword and and flicks the slight sludge which had gathered at the top of the sheath. The sludge lands on the ground and she places a finger of sap into her cheek. before places the can in her vest. She unstrapped her helmet and gave the group a grin.

Plus how hard can it be to kill 'em. Lets get 'em

She turns and runs down the stairs with a guttural shout.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

ready the sword
    run down the stairs. (I presume I can't make a charge from up the stairs but if I can I wouldn't mind a charge to hopefuly lead the attacking troopers )
    Check out my horrible homebrews

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mira
    The troopers continue running, apparently not well drilled enough to withstand the horror of the beings. With sword unsheathed you head back down the stairs and into the underground area again. The distance to the 'zombies' is too great to make it straight away, but you make it to the side of your companions and Inquisitor, ready to face the threat of the horrors in front of you.

Brother Zombie
    Growling, the brother zombie lurches forward.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    AB bonus of 1 (yeah, they're VERY slow), Full Turn spent moving towards the group. It is 7m away, while the rest of the 'family' are 9m.

It is now Halo's turn, followed by Esther and depending on what is rolled, Lucious, as Korland is a bit busy losing his lunch over the floor.

10. - Top - End - #430

WolfInSheepsClothing

Halo:

Halo charges the advancing zombie. With the force of her momentum she swings her flail in a deadly arc.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 34 WS + 10 charge +10 weapon quality = 54 vs (1d100)[75]
    Damage:(1d10+6)[10]
    Characters:
    Anton Dreln
    Korvick

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Fully aware that it would be a better idea to remain beyond arm's length, , Esther leaps forward, following in her sister's lead, trying to land a blow on the creature with her flail, all the while trying to position herself between Korland and these ... things. What were they? Corpses, yes, but what animated them? Spirits of the dead, daemonic presences from the warp, or something else entirely? Whatever they were, neither Korland nor Mira appeared to have suffered the subtly different form of shock that resulted from direct exposure to the warp, but -

Her line of thought was interrupted by the empty, hollow sense of her flail passing through the empty air above the zombie. Damn.

Spoiler
    Show
    CHARGE!

37 WS + 10 (charge) + 10 (outnumbered two (Esther, Halo) to one) vs. (1d100)[99], for, if it hits, (1d10+6)[7] damage.

Edit:Cool rolls.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-03-15 at 08:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Perhaps it is the distortion in the warp, or the very slight sense of fear that knocks your aim off balance. Whatever the case, Halo's Flail passes harmlessly in front of the Brother Zombie, whereas Esther's Flail jams Esther misses the foul thing entirely.

It is now Lucious' turn and he must make a Disturbing Fear test (-0) to act normally.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear check (1d100)[72] Willpower is a 41
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Lucious
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Ouch, that's a fail by 2 degrees (remember you get a +10 to WP from the Inquisitor's Inspiring Words for the duration of the fight) unless you want to reroll. +20 to the Shock table, if you want me to roll for you: (1d100+20)[117] - Oh deary me, the Acolytes are falling left, right and center! If you want to reroll, do so.) If not:

The sight of such disturbing creatures is too much for your already taxed mind to handle. It's solution: Simply to turn itself off. Your suddenly lose control of your body as you faint, hitting the floor with just enough bodily control so that it won't cause injury. (You are knocked-out for 1d5 rounds, gain 1d5 Insanity Points and are at -10 to all tests until the end of this encounter.)

Korland
    You continue to retch at the vile creatures. The site of the decaying flesh and twisted bones is altogether too much.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-03-16 at 05:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Father, Mother and Sister Zombie
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Father is the second to lurch forward after the Brother, his arms outstretched at the Inquisitorial group attacking it's son. He is quickly followed by the Sister, although she is small and doesn't travel as far as her apparent Father. The Mother, dropping the head of her now second dead son, also lurches forward.

(Father lurches toward, although he cannot charge, so he only just makes it to the Brother, but cannot attack this turn, the Sister is Scrawny and moves at AB-1, meaning she only makes it to 1m away from the Brother and Father. The Mother also makes it to the Brother, but cannot attack this turn)

Inquisitor Pale
    Spoiler
    Show
    "They are slow creatures, Acolytes!" Cries the Inquisitor. "We must use this weakness against them!" While he is saying this, he takes careful aim of the straggling Sister. (Full Round of Aiming at the Sister)

It's now Mira's turn, although Lucious might still have a turn if Ceridan wants to reroll WP test.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Fell beasts we come to cleanse you in the name of the Emperor. Taste Catachan steal.

