1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 3

Man. This isn't going so well.

Oh well. Time to knuckle down, I guess.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night ends -

Tonight deserves two kill scenes.

*Scene back, a few days ago*

She looked back at him.

My names Fiona. You want some company tonight?

My chest begins pounding. This goddess actually wanted to hang around with me. I wasn’t one to question providence, so I held out my elbow and we walked. We headed back to Lucky’s to down a few. She tells me of her life, and I tell her of mine. The rise, the fall, the pain, the surviving. As the night passes on, we head to a hotel just a little ways out of the city. She must have taken pity on me, cause it’s the best night I’ve had in a long time. Fiona doesn’t hold back. Her hands move with hesitation across my scarred body. We fall asleep.

When I awaken, the bed is wet and cold. I glance over, and find the goddess still lying there. I smile for a moment, thinking how nice it is not to have her run away in terror. It lasts for only a few seconds, when I notice the color had drained from her face. Looking down, I notice the blood all over the bed. My pulse rises as my mind begins racing. Did I do this? When did I last take my medicine? But then I notice the smooth cut across her throat. There’s no way I could have done that, I’m not a man of precision or subtlety.

I hear sirens in the distance, coming. It’s a setup. I’ve been framed for murder, and the cops are in on it.

*knocks on door* Open up! You’re surrounded.

I’ll be right out.

I kick open the door, taking several cops with it. I run and grab one and jump over the balcony. He cushions the landing.

As I stand up, there’s a man in a black coat. I’ve seen him once before. He was with the northside gang.

That's one fine coat you're wearing

Ask yourself Goof, if that corpse is worth dying for.

I pull out gladys in a rage.

Worth dying for.
    *shoots him in the knee*
    Worth killing for
    *shoots him in the chest*
    Worth going to hell for
    *shoots him in the head*

Spoiler
    Show

I take the coat and I make my way out of the hotel. The cops are hot on my trail. But I lose them near the tart pits and head to Mickey’s gym. I run into an old friend, Zar Peter.

You look terrible.

I had to fight some cops.

Oh, that's lovely. You didn't happen to kill any of them, did you?

Nah, I don't think so, but they know they been in a fight, that's for sure. I've been framed for murder and the cops are in on it. But the real enemy, the scoundrel who killed the angel that was lying next to me, he's out there somewhere, out of sight, the big missing piece that'll give me the how and the why and a face and a name and a soul to send screaming into hell. I'll stare at him as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.

That’s too bad.

Hey – wha?

*Sound of pipe coming across the back of the head.*

I go unconscious.

I awake in a cell. I'm standing on my feet for about ten minutes before the cops kick them out from under me. They don't ask me any questions. They just keep knocking the crap out of me and waving a confession in my face. And I keep spitting blood all over it and laughing at how many fresh copies they come up with. Then along comes this worm assistant district attorney who turns the recorder off and says if I don't sign their confession, they'll kill my mom. I break his arm in three places and I sign it. It’s all kept quiet until the execution.

They strap me into the chair. They call it “Ole Sparky” I don’t give them the satisfaction of bringing in a priest.

Spoiler
    Show

Any last words?

Yeah, would you hurry it up? I haven't got all night

They flip the switch. I laugh……..

Spoiler
    Show
    Supagoof was abducted and killed by the Northside Gang. Supagoof was an Untouchable (Mason).
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-02-21 at 10:51 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hey, did they just dump a body over there?"

"Sure did. You go get the boss while I try to stop him. Hey! Hey you!"

"Who me?"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Yeah, you. No dropping bodies on our side of town. People might get the wrong idea or somthing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dallas Dakota was killed by the Northside Gang. Dallas Dakota was a Capone Mobster.

Night 3 Ends

Day 3 Begins! and ends in (thinks for a minute) about 60 hours.

(That should give time in case the forums go down and a new comic comes up.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

4. - Top - End - #244

Well that was an interesting night.

Kerfuffle arrives at Lucky's. He sits at the bar and grabs a paper. He shakes his head at the headlines. So many people dying lately. And they seem so random. Worst of all, the commissioner was gone. This did not bode well.

((Can't think of a way to work it into the RP, so I'm pointing at Tired N' Drowzy.))
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2009-02-20 at 01:35 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Celeste gets bored waiting on the guy at the bar to make up his mind about whether he wants to spend some time with her or not. She adjusts her thigh-highs in full view of the bar, each movement slow - deliberate. She speaks quietly with Lucky, who tells her about a guy who caused trouble at another bar in town, some guy named Helgraf. With a name like that, who's surprised? She spots the guy who stiffed her before and decides to have a word with him. She sits next to Kerfuffle Mach and grabs the top of his paper, tearing it from his hands. "You got a lotta nerve, ya know that?"
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2009-02-20 at 08:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

6. - Top - End - #246

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Day 4

Tired N'Drowzy.

On that note, I'm going to be away until Sunday!
    silver

7. - Top - End - #247
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, I have to go with my own analysis, but I'm not too keen on how fast this Tired n Drowzy bandwagon is going, so just to throw open another option, I point at Uncle Festy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

((Awesome, Andre.))

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    She thinks on this for a moment. Steak needs to be properly marinated for it to be good. I learned a recipe from my grandma which makes good steaks, but it needs a full day to marinate.

We could have steaks tomorrow, as long as you cook them.
    Then it's agreed, Patrick says with a smile. And it's your choice of what to cook today.

((The Rogue Monk))
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2009-02-20 at 10:40 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

...Some things in this city just have trouble adding up... The man called Jontom Xire criticized a bandwagon for growing too quickly... A bandwagon of merely two votes... When only three had been made....

I knew him... Or at least, knew of him... Smart man, word on the street was... Clever... but this, it just seemed a bit disingenuous... Not like him... Almost... Suspicious...

In his Murders of the Rue Morgue, Poe pointed out that you need to look for exceptions, that they point you to the truth faster than rules, and this looked like a potential exception, glaring me right in the face. Pity I'd have to stick my neck on the line to make anything of it, though.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

10. - Top - End - #250
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Dirk Kris Sorry for the lack of rp, having a hard time getting into this character.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Well, I have to go with my own analysis, but I'm not too keen on how fast this Tired n Drowzy bandwagon is going, so just to throw open another option, I point at Uncle Festy.
    See Day 3. It seems to me that wolves are less likely to make stupid mistakes, like pushing a bandwagon, than are villagers; because villagers have very little to lose and often are only half paying attention.

Now I'm leaving, for real! But I can't until 1600.
    Last edited by TRM; 2009-02-20 at 12:40 PM.
    silver

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Is the first spoiler supposed to be empty?

My vote tomorrow, after I have a nice sleep after 16 hours of work
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Is the first spoiler supposed to be empty?

My vote tomorrow, after I have a nice sleep after 16 hours of work

(That was what Goof gave me - it works now though?)

14. - Top - End - #254

((Dirk Kris))

Someone was having an expensive joke at my expense. This was the first thought that managed to heave itself from the bubbling miasma of my subconscious as my eyes opened slowly.

It was three nights now. The first night it was a scarf, and it had been tied to my leg and the bedpost in a room with an ugly blood spatter on the far wall.

The second night, it was a silk cord binding my wrists. This one had taken rather longer to undo without damaging - well, without damaging the cloth. Rubbed my skin raw working the damn thing over my mitts.

And tonight, I find my right wrist cuffed to a steel frame bed. However, whomever did this clearly meant it as some kind of statement and not a real restraint because she left me my piece and razor. I took a moment to wad up some of the bedsheets between the steel cuff and the back of my wrist, then picked up the piece. One solid shot blew through the locking mechanism and I felt the pressure through the cloth against my wrist as that force was channeled through the otherwise unyielding steel. I undid the remains of the cuff, tucked away my piece and my effects.

Someone was trying to send me a message...

... it was time to find out who.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

15. - Top - End - #255

The sandwiche business was doing well. Things were going okay. Sure, there was a new resturant across the street, but things were still doing okay.
    ((Dirk Kris, random, because I can't think of a reason)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

[COLOR="Red"]Lord Rod[/COLOR], opening up a new restaurant. Probably working with the Capone mob. It isn't enough that they're killing people, they got to compete for business as well? The new guy was right, things were still going okay, but they could easily get worse.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-02-22 at 10:19 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Supagoof was abducted and killed by the Northside Gang. Supagoof was an Untouchable (Mason).
    Oh hey, I was right.

Awesome.

ThePhantom for random bandwagon jumping.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, I was right.

Awesome.
    Perhaps you knew something we didn't ey? Um. Nah. Probably better not to make predictions if you already know the answer, in case you give something away in your manner.

I'm going to go for... Trixie.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

do you know something you're not telling us selrahc?

@ BR: We'll go out tonight and get the groceries on the way back.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Well of course I know something I'm not telling you. Everyone knows something they're not telling someone. In terms of pure necessity the world would be rendered into anarchy if everyone just spent their time spilling the contents of their brains over anyone they could find like some sort of mental sieve. On another note, deception and concealment even of personal details remain a vital part of human social interaction, so all in all I'd say the ideas of total indiscretion wouldn't work all too well.

As far as concealing anything pertinent, then I'd say not too much. This is a game where paranoia pays, so to reveal everything, even as an innocent is definitely against mine, and possibly everyone else's best interests. But what the hey, I'll give it a whirl.

As for why I said what I said a second ago, it is just a matter of my experience that people who make predictions and later have them vindicated have a higher than average probability of being wolves. On the other hand Darkcomet hasn't done anything particularly wolfworthy, and his decision to chuck it all in and then later change of mind implies a role of less social obligation than wolf or mason.

My point at Trixie was because I don't know her, but she seems a little off in her actions, so I would have liked seeing her reaction.

As for why I'm taking the time to write up a full post on this subject? I'm bored, and my computer is busy doing something so I can't boot up a videogame.

And that should be everything of relevance to the game. Satisfied?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

um.... i guess. I wasn't expecting such a post. xD

How to reply? hmmmmmm?

Want some cake?

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, cake would be good. It usually is.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

@ BR: We'll go out tonight and get the groceries on the way back.
    That sounds like a very good plan to me. Patrick smiles at Liriel. Shall we leave then, milady?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

know any good places?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I know of a few. Both respectable and...otherwise.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

then lead the way.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Tired N' Drowzy*

Cause I can never stop myself from tying up wagons.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Dang, I was just getting me some time for this game and starting some RP with Faerie.

Oh well, RP in the next Mafia?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    My point at Trixie was because I don't know her, but she seems a little off in her actions, so I would have liked seeing her reaction.
    Um, maybe I seem off because my usual style of playing had me lynched twice, and I would like to see the end of the game, for once, even as a weakest role*?

So, Selrahc, for baseless accusations.

*Unless the wolves kill me, but then, I'd absorb one night kill protecting the more important people.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

then lead the way.
    O'Connell smiles and reaches to gently take Liriel's arm in his before leading her out with a song in his heart.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew