New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky!

Tomoko

Tomoko looks down at Jinenji, basically from upside-down since his head is in her lap. "Are you all right, Jinenji-san?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kaede

Kaede was still deep in thought on how to dispose bodies, and missed Jinenji's awakening. "Oh, I know! Lime! I saw it in a crime drama."

In the six months since she'd found civilization, Kaede had discovered a love of soap operas and crime dramas that bordered on the fetishistic.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi breathed hard as the battle was over, but was about to go after the demon again when her mind got the best of her.

If Mikel was here, I'm sure he'd be furious at my siding with one of the underworld... But if was for a human life... No, that wouldn't matter.

She thought back to a conversation she had with Mikel once:

"...nonetheless, demons are nothing more than brutal monsters capable of destroying an entire human town or perhaps the whole human race. One day they might try and it will be us who will have to fight, the humans are much too weak and mere." He had said after a while of talking about the subject.

"But why can't the Holy One fight for his creations?" I had asked. "Or what if a demon was... good?"

"You expect the Lord to actually fight? He created demons as well, did he not?" Mikel had said loud but softened his voice and stroked my cheek. "My sweet Yoshiko, there is no such thing as a good demon. They are all evil and filth."

"But..." I looked down and cleared my throat. "What if the demon was somehow helping. Where we don't know how or why, but it is helping people?"

"Silence." He had leaned in closer. "It will never happen, and you need not think such dangerous thoughts. Trust in God and you will know..."

The sound of Chiyo's voice knocked her out of her memory and she looked up in time to see Chiyo walking away and then teleport out of the scene. Yoshi walked over to Jinenji and the other girls, and stood there awkwardly, her thoughts still thousands of miles away in a place unlike heaven called Heaven.
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

"Oh, I know! Lime! I saw it in a crime drama."

Being her typical near emotionless self, Yue didn't sigh or rub her temples in frustration. Instead she said, "How are you going to get that much lime? And wouldn't the police be suspicious of you wanting that much lime in the first place?"

Yue continued. "Look, we have a big advantage here; no one is going to report these people as missing, no on here on Earth, anyway. The police won't be looking for bodies, so we should dispose of them in a way which does not involve lots of smoke or materials that might attract attention."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-02-22 at 07:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko

Tomoko looks at Jinenji. "Makota got away and a small contingent of the imperial army wanted to take you to Minerva for treason... we killed them all." She brushed her fingers over Jinenji's cheek. "But are you all right?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #216

"You killed...?" Jinenji said, looking confused, before glancing around. "I... oh god..." He said to himself, standing up woobly and running. "This... isn't... gah!"

"It is a very prickly situation. I'd hoped to avoid it... Jinenji." You all heard the unmistakable voice of Inazuma, Jinenji's Grandfather. He was walking up the path with a young girl. "It looks like all of you have been busy. Tomoko, would you be a dear and put on some tea? I think its time for a story."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko

Tomoko bows, "Yes, Inazuma-sama." She immediately goes to the kitchen (taking her trunk with her) and brews up some tea.

Skill: (1d6x3)[18]
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-22 at 10:24 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Yue turned to regard Inazuma. "I look forward to hearing this story. I'm very interested in how Jinenji-san has gotten mixed up in the affairs of a planet that, so far as I know, he has no connection to."

9. - Top - End - #219

Kaede

It seemed obvious to Kaede that Grandfather was about to reveal to them some terrible secret he had kept hidden from his grandson all these years that would explain all this. Perhaps his wife - Jinenji's grandmother - had been an alien princess he had spirited away and brought back to live with him in secrecy on Earth. Perhaps he was actually Jinenji's father. Or he had an evil twin brother that looked nothing like him who was actually the Imperial commander had finally found him after he had faked his death in a tragic ski-boating accident. Or maybe Jinenji was a prophecied hero, destined to take his place amongst the stars. Or even better, maybe all of them at once.