With these words Mira charges straight at the father zombie to intercept it before it gets to the Inquisitor and she brings her blade down in a sweeping arc using her full momentum.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

charge attack
    WS 40 + 10 (charge) - 10 fatigue = 40
    (1d100)[63]
    damage if hit
    (1d10+4)[12]

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mira
    (Remember, you outnumber the Father Zombie in melee, three-to-one, despite the other zombies basically standing next to him. Still not enough for a hit though, I'm afraid)

Mira's sword is well aimed, but the fatigue causes her arm to drop quicker than intended, missing the Father Zombie with her sword by mere inches.

Brother Zombie
    Now able to assist his Father, the Brother attacks Esther with his decaying arms, the bones inside his arms forming a strange hammer or maul of somesort.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All Out Attack. WS 35 + 20 (All Out Attack) = 55 to hit. (1d100)[29]. Zombies have Unnatural Weapons, so damage is 1d10+SB, their SB is 4, so (1d10+4)[7]. The type of damage is not stated, but since he's attacking with the blunt force of his bones, it'll be counted as Impact.

Esther moves to dodge the blow of the Brother, but his fist still slams into her Left Leg.

(No Outnumbered bonus now I'm afraid, it's Mira, Halo and Esther VS the Father and the Brother, so it's a 1.5/1 ratio)

It's now Halo's turn, followed by Esther. Korland is throwing up for another 4 rounds (until after his turn, then it'll be 3) and Lucious is unconcious from fear. (Since Lucious hasn't rolled for how many rounds he's going to be unconcious for, I'll roll for that now. (1d5)[4]. He also gains (1d5)[3] Insanity Points.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-03-21 at 03:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438

WolfInSheepsClothing

Halo:

Halo attempts to steady her breathing and focus her senses on her opponent. Whatever anomaly of the warp has caused her and her companions to strike so poorly can surely not stand against her faith and training. Having calmed her senses she sends her flail in a deadly arc towards the undead abomination.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    All out attack on the brother zombie.
    34WS + 20 all out + 10 quality: (1d100)[35] vs. 64
    damage:(1d10+6)[10]
    Characters:
    Anton Dreln
    Korvick

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Halo's Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Unnatural Characteristic: Toughness*2 means the Brother has a TB of 6. He takes 4 damage is now down to 13 wounds from 17.)

Halo concentrates hard and manages to lay a good hit on the Brother's twisted torso, although the Brother doesn't even appear to notice the damage and recoils only slightly.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

The bones of this zombie were weird. Odd. Wrong. Human bones don't work like that. Not that

Thoughts like these almost blotted out Esther's acts as her body performed time-polished maneuvers. Slam, back, swing.

Spoiler
    Show

Half action on attempting knockdown:

(1d100)[35] + strength 42 - 10 (fatigue).

If that passes off either with me knocking him down, or with both of us remaining standing, standard attack.

(1d100)[42] vs ws 39 + 10 (fatigue) - 10 (if I knock him down)

If that hits, then (1d10+6)[16] damage.

21. - Top - End - #441

Korland:

*Mblllluuurrrggggh*

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Esther
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Where does the Fatigue come from? I don't think you gain Fatigue from the Brother's hit, as it's counted as a weapon and does actual damage. If you don't gain the Fatigue, you'll have knocked the Brother down and gained a Fury attack against him. If you have indeed gained the Fatigue, you'll have missed both actions)

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Underground Area
    Esther
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Where does the Fatigue come from? I don't think you gain Fatigue from the Brother's hit, as it's counted as a weapon and does actual damage. If you don't gain the Fatigue, you'll have knocked the Brother down and gained a Fury attack against him. If you have indeed gained the Fatigue, you'll have missed both actions)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got fatigue from the unarmed attack from the guard a while back. Was stopped by armour, but I reckoned that it would still count, since she was being knocked about inside her armour.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Righto, seems fair enough.)

Her fatigue lets her down as Esther is unable to knock-down the Brother and cannot follow up the attempt with a successful attack.

Father Zombie
    The Father goes for Halo, his arms also creating a dead-weight style weapon inside his decaying flesh.

Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    WS 39 + (All Out Attack) 20 = 59 to hit (1d100)[49]. Damage is (1d10+4)[8] Impact.

Much like the Brother, the Father lands a hit on the Left Leg. The Armour almost beginning to buckle under the extreme force.

Sister Zombie
    The Sister still slowly makes her way over to the group engaged in melee, but doesn't quite get the chance to attack a target. (Full Round spent moving)

Mother Zombie
    The Mother goes for Mira, although this time it's the legs that the zombie uses; a mess of bones that will undoubtly hurt if they connect.

Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    WS 32 + (All Out Attack) + 20 = 52 to hit (1d100)[12]. Damage is (1d10+4)[7] Impact.

The Mother's leg swings high and hits Mira in the Left Arm. The legs do indeed hurt and would be best steered clear of.

Inquisitor Pale
    Having spent considerable time tracking the slow movements of the Sister, the Inquisitor opens fire on his Laspistol, then studies the situation.

Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    BS 48 + 20 (Full Round Aiming) - 10 (Size: Scrawny) = 58 to hit (1d100)[56]. Damage is (1d10+2)[10] Energy. - Torso hit, TB = 6, so 4 wounds taken. The Sister is now at 8 Wounds from 12. He then uses the Delay action (P. 192) and can take any Half Action before his next turn.

The aiming on the Inquisitor's behalf has been well spent and his Las shot finds it's mark in the Sister's torso. Decaying flesh is fried, but the Sister continues on.

It is now Mira's turn.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-04-17 at 03:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Esther

Distracted by her thoughts about these ... things, Esther misses both blows. Seeing both of her fellow acolytes hit by these creatures, she realises that this can't go on.

Pull back! They'll tear us to pieces at close quarters, but we can harry them from beyond arms' reach! Pull back!

Spoiler
    Show
    Haha, I'm acting out of the turn sequence! Just try and stop me!

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

((wow I am sorry I did not relize it was my turn))
    Mira

Miras arm is runs with blood from the mothers kick but she grits her teeth and spit in the zombies face before swinging her blade in a wide arc leaving her body open for more attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

WS 40 + 20 all out + 10 (I think i am afb) -10 fatigue = 60
    (1d100)[83]
    if hit damage
    (1d10+4)[5]

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mira is knocked off balance by the Mother's attack and misses her swing.

Brother's Turn
    The Brother swings again at Esther, using the full force of his arm to lead into the strike.

Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    All Out Attack, WS 35 + 20 = 55 to hit, (1d100)[4]. Damage is (1d10+4)[5] Impact.

The Brother's fist smashes into Esther's chest, but in such a way that it isn't as painful as it looks. It still takes the wind out of her though.

It is now Halo's turn, followed by Esther. Korland has 2 rounds to go after his turn to recover and Lucious will have 3 after his turn.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-03-29 at 10:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448

WolfInSheepsClothing

Halo:

Realizing that the group is likely outmatched in a melee, but unwilling to leave her companions severely outnumbered she hopes to even the odds by bringing down the brother zombie. Taking a moment to study the creature's movements she brings her flail crashing down towards the zombie as she prays quietly to the emperor for his guidance.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half action aim before attacking brother zombie: WS 37 + 10 aim + 10 quality = 57 vs (1d100)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[9]
    Characters:
    Anton Dreln
    Korvick

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Underground Area
    The time spent studying the Brother's movements yields a good hit to it's right arm. It's flesh begins to tear, but the blasted things keeps going!

Halo's Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    TB=6 so 3 wounds, Brother is down to 10 wounds.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Esther

Time having stood still, what seems a week passing in nearly a moment, Esther darts forward, trying to down the Brother Zombie. All things decay, break out, wear down, she muses - let the flail egg the process along a little.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full out attack, (1d100)[19] vs 39 + 20 (full out attack).

Sorry for the absence.

EDIT: evidently I forgot damage. Posted on the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-04-14 at 11:08 AM.