New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy - An Unroutine Inspection IC

In the Limo
    Spoiler
    Show
    You serve the Inquisition, you bring, and have always brought the Emperor's justice... how's that not Holy?

Ravina sighed.

At least you know why you're here, and what the job is you've got to do. Me, I don't even know why I was recruited. I'm a Psyker, which already has me far beneath the rest of you in His sight. I'm not even a battle-psyker, like Master Lucious. "Just a little witch in the wrong place". I'm out of my depth

She sounds like she's quoting someone at the end, and sinks down into her chair, clearly depressed

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she described herself as a witch. I was using it as a prejudicial term for Psyker, not heretic. If it's not used like that, Ravina wouldn't use it here
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

:Arbites' Precint:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina adds a little, just to be certian

Accept no commands from anyone else whilst we are gone, bar those directly designated by the Inquisitor

She follows Tyson, looming over his shoulder in her tatterd dirty grey robes, trying her level best to look the part of a somewhat scary Psyker. Even Sacntioned Psykers still had no problems inspiring that minor type of fear, as a rule. She keeps silence, speaking was Tyson's job
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira kneels next to the charred remains of the spy. She mumbles a short prayer to the emperor.

The emperor has decided that this man was unworthy to live.

She then stands up and looks around to see if the fire fight caused any undue attention before turning her sights to the ground to look for any tracks left by the man on his way here. Mira hoped the emperor was kind enough to have this man leave scuff marks and dust prints where he had walked.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

perception:31
    awareness: (1d100)[79]
    Int:29
    tracking: (1d100)[2]
    Check out my horrible homebrews

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Landing Area
    Spoiler
    Show
    No-one is around. It would appear that either no-one heard the screaming or shooting or didn't want to investigate. Either way,the Emperor has indeed been looking over you. At the least for now anyway. It was evident that he guided your aim and smited your foe through you with little trouble and now he provided you with a means of following the origin of this man. Your feral senses kick in and through a sense of smell and gut feelings (which are argueably the Emperor guiding you) you retrace the man's journey.

You follow the 'tracks' to a shady area of the Underhive. You round a corner and see what looks like an abandoned warehouse just ahead of you. Bullet holes riddle the outside of the sheet steel structure and two men with Stub Automatics guard the entrance. Four rusted and dented ground cars come into view and you hide round the corner as they pass. There are two men in each ground car, some with visible weapons, such as Stub Automatics. They park the cars just outside the warehouse and head inside, nodding to the guards as they do. The guards nod back and continue to stay put outside the entrance. You sense that this is a Scum hideout. The 'tracks' lead inside the warehouse.

Arbites Precinct
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moral Wiz View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina adds a little, just to be certian

Accept no commands from anyone else whilst we are gone, bar those directly designated by the Inquisitor

She follows Tyson, looming over his shoulder in her tatterd dirty grey robes, trying her level best to look the part of a somewhat scary Psyker. Even Sacntioned Psykers still had no problems inspiring that minor type of fear, as a rule. She keeps silence, speaking was Tyson's job
    The Arbites guards eye you suspiciously and tense their trigger fingers, clearly unsettled by your presense. At least they do not move to stop you or aim at you.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-24 at 07:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Skum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show

Mira stays out of view and thanks the emperor for his guidance.

Sister I will leave the next move to you. We have tracked our spy back here but whether we should move forward and investigate this place more is in your hands. I believe in the Emperor's protection and my own skill enough that I believe we may be able to take down the guards and enter the building but we do not know what is in store for us should we enter.

As she explains this to the sister Mira begins to judge her distance from the two guards and judges the terrain around the entrance looking to see if there is any means of sneaking up on the two without undue notice.

perc:31
    awareness: (1d100)[91]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

:Still in the Limo:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tyson, concerned at his companion's seeming depression frowned. He'd seen this happen to his friends on The Force back home. They fail at something, and suddenly get introspective and can't do their job properly. Then they can't concentrate 'right', and suddenly there's a Stub between their eyes. Or worse, their partners'.
    ...Flashbacks struck Tyson. He was damned if he let that kind of drek happen to a psyker.