Yes, soap operas had taught her a lot about how the real world worked.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2009-02-22 at 11:31 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi shied away from the grandfather and the others, sighed, and went back inside with a smile and nod at them all to be polite. She made her way up the stairs and went into her room, locking the door softly behind her. Staring at the wall, her hand fumbled with the drawer on her bedside table.

She slipped the razor out and finally looked away from the wall down to the small blade in her hand. It gleamed a shiny smile back. Yoshi bit her lip and sat on the bed.

Mikel... Chiyo... Jinenji... They all went through her mind as she ran the razor up and down her arms adding just enough pressure to break the skin and sting. It never hurt her, only stung. It felt good.

When she was finished with the task, she started down the hallway to the bathroom, feeling dirty after the fight. Dirty was bad. Everything should be clean and organize. Clean, clean, clean.

Feeling a little better at the moment, she went down to the bathroom, wrists still bleeding, and hoped that no one else was planning on getting a shower.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hagi Katsumei

During Inazuma's entrance, and also his introduction to the residents of the mansion, Katsumei always stayed half a pace to the left and one pace behind him, her face calmly composed, a long, staff-like object slung over her back, and a relatively large suitcase in one of her hands. Her head was covered by a wide brimmed straw hat, shrouding her pale, almost sculpted looking face in deep shade, and the rest of her body is covered by a long Kimono and silk gloves over her hands.
    When one of the maids led the party towards the house, going ahead to brew tea, she started unobtrusively following Inazuma, but then waited, maybe for a fraction of a second, near the lying Jinenji, seeing if any of the others would help him up - and who that would be, if it happened.

"I may not have found opportunity to introduce myself without interrupting Inazuma-sama" she thought to herself "But there's no reason why I shouldn't indicate my presence". Katsumei broke out into an inscrutable smile.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (20/20) (16)

Tomoko works quickly to brew the best tea she can (yay 18), and then cleans and arranges the dining area so there are seats for everyone. She worries about Jinenji, though... he look so shaken when he stood up, and she hated having to leave him in that state, though it was important to follow Izanuma-san's orders. She looked around, and decided to spruce the place up, put some subtle decorations to calm everyone... it wasn't a traditional Cha-no-yu, but she was sure everyone could do with a little more harmony. She also worked to forget what was waiting for her upstairs... what she would have to deal with... eventually.

(Creating a place of Harmony for Story Telling) Affection: (1d6x4)[4]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #223

Inazuma eventually gathered up Jinenji and most of the other girls to the table. "Girls, this is Hagi Katsumei, a girl of usual talent. I met her when I was beset upon by Imperial Troops of my own, and she assisted me in that battle. She had no where to go, so I asked her to stay with us." He introduced the new girl, with a nod before moving inside.

Inazuma sat at the head of the small traditional Japanese table and took a small sip of his tea before setting back down. He waited until all the Maids were assembled. "Thank you, Tomoko. This spread is lovely, as usual." The older Gentleman remarked, with a small smile. "Jinenji, my boy, are you okay?"

"People just tried to kill me, Grandpa, how do you think..." He responded, his head in his hands.

"Arms off the table, my boy. I have a story to tell. One... I had hoped never to speak. Where is Yoshiko?" Inazuma the Lightning asked, stroking his chin. "Could someone go and retrieve the ones that aren't here? I only want to tell this once." The Lightning continued, sliding his hand over the warm surface of the cup. "You girls did very well against those Imperial Troopers. We'll take care of them soon enough. But I'm proud of each of you." He said with a kindly smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    All of you gain 10 Favor, except Tomoko and Hagi.
    Tomoko gets 12 Favor, for the Tea as well.
    Hagi gets 7 Favor.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-23 at 09:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Yue used her ethereal nature to walk through the manor in the most direct manner possible, looking for Yoshiko.

When she found her, she said, "Kindly find Ms. Roboto and come to the kitchen with her. " Before Yoshiko could reply, Yue phased through the floor and back to the kitchen.

"They should be along momentarily."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (20/20) (8)

Tomoko doesn't say anything to the newcomer, she keeps her eyes down, and while waiting for the others prepares something quickly in the kitchen. She brings her offering out for Inazuma and sets it before him. "I remembered you liked quail's eggs, Inazuma-sama... and you missed breakfast. Can I get something for your friend?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

If Yue were a normal person, she would have glared at Tomoko. But because she was Yue, she just gave her a blank look. It seems every time I turn around, she's trying to serve food to someone. How annoying.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Just getting the blood to stop, Yue walked into the shower and startled Yoshi. Before Yoshi could reply, the ghost was gone. Yoshi wrapped herself in a towel and walked to Chiyo's room.

She knocked on the door.

"Chiyo? Are you okay?" Yoshi sounded worried. "Jinenji's grandfather would like for us to accompany the rest downstairs. I'll go get dressed first though."

Yoshi went to her room and dressed in her maid outfit again, then walked back to Chiyo's bedroom door.
    Last edited by DaburaMiyao; 2009-02-24 at 12:36 AM.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan's lifeless body

Chiyo can't answer because she is shut down.

If Yoshiko comes into the room, she will see Chiyo laying on the ground with the bunny and picture mentioned earlier. She will also see Chiyo's finger near her eye which hopefully will give her a clue as to how to turn her back on.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Katarina (9/30)

"How did your family become involved with the Minervans? And how, exactly, do you plan to 'take care of them'?"
    Katarina asks.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

20. - Top - End - #230

Kaede

Kaede preened a bit at Inazuma's praise. It felt good to be useful.

She turns to Katsumei. "Oh, and please be welcome in the young master's home. Are you going to be employed by Grandfather as well?" She was a bit conflicted on that point; what if the new girl was interested in Jineji, too? But on the other hand, it sounded like she had proven herself above reproach to Inazuma, and it wasn't her place to question.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi waited by the door a second longer before coming in. She paused in the doorway, her eyes wide as she stared at Chiyo's body. Panic started to rise up and she found herself next to Chiyo before she knew what was going on. Then it hit her, Chiyo is a robot. There has to be someway to... turn her on...?

Her eyes went from the cord in the wall to Chiyo's body, her finger, her eye...

She looked at Chiyo's finger near her eye and gulped. Yoshi didn't want to push on someone's eye in case that wouldn't work or it'd be gross, but if it was for Chiyo she'd do anything. She reached down and noticed the picture. Hesitating, she picked it up and looked at it for a second or two.

It must've been great to have a family... But awful to have them treat her like that after they were the ones to do this to her. Still... She has a memory of a life.

"Chiyo?"
    Yoshi realized she was still standing there and poked her in the eye shakily.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

22. - Top - End - #232

"Thank you, Yue. I remember you from a while back- you weren't summoned here. The ghost of you simply remained here..." Inazuma said, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Jinenji's abilities stretch further then I imagined... oh, of course, Tomoko. Thank you. I am quite famished from my long journey." The older gentlemen said, taking a small bite.

"Katarina-san, I plan to take care of those bodies after I've had a good rest. But Minerva is the crux of my story, and we must await the others. Katsumei, would you like some food. Please make yourself at home." He continued, casting a glance over at the pale young girl.

"Grandfather, why did these people attack us? What is Minerva?"
    Jinenji asked.

"All in good time, my boy."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

Chiyo sits up suddenly. She looks around and spots Yoshiko.

"What are you doing here? Why would you want to be here with me? I am so confused."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Yue stared at Inazumi with her typical lack of emoting. "Are you implying that Jinenji is responsible for my current existence in this state?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi was taken aback by Chiyo's response to being woke up, and took a step back, confusion showing over her face.

"I-I'm sorry if I did something wrong, Chiyo..." She said carefully. "Why wouldn't I want to be around you?" She tilted her head.

She cleared her throat. As she put her hand to her mouth, her sleeve slid down her arm a little, revealing fresh scars. She pulled in back up as quick as she could and hoped Chiyo didn't see that.

