New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grave Robbers 2: Skippy's Revenge - Game Thread

Helgraf, yeth I think that'th a good choice
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Inny, Minny, Minny, Moe? Is that how it goes, Dragoon?"
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

3. - Top - End - #273

"Well, today is an easy day for my picking, Helgraf, and yeah for being the last extra. I'm so getting a better role next film." The actor mutters, at least he survived, so far.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

And that’s a wrap!

Helgraf crouched behind the makeshift fort he’d constructed of miscellaneous set pieces. They’re not going to take me easily, he muttered.

But you’ve made it so easy, Mustiado observed. You’ve painted a target on your back and now have provided us with the means to destroy you… Some of that stuff you’re hiding behind looks pretty heavy to me.

Helgraf backed away from the piled furniture, lighting, boxes, even the provided snacks for the cast.

He slid into the shadows behind him, counting on the impending darkness to hide him.

Come out, come out, wherever you are. SweetLikeLemons called. You can’t hide in there forever.

Helgraf bit back his retort. His gaze slid over the rest of the cast as they came ever closer. His spine stiffened as a thought crossed his mind. What am I doing? Why am I hiding from them? I’m stronger and faster. I might not survive, but I’m not going out with my tail between my legs like a coward.

He nimbly climbed the wall behind him and then used the rafters to cross the ceiling so that he was better positioned behind them.

PhantomFox saw movement behind them and whipped around. How’d you do that?! You were just over there.

Helgraf smiled smugly, I’m a freakin’ demon. How do you think I did it? Give it up.

Take a look around you, Alpha. You’re outnumbered. You’ve been outed. And you can’t escape, Shishnarfne pointed out.

Oh, yeah? Says who?

WHACK! A golf club came down hard on Helgraf’s head. Zar Peter held the club triumphantly and grinned innocently. Take that! He then giggled to himself and meandered off, not particularly interested in what happened next. It was nothing more than a moment’s amusement to him.

The rest of the cast wasted no time. They weren’t going to let him slip through their fingers, not when they were this close.

The Cast emerges unscathed... well, what's left on them anyway! The Cast has won! Thus Escape Eternity: A Tale of Terror (the true story of a Carnivorous Ocean Abomination) ends like all other games of Grave Robbers from Outer Space...

ROLL THE CREDITS!

Escape Eternity: A Tale of Terror (the true story of a Carnivorous Ocean Abomination)

A Meyers Family Production

Director: LadyMeyers
    Assistant Director: Darkcomet
    Legal Advisor: Cristo Meyers

Funded by: Way Too Much Free Time, Inc.
    Stunts by: It Won't Hurt a Bit Corporation
    Catered by: Taste Just Like Chicken, LLC
    Costumes by: Are You Kidding Me! Clothes
    Makeup by: Crazy Freaking Clown Makeup
    Set design and Props by: Jigsaw Set Design
    Score by: Funhouse Music

The Cast

LadyMeyers as The Director, Matthew, and Clara the New Intern

The Creatures

Helgraf as Skippy the Undead Wonder Dog
    happyturtle as the Grave Robber from Outer Space
    Shadowcaller as the Cthulhu Culist

Creatures

Dirk Kris
    Mordokai
    Selrahc

The Villagers

PhantomFox as the Reporter
    iceddragons as the Spoiled Little Rich Girl
    SweetLikeLemons as the Medical Student
    Griever as the Survivalist

Masons

deathslayer7 as the Prom Queen
    Mustiado as the Baby Sitter
    Philistine as the Parapsychologist
    Shishnarfne as the Park Ranger
    Uncle Festy as the Good-Looking Handyman
    Zaragon as the Store Clerk

Extras

Aemoh
    androgial
    dallas-dakota
    Doseki
    dragonprime
    Dragoon
    Emperor Demonking
    Fin
    Jontom Xire
    TwoBitWriter
    Vampiric
    Wolfbane

The Others

Banjo1985 as Mortician
    Murska as the Well-Intentioned Scientist
    Zar Peter as the Hunchback Assistant

Special Thanks To:

The gang at the Johnson City Meetup for the idea

and

You for signing up to play

No animals were harmed in the making of this film...except for those that were, but our on-staff necromancer was able to raise them.

Grave Robbers 2: Escape Eternity: A Tale of Terror (the true story of a Carnivorous Ocean Abomination) (c)2009 by Meyers Family Productions
    Co-author of the Criminal Elements urban fantasy series by Cris and Clare Meyers. Playing with Fire and Fly by Night are out now, and Shifting Identities is coming later this year.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

*goes headdesking for about an hour*

Instincts my man... someday you'll learn to trust those. Someday...