Tyson's voice was cold. No time for babying. This was life-or-death. A psyker thinking this way. Only the Emperor knows what damage could happen if she was pressed. "Last I checked, you were in the Inquisition, now, too. So, if that makes me holy, then so are you. So, pull your head out. You've got the same job as me. And the Emperor has given you a gift. And if you call yourself a 'witch' one more time, I'll be forced to do my Arbritratorial Duty when dealing with such. He gave Ravina a glare. Then, his visage softened "Isn't the Emperor Himself a psyker?"

:Arbites' Precinct:
    Tyson snapped off a salute to the Sergeant. "Private Renquist, sah!" he indicated Ravina with a sweep of his hand. "I'm here on orders from Inquisition." again, nodding in the direction of his 'associate' the psyker. "We're investigating a Mr..." he fumbled for the answer, he should know this. It was pertinent to the case "...Turket Regg, and his holdings. Specifically, the Bolt-Factory. We have reason to believe that either, he, or his workers are involved in not-so-legal dealings. I'd like to requisition all the information you have - if any - on the man and his known associates."

He paused as the Sergeant took in the information "In the interest of co-operation between the Inquisition and the ever-vigilant Arbites, I thought it wise to come and report that I, and my associates, may encounter resistance. I am here to put in a requisition for assistance and extra man-power. If that isn't possible, I politely report that if a call comes in about hostility in the area, it is my associates and I, and we are sanctioned, as such, by His Emperor's Most Holy Inquisition. Now, if I may see your Quartermaster, I'd like to see what I can do about requisitioning extra armaments."

:Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm an Arbiter without a Shock Maul, and that's why I deserve one for free.
    Still, I'd like to buy/requisition a Riot Shield (a regular shield ) and a Flak Helmet. Should run 50 Thrones - before Barter (out of my 52)
    ...Barter isn't a Trained Skill for me
    ...WOW. Barter is never a Trained Skill for the Arbitrator class.

Barter (42/2 = 21): (1d100)[51] ...Fail.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2009-01-24 at 07:15 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    Mira

Skum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show

As she explains this to the sister Mira begins to judge her distance from the two guards and judges the terrain around the entrance looking to see if there is any means of sneaking up on the two without undue notice.

perc:31
    awareness: [roll0]
    You are unfortunately unable to determine anything of strategic value. You can only rely on what you can plainly see, which is a lone warehouse ahead of you and the large support pillar you hid behind, which is connected to a row of habs that you walked past while tracking the spy. The warehouse is probably several dozen metres away, at least, and the guards are stationed looking in your direction.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Limo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina... slowly nods

Yes. The Astronomicon... we're all taken to Terra to be Sanctoned...

She's still somewhat lost for words, just staring at Tyson blank.

Then she laughs, long loud and clear. For a moment, she looks almost like...

Then she's back to her normal, slightly hunched, raggedy self. But there's a smile, more genuine than any she'd used before.

All right, Master Tyson. I'll try and think of myself as holy. That... may take some getting used to..

Then, a tad of mischief creeps in

Though I'm assuming you want at least a little of the "Scary Psyker" approach for the prescient, no? Good Acolyte, Bad Acolyte?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-24 at 07:38 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm making a note here: GREAT SUCCESS.

Esther slows, and stops. Running her hand through her hair, she looks at the corpse, then at Mira, then at the corpse again. Striding over to it, she kneels, fingers her Aquila, and commends the soul of the dead man to grace. At least his death was more merciful than the lives of all the other spies that could have been sent; asbestos, industrial accidents and Hrud would see to that.

Returning, she shakes her head at Mira. She's bearing a somewhat forced grin.

I can see you're a proficient shooter, but ... WHAT WERE YOU PLAYING AT?

Flinging her hands up in the air, Esther begins stalking about, in a dark, impotent fury.

Firstly, I can understand the fact that we might not see the gunning down of a probably unarmed man in the street as wrong, even with setting him on fire to the extent that we boiled his eyes like grapes - well, he was acting suspiciously. Oh well, he was talking into a microbead, probably reporting on our position. Then there's the fact of his now no longer being able to give us information; sure, he might not have done so anyway. But what I don't get is why we killed him - in plain view of the entire street - we are attempting to avoid alienating the planet we are trying to save, are we not? Anyway, if we have a lead, we must follow.

A sigh. She turns, and begins following Mira to the Scum warehouse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the harangue. Blame it on a Sister of a non-Militant Order who's seeing violent death for basically the first time.

Also, insert this before they leave for the warehouse - I'm a slow typer.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina tries not to show her fear at the Arbitas tensing at her approach. She sticks close to Tyson, enough to establish their connection. That should help him, and ensure no one did fire on her.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Pre-Skum warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show

Mira blushes ever so slightly at the sisters scolding but it was lost to her grime covered face. If only the sister had known Mira had tried to take the man alive.

Death is inevitable sister you best get used to it because it is the only reprieve the Emperor can grant any person from this hell.

she motions around at the hive.

This man was guilty no matter his true intentions. He was spying on the holy Inquisitors business and very well may have learned more than he should. But enough of this argument I have a lead.

She leads the way to the warehouse.

At the warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing no obvious cover on the ground Mira turns her gaze upward at the hab units. She looks for any handholds that may allow her to hoist herself up onto the top of the units to get a better angel on the guards.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Still outraged - yes death was inevitable, but didn't the Emperor teach ... - Esther laces her hands together, to help give Mira a leg up onto the hab units. They didn't even know that this had anything to do with the bolter shells ...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Seeing the sisters attempt to help Mira steps up and attempts to climb.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

str:40
    climb
    (1d100)[17]
    ag: 31
    jump (should it be needed)
    (1d100)[95]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arbites Precinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    :Arbites' Precinct:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyson snapped off a salute to the Sergeant. "Private Renquist, sah!" he indicated Ravina with a sweep of his hand. "I'm here on orders from Inquisition." again, nodding in the direction of his 'associate' the psyker. "We're investigating a Mr..." he fumbled for the answer, he should know this. It was pertinent to the case "...Turket Regg, and his holdings. Specifically, the Bolt-Factory. We have reason to believe that either, he, or his workers are involved in not-so-legal dealings. I'd like to requisition all the information you have - if any - on the man and his known associates."

He paused as the Sergeant took in the information "In the interest of co-operation between the Inquisition and the ever-vigilant Arbites, I thought it wise to come and report that I, and my associates, may encounter resistance. I am here to put in a requisition for assistance and extra man-power. If that isn't possible, I politely report that if a call comes in about hostility in the area, it is my associates and I, and we are sanctioned, as such, by His Emperor's Most Holy Inquisition. Now, if I may see your Quartermaster, I'd like to see what I can do about requisitioning extra armaments."

:Other Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm an Arbiter without a Shock Maul, and that's why I deserve one for free.
    Still, I'd like to buy/requisition a Riot Shield (a regular shield ) and a Flak Helmet. Should run 50 Thrones - before Barter (out of my 52)
    ...Barter isn't a Trained Skill for me
    ...WOW. Barter is never a Trained Skill for the Arbitrator class.

Barter (42/2 = 21): [roll0] ...Fail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Sergeant's polite smile quickly fades and he urges you to hush. "Not here!" He hisses. "We'll talk in my office." He leads you up the stairs and through a few corridors to a door marked Sergeant Herring. He opens the doors and usher's you inside. "It's not wise to talk of such things in public places, words meet the wrong ears, if you catch my meaning." He sits down at his desk. His office is fairly small and is comprised of a desk and, lucky for you, 3 chairs, 1 of which is behind the desk with the Sergeant sitting in it and the other two are in front of the desk. Apart from the desk and chairs there is a data terminal and filling cabinet. He offers you a seat and continues: "Yes, we've had a few reports of strange occurances about that Factory. The nature of such occurances meant we didn't want to take any chances, so we called the Inquisition. Tell me, are you the only agents they sent?" He asks, somewhat surprised. "Anyway, about the man in question...." He says, standing up and heading over to the cabinet. He opens it and searchs it's contents. Finding what he was looking for, he takes the file out and closes the cabinet. He sits back down, places the file on the desk, opens it and reads it's contents. "Turket Regg, rightful owner of Bolter Manufactorum 21A. Socially reclusive, his immediate family were killed in a war as they evacuated. It says here that they were placed on different shuttles and his family's shuttle became lost to the warp. He was moved to this planet and has since settled down and founded the Factory. He has no recorded wife or children. The file mentions that he is quite the loner and often spends entire weeks at the Factory, sending his guards to obtain food and supplies for him. He's apparently hired a scrap metal merchant to supply him with the materials needed for the Shells and privately sells some of the Shells. Most of his Shells are actually collected offically as part of the Planetary Tithe. This amount usually comes to about 2000 Shells per year. Shells are produced by the Factory and then go on to be blessed and verified by a Machine Cult shrine two levels above the Factory level. They are then shipped to the buyer. And that's about it." He offers you the file to read over. It contains the same information read by the Sergeant as well as a picture of Turket Regg.

At the mention of Arbites assistance, the Sergeant shakes his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't spare any men at the present time. I will heed your words though. Tell the Quartermaster I sent you, he should be able to give you something." With that, the Sergeant finishes and stands from his chair. He throws a salute and says: "Good luck and may the Emperor guide your judgement."

With that done, you head to the Arbites Armory. A guard stops you at the entrance, but the quick wave of your ID sees you though. The Armory is a dimly lit, steel room with a giant wall across the entire width of the room. In the centre of this wall is a plane of what you know to be Armorglas. On the other side of the glas sits a Arbites and behind him you can see an array of armour and weapons. You approach the glas and speak through the vox caster, stating that the Sergeant sent you. "Ah, the Sarge sent ya, did he? Yeah, I heard sum one was comin' for free stuff, so here ya go." A door opens just below the plane of glas and inside is a Shock Maul (yes, it's free, it's normal quality). You ask about buying a helmet and shield. The Arbites thinks for a moment. "50 thrones and a packet of Lho-Sticks and they're yours." He says. "Put 'em in the hatch." He motions to the door below the glas.

(If you want the shield and helmet, it will cost you 50 thrones and your packet of Lho-Sticks. The shield and helmet are of normal quality.)
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-24 at 08:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Prescient
    Spoiler
    Show
    The unnamed, dirty looking Psyker slowly speaks, before they leave the sargent, her words coming quietly and carefully

Excuse me, Sargent. Have you ever met this man, Regg, personally? As opposed to only seeing his picture in reports?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    Mira

Seeing the sisters attempt to help Mira steps up and attempts to climb.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

str:40
    climb
    [roll0]
    ag: 31
    jump (should it be needed)
    [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the help of Esther, you make a jump to get onto the roof of a hab. You slip, but you manage to grab hold of a piece of sheet steel. You haul yourself on top of the hab and try to get a better look at the warehouse.

Arbites Precinct
    Prescient
    Spoiler
    Show
    The unnamed, dirty looking Psyker slowly speaks, before they leave the sargent, her words coming quietly and carefully

Excuse me, Sargent. Have you ever met this man, Regg, personally? As opposed to only seeing his picture in reports?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I've not met him personally, no. I'm usually confined to my desk with paper work or patrolling the mid-hive." Replies the Sergeant. You can tell he talks a little differently to you than he does to Tyson, but the difference is subtle. This is probably because Tyson is a member of the Arbites also and the Sergeant seems him as a collegue.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-24 at 08:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira
    Spoiler
    Show

She climbs slowly along the roof of the hab unit making as little noise as possible and keeping low to the roof. As she creeps forward she adjusts her helmet setting it slightly farther back on her head and spits another glob of sap onto the roof which makes a low hiss. She creeps as close to the edge as she can get and peers over to see if she can get a covert look as well as a covert angel on the guards.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

Silent Move
    (1d100)[29]
    awareness to try and spot a better approach to the warehouse and any other suspicious things. also what are the guards wearing
    (1d100)[28]

Last edited by crazedloon; 2009-01-24 at 08:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Tyson gives the file a once-over. There was no hard evidence of heresy. Corruption, maybe. But, that was something the Arbites would deal with. Certainly, if heresy was involved, the local Arbites wouldn't be equipped to deal with it. Presumably, heresy was suspected, and that's why the Inquisition was called for.

Tyson handed the file to his associate, the pysker. "Yes. There are more us, Sergeant. But, I thought it wise for only my...Friend and I to come here. As more of us would attract suspicion. And, as you've already implied; You don't want that. The rest of our team should be waiting at the factory, if they haven't already managed to find a way inside. Waiting for my say-so. Perhaps even without it. Some of my brethren believe that because we're Inquisition, we can do what we like. I don't believe that. As I've worked with the Arbites before. Politeness is the key to a good relationship." With that said, Renquist gives another salute. "When we finish this, I'll see to it that this station gets some sort of...Compensation, for your help."

Down at the armoury, Tyson trades his 'smokes' for the equipment. Presumably the Quartermaster was 'messing' with Tyson, as Renquist wasn't part of the precinct. Tyson opened the pack, and took out one. "I'm keeping one!" and then slid the pack in the small opening in the armourglass. Along with fifty thrones for the equipment. Paying his own wages for standard-issue equipment? That was almost robbery. But, again, Tyson wasn't part of this precinct, and, by rights, shouldn't even be allowed down here. Still, Tyson appreciated what he could get. He'd remember Sergeant Herring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Umm...Wow. I was actually kidding about the Shock Maul, since they come in at 150T/Scarce. I never expected I'd actually get one for quite a while (although an aced Inquiry-check would get me one pretty quick). I'll just pretend it's a reward or something for Roleplaying.
    Now I'm stuck between choosing Peer (Arbites) - I totally deserve it! - or MWP (Shock) for my first upgrade once I hit Rank 2.

...Editing my sheet now. -50 Thrones, -Lho Sticks. +Flak Helm, +Shield, +Shock Maul.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    (You're not skilled at Silent Move, so it's taken at half-stat base, which for you is 16 (rounding up), meaning you failed by 1 degree.)

You move across the steel roofs to try and get a better view of the area. The attempt works and you see that the warehouse appears to have another, smaller entrance on the left side, which is unguarded. The guards at the main entrance are about 50 metres away, armed with Stub Automatics and are wearing Gang Leathers. You believe that if you moved down the roofs of the habs, slightly going back the way you came and jump down onto the warehouse side, you could sneak around to the unguarded entrance. As you move around on the roofs, you step onto a rusted piece of steel, which makes a groaning sound under your foot. You quickly duck back and there a few murmurs from the guards, but they do not come to investigate.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-24 at 08:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arbites Precinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Tyson
    Down at the armoury, Tyson trades his 'smokes' for the equipment. Presumably the Quartermaster was 'messing' with Tyson, as Renquist wasn't part of the precinct. Tyson opened the pack, and took out one. "I'm keeping one!" and then slid the pack in the small opening in the armourglass. Along with fifty thrones for the equipment. Paying his own wages for standard-issue equipment? That was almost robbery. But, again, Tyson wasn't part of this precinct, and, by rights, shouldn't even be allowed down here. Still, Tyson appreciated what he could get. He'd remember Sergeant Herring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Umm...Wow. I was actually kidding about the Shock Maul, since they come in at 150T/Scarce. I never expected I'd actually get one for quite a while (although an aced Inquiry-check would get me one pretty quick). I'll just pretend it's a reward or something for Roleplaying.
    Now I'm stuck between choosing Peer (Arbites) - I totally deserve it! - or MWP (Shock) for my first upgrade once I hit Rank 2.

...Editing my sheet now. -50 Thrones, -Lho Sticks. +Flak Helm, +Shield, +Shock Maul.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The arbites grunts in agreement and takes the thrones and smokes. He then disappears into the back and comes back a minute later with the agreed shield and helmet. He places them in the hatch and the door opens again, allowing you to take your purchased items.

(Well, I couldn't decide between giving you Arbites help or a weapon. I chose weapon since they're easier to book-keep. Interesting, a shield is actually counted as a weapon, I didn't know that.)
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-24 at 09:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira crawls back across the roof to where she climbed up and whispers down to Esther.

Sister there seems to be a none guarded side house. We could attempt to sneak in there to find out more. The alternatives is you sneak in there and I distract the guards and anyone inside by using my position up her to kill the guards and anyone who exits the structure. Or we can go all out and try to enter through the main door.

Mira looks around worried about that metal plate.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Esther whispers back, cupping her hands around her mouth.

While we may have to attack some more of this lot, I'd say that subtlety would be a virtue here.

Esther peers round the corner, keeping very low, so as not to present her head at eye-level, where the guards would most likely be looking. A sign, some scrap to what the warehouse contained - anything. Promethium warehouses would be different from shipping containers would be different from daemonic engines.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollin' perception for looking to see if the warehouse's contents can be told from the outside, and if so, whether or not they are good for stealthan. (1d100)[81] awareness vs perception 41.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is impossible to tell what is inside the warehouse, or even what it used to hold. There are no distinctive markings on the building (besides the bullet holes) and there is nothing in the immediate area to suggest otherwise.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Arbites Precinct
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, fair enough.

Ravinia tried, one last time, to establish a link.

Just... was there anything else notable about the area of that bolter manufactorum? Increased gang activity, decreased gang activity, something interesting located around there... you know. That sort of thing?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Drawing herself quickly back round the corner, Esther whispers back to Mira.

We've got no idea what's in there. We'd be looking at at least ten gang members, and with no idea of cover.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2009-01-25 at 09:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arbites Precinct
    Arbites Precinct
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, fair enough.

Ravinia tried, one last time, to establish a link.

Just... was there anything else notable about the area of that bolter manufactorum? Increased gang activity, decreased gang activity, something interesting located around there... you know. That sort of thing?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "From our reports, gang activity has remained the same. There are rumors that there are catacombs underneath the area, but we can find no solid evidence to support this. Other than citizen's reports of strange lights, sounds and citizen disappearances near the Factory, there isn't anything else worthy of note." Replies the Sergeant. He then remembers something: "Ah, I almost forgot! A nearby sewage run-off lake has a pipe connected directly to the Factory. This isn't unusual, but it might be useful if you want to make a stealthy approach, that is, unless they have the area under watch. If you do decide to go through the pipe, there is a grating about half-way between the Factory and the lake, so make sure to bring something that will cut through it or something strong enough to wrench it from it's holdings."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Precinct

Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina tries to think of a way to thank the Sargent that wont scare him. THe best she can think of is to smile gently

Thank you, Sargent. That should prove a good starting place.

She heads off after Tyson, to the armory, resuming her vaguely "Witch-ey" pose
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arbites Precinct
    Precinct

Spoiler
    Show
    Ravina tries to think of a way to thank the Sargent that wont scare him. THe best she can think of is to smile gently

Thank you, Sargent. That should prove a good starting place.

She heads off after Tyson, to the armory, resuming her vaguely "Witch-ey" pose
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards let you pass with Tyson, still unsettled by your presense. The arbites in the Armory barely looks at you while addressing Tyson and trading.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira shifts her weight ever so slightly and adjusts her helmet as she looks down at her companion.

Well I have a good angle on them from up here and I should be able to take out one of the guards in one or shot. From there I can use my elevated position to pick of the guards as they exit the building. You could use that distraction as cover to enter the side building. If their fire gets to heavy for me I can retreat across the roof away from view and sneak in behind you. The other alternative is we sneak in without a distraction. I don't know which will be more dangerous in the long run however.

Mira glances around.

The choice of action is up to you.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silently walking behind everyone else, Wolfe manages his way to the factory. Once there he enters the factory and finds the quickest route possible to the lowest level of the factory.