"Um, Jinenji's grandfather would like for us to come downstairs. I believe they are waiting for us."
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

Chiyo's voice sounds confused.

"You have been acting so weird since...earlier. I thought you were regretting things. I just can't live with you regretting me. I have never done anything like that before. I guess I am still very immature."

Chiyo grabs Yoshiko's arm and pulls up the sleeve.

"It looks like something is wrong. Why did you do this? Was it me? I love you so much Yoshi-chan, please don't do this anymore."

Chiyo hugs Yoshi.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

"I'm sorry, I just have a lot of my mind..." Chiyo grabbed Yoshi's arm and Yoshi flinched but let Chiyo take a look at her arm.

"I don't know. It's a habit." She started out the room. "We really need to get downstairs."
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

Chiyo changes her mask to a mask with abstract images on it. It is her confusion mask.

"Ok I am coming."

Chiyo holds Yoshi's hand.

I am not totally satisfied with that conversation, but I guess we will have time to talk later. I wish I knew what she was thinking.

29. - Top - End - #239

"Perhaps, Yue. I'm no expert." Inazuma said, leaning back. "Chyio, Yoshiko, nice of you to join us." The Grandfather said, with a small laugh. He waited for everyone to be seated and took another sip of tea.

"So, Grandfather, tell us!" Jinenji said, tired of waiting.

"Well... Jinenji, the first thing is say may be the hardest." The Older Man looked downcast. "I'm not your Grandfather." Inazuma said, rubbing his eyes and looking very old all of a sudden. Jinenji looked stricken, but said nothing. "I am the oldest and most prized Butler of the Minerva Royal Family. Inazuma the Lightning, former leader of the Imperial Troops myself, at one time."

"But but..."

"Yes... that means that your parents were the former King and Queen of Minerva, and I was their Butler."

"You said my parents died in a car accident! Remember, Tomoko? They could still be alive?" Jinenji asked, his eyes full of tears.

"No... Jinenji, when you were very young there was a Revolution. My apprentice in the Imperial Army before I retired and he himself became Commander of the Imperial Troopers was tired of the peaceful ways of Minerva... never getting to utilize the power of the army. Haka Dynashi, Haka the Flame, led his forces against the Crown and..." Inazuma stopped for a moment, seemingly tearing up. He rubbed his eyes before continuing. "Your parents asked me to take you and run far away, because as the only legitimate claim to the throne after your parents he would kill you as well. So I came here and decided to enjoy my retirement, confident Emperor Haka Dynashi would never come looking here. I was wrong. A few weeks ago my sensors picked up warships approaching. So, I left to investigate... and I believe Jinenji knows what happened next."

"I... I'm sorry Grandpa..."

"Say it, boy."

"I went into the basement..."

"Like I told you never to do. And you discovered the ship I traveled here in that I kept there. And you activated the distress signal." Inazuma paused to look at the girls, "You see, the Royal family has a natural... ability. A Gravitation that makes them nigh irrestiable. And it causes them to surround themselves with powerful people unconsciously, a kind of defense mechanism. Jinenji has been doing it his whole life, first with Tomoko, and then with Yue. How could it be coincidence to meet a Mad Scientist and a Demon Summoner?" He laughed to himself. "The Distress Signal amplifies that. Its why all of you girls are here. To protect Jinenji, that was its purpose. It brought the four most powerful people it could find here. And its no coincidence I met Katsumei either. And I suspect... its why Yue has sustained her existence even after death."

"This is... impossible..."

"No, Jinenji. Haka knows you are here now. He won't stop. Once he finds out that troop deployment didn't come back, its only a matter of time..." Inazuma said darkly, then smiled. "Questions?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

"No questions really, after everything else it seems small by comparison. I am ready to believe anything now. Besides I think I am correct in assuming that what you are saying that we need to help protect Jinenji. Well nothing stops the force that is super robot Chiyo-chan."

Chiyo poses.

"Oh by the way Jinenji I brought back that thing that was stolen from you. I worked really hard to get it back."

Chiyo presents the thing from her inside compartment.