Congratulations to the villagers. Now if you'll excuse me, I need an aspirin. And a shot of something strong.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #276

Woohoo!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*touches body*

I survived! woot!
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

*goes off to wipe PM box of GR2, SEU, and Mafia stuff*

So much ending for me lately.

EDIT: My PM box is... Not on the verge of filling. For the first time in ages.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2009-03-12 at 09:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #279

See, told you I'm a villager. *Looks at final scene* Why wasn't I... oh right extra, duh.

The narration was great, thank you both for the great game.

*Sees that he pointed twice at medical student* Sorry about that, explains people's worried about me.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

10. - Top - End - #280

Yeah, well now that it's over, I'd still like to know why on earth voiding the Alpha stops the night kill. That's ludicrious.

The only reason the game didn't grind to a complete halt right then is because we were lucky enough to get a "Goo" card so we could melt the voider and keep killing people.

Otherwise, it would have been lockdown from day 3 onward and about as boring a game of werewolf as can be imagined.

Our beast letting himself get autolynched didn't do our side any favours either - your ability only works when they lynch you!

*grumbles*
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2009-03-13 at 02:19 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Well I was pretty annoyed about the fact that I only came to know of that ability AFTER I was dead.

If I had known, I'd have guessed that when I voided Helgraf I found the Alpha, and I'd have contacted them to strike a deal.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post

Our beast letting himself get autolynched didn't do our side any favours either - your ability only works when they lynch you!

*grumbles*
    Griever killed him. Selrahc, a normal creature, is the one who got auto'd.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

The voider shouldn't have been able to void the night kill unless Helgraf was the only creature left. Giving one player the ability to neutralize an entire team is game-breaking and not fun.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #284

Yeah, what Happy said. When we saw what had happened and then LOST a teammate because of it, we all kinda looked at each other and shrugged and went, "Well, we're screwed."

But, great narrations, terrific fun to read, even though I was killed off early.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe, I have to say I was the luckiest seer EVAR.

Night 1: Scry Griever since Griever ALWAYS has a role. Found the Sniper, which I knew couldn't be the Alpha, and who confirmed my seerdom. Griever asked Mustiado if he was a mason (the only role Mustiado will willingly admit to apparently) and was right!

Night 2: Scry Mustiado to confirm his mason-ness. Iceddragons scried me and contacted me. Figured that would be too risky a ploy for the Devil, as it could be blown very easily, so I trust him and inform him he's the fool.

Night 3: Scry JX. The masons want proof that Griever's the sniper, and I have to hold Griever back from killing Jontom Xire, which he was foaming at the mouth to do, so I scried him instead. We agree to test it out on Happyturtle, since she's been rather quiet after previously telling one of us that she'd was going to try and be a better leader. Worth a shot, and it paid of in spades!

Night 4: Scry Shadowcaller. We had some suspicions about him, and this guess paid off again! About this time, Mustiado gave me the full mason list, as only a stupid wolf would pose as the seer and get his own Devil killed.

Night 5: Scry SLL: SLL had contacted Mustiado claiming to be the baner that day, so this was simple confirmation.

Night 6: Scry Mordokai: Starting to run out of suspects, and this one paid off. We sniped SC this night so as not to trigger his ability.

From here on out, we pretty much had the game locked, and were trying to find the Alpha so as to end it. A couple of misses finding him, but we got it eventually. The rest of my scries were confirming things I already knew.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah... They *very* nearly killed you one night, PF. Helgraf's opinion overrided that of the one that wanted to kill you, though, so you lucked out.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll state this right now. I believe this game could do with more extras(villagers). That has been somewhat of a pet peeve of mine even in first game, and the creatures trumped that one. It became even more prominent this time, especially with quite a lot of extras getting autoed. It becomes excruciatelly hard for alpha to hide under circumstances like this. When villagers can just start lynching unknown villagers and know they'll run out of them and find alpha before the game is lost for them, then you know wolves are in for hard time. I knew that happened the first time a wagon against me started. At that time, the game just became a hunt for power roles. Get as many of them as you can before they get you. Lets say I had mediocre success.

I'd say cut down the neutrals to only one and make sniper a villager as well. For masons... not really sure there. Cutting their number down would help, but you can't have too little of those. And yet, I believe Andre has been running last Mafias with as little as three masons. Or maybe I was hallucinating? Maybe cut down masons and don't give wolves a beast?

The bottom line is, I really think we need more plain villager roles and less power roles. Overall, it would be easier on the narrators and it would make a game more thrilling and complicated. For both sides, villagers and wolves.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.