New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WFRP (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay), new thread, re-recruiting

The wolf dodges the hammer, is missed by the bullet and runs off into the distance with the necklace. Stephan Shaw shakes your hand in thanks. He hands over 200 crowns but as you regrettably failed to eliminate the leader of the dogs he can't give you the extra 150.

...more scared of the living...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann thanks him then says which way did he go? maybe we can still catch him?
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

The noble tells you he has probably gone to the grave site of the gypsies but he flatly refuses to divulge any further.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Klid d'Mur goes there and blasts the brains from the lupine's head. It crumples and he burns the remains along with the amulet. The villagers allow you to go on your way north unimpeded.

A Halfling on a pony, armed with a sling, traipses along the road going the same way as Tilmann. Also there, but not seemingly on a related journey, is another Halfling carrying a sack.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann gives them both a polite nod and does the sign of the twin tailed comet may sigmar be with you, halflings tilmann gives a short bow, and continues i am tilmann, priest of sigmar, incase you couldnt tell by the robe and the huge ornamental 2 handed warhammer with the twin tailed comet on it...
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Talyn looks across sharply. His small stature disipating whatever threatening manner he tried to bring across.

"Sigmar, eh? What's 'e ever done for me? Last I 'eard 'e was deader 'n my uncle Holey. Now, there's a story, got a hold of one of them 'rifles'-" Talyn twisted his face, at the word 'rifle', something that wasn't at all familiar to most Halflings, and that meant that Halflings should stay away from them "Now, ol' Uncle Holey, 'e wanted to figgur 'ow it worked, y'see? So, what 'e does, right, is he sticks his eye over the barrel-" Talyn made a circle with his index finger and thumb, and put it up to his eye. "Stupid. Didn't look like any barrel I ever saw. Now, Pie Week, last year. That was a barrel, we invited a few dwarves around, and they brought a keg o' their ale. That knocked us out for a few hours. And this other time, my Uncle Holey got so drunk he wanted to figure out how one of those 'rifles' worked..." again, twisting his face at the word 'rifle'. Halflings shouldn't have anything to do with that.

"He looked down the barrel, pulled the trigger and blew 'is 'ead clean off. And that's why we call him Holey, 'e's got a hole in 'is head. Geddit?" Talyn chuckled to himself.
    Speaking of heads coming off, have I told about the time my great-great granduncle Raddy bit the heads off bats. Said it warded off Vampires and the like...Except, one time, he ate a bat, and the next day. BAM!" Talyn clapped his hands together. "He's a Vampire, and we've got you human lot coming into town saying things like 'cut 'is 'ead off!' And then we set 'im on fire, and buried 'im inna hole. Say, did I tell you about my Uncle Holey?" seeing the stern looks from the bigfolk, Talyn frowned. They never like a good story. "You talk to much." Wah wah wah.

"Anyway, that's what I do, see? I hunt the dead. Or, the dead that come back to life - we got lots'a them in the Moot, y'see. All dirt and 'rargh'...Tryin' to eat our brains - brains don't taste any good...My ma' had a cow once, she got old and me put 'er 'ead in with a hammer. The cow, not my Ma." Talyn chuckled at another joke, only funny to him.

"Although my Da' said he couldn't tell the difference between 'em. E'cept I could, 'cause Ma could cook, and we had this cow once, and we had to put it's head it with a hammer. Ma' said not to let any of the good stuff go to waste, so we ate the brains, and they were yuck. Talyn squeezed his face and stuck his tongue out.

"And ZOMBIES, they eat brains. You know zombies, right? See, the dead walking, that don't make any sense, so we got'sta put 'em back in the ground. Otherwise who knows? Hey, you've got a Sigmar Hammer, right? You'd know all about vampires and other dead stuff, right? Except...Sigmar. Phah-" Talyn spat on the ground "What's 'e ever done fer me? Last I 'eard 'e was dead. Right? Talyn cocked his head sideways at the priest, Tilmann.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry i was making a reply the other day when the forums closed on me

tilmann simply looks at the halfling in stunned silence for a while.... what has sigmar ever done for us?! you are part of the empire are you not? therefore that is something sigmar has done for you, without him there wouldnt be an empire, he faught of hordes of chaos just so that we could live in the empire as safly as possible, without skaven running the streets 24/7 without chaos beastmen raping children whilst slaughtering their parents in front of them! and you still think sigmar has never done anything for you? tilmann waits for a reply, but ready to give another and much longer rant about sigmar if the halfling is still ignorant in the greatness that is sigmar!
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2009-03-27 at 09:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Talyn shrugged his shoulders.
    "We do just fine in the Moot without you lot-" waving his hands at the humans "S'funny. The only time any real trouble happens, is when you rag-taggers show up. And then it's all 'Burn this, burn that! Cut 'is 'ead off! String 'im up!' Of course, there was my ol' Uncle Bilko. Got 'imself a magic ring, said 'e could turn i'visible, was good at parties. E'cept he used it to steal stuff with it. Now, us halflings-" he poked his thumb at his chest.

"We like stuff, if we've got our 'ands on it, then it's ours. Makes sense, right? But, being i'visible, that's cheating. I never stole nuffin. But, my ol' Uncle Bilko..." Talyn mimed a rope being tied around his neck, and cocked his head to the side "He broke the law...E'cept then you lot showed up and smashed 'is ring that could turn 'im i'visible. That wasn't nice...

Talyn stuck out a grubby hand Anyway, I'm Talyn. Talyn Rageheart, after me great-great-great-great-great-great Grandfather. He had somethin' called a Heart of Rage, and 'e'd get roaring drunk and break 'eads. You bigfolk used to laugh at 'im. 'What's an 'arfling gonna do?' you'd say - then 'e'd 'eadbutt you in the nadgers. Of course, that's a story, an' I never met 'im meself. Speaking of meself, I'm Talyn." still, with his outstretched hand.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

Adam outstretches his hand "And im Adam im travelin with this man. Im on this journey coz i ave a score to settle with chaos, pleased to make ure aquaintence"
    Last edited by Black Orc 2k8; 2009-03-28 at 04:02 AM.
    The GM/DM has spoken.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

(I hope that that's a representation of his earthy accent and you're not going to type like that all through the game.)

It's a hard day's travel. The sun's just dipping below the horizon when you find yourselves to be well inside of Ostland, where the dialect is replete with Kislevite words and forms of speech. Taverns abound by the wayside and much ale, as well as Kislevite kvas, wodka and koumiss, is drunk therein. The darkness is stickily oppressive as it thickens, and to make matters worse one of the straps on Tilmann's shoe, untended over several months' travel, snaps.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

I examine the landscape before us, perring into the darkness"I hope none of you lads are scared of the dark, because its gettin pretty late"
    Last edited by Black Orc 2k8; 2009-03-28 at 12:11 PM.
    The GM/DM has spoken.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

The Halfling with the pie cart, Don-Don, pipes up.

You c'n forget that! I, fer one, ain't walkin' all night.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

you remember what happened last time? last time you get dragged off by wolves because you wouldnt walk all night... although we could just see if there is a cart of somesuch heading this way, then we wouldnt need to walk. tilmann says addressing don-don

tilmann then turns to adam chaos you say? i have had more than my fair share of seeing what chaos has done to our lands! perhaps you and i could be of use to each other?

finally tilmann turns to talyn and shakes his hand you are an extreamly excentric halfling, you know that?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

"I've bin here before. There's a perfec'ly good tavern jus' round the corner. I don' see why we 'ave to keep walkin' when there's proper decent priced bed and board right ahead of us. I'm going in whatever you decide to do." Don-Don wipes sweat from his brow and hitches up his pie cart, before waddling up the road.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann roles his eyes, but Don-don was right. i think staying here may well be our best course of action for the night, and im sure we will be able to talk more in the morning. tilmann gives the sign of the twin tailed comet again, may sigmar be with you. and follows Don-don to the tavern

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

The moment you get in the door you are greeted by the landlord who looks like a bear, as he is almost seven foot tall, extremely muscly and dressed in furs. The other drinkers scarcely look up from their ales and spirits but you are asked whether you want anything to drink. Don-Don is tossing back clear liquid in small glasses in front of the hearth and becoming very drunk at an incredible rate. The air of the pub is dismal, but the bartender is trying to cheer everyone up, offering drinks and cracking jokes. A gloomy-looking Sigmarite priest sits in discussions with an Ulrican Brother.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann orders an ale from the keep, then continues to wander over to the fellow sigmarian priest and does the sign of the hammer, before saying hail, fellow sigmarian, what seems to be the problem? tilmann always having a soft spot for other suffering priests...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

You recieve a sign of the twin tailed comet from the Sigmarite and the Ulrican priest raises his index and little finger with the other two held to the palm by his thumb in the Ulrican U.

"I have just been told by the High Priest of Ulric for all Ostland - sir - we must send agents to Vitkal, in Kislev. An Ulrican priest arrived there and found an unholy, Chaotic rite involving summoning the dead being performed; he preached instead the true worship of the great Gods, and has apparently been killed. The Tzarina has extended her permission for us to unleash Imperial law on these scoundrels. I have hired a small group of Kislevite bodyguards, but I need some Imperial fortitude to ensure the message is delivered properly, and none are stouter than a Sigmarite Priest. I cannot go alone, I have duties to the Temple. But I can guess by your appearance that you are travellers...?"

Don-Don's kvas-sodden shout from the fire rings loud and clear. "D'you do this fer a livin'? I think I'll be takin' a detour tomorra'; in whatever way yer not goin'!"
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2009-03-28 at 08:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

fine i have no problem with that Don-don...

tilmann continues to ignore don don from this point returning to the priestyou want me to deliver a message?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Two months ago, one of our most enlightened brethren – Brother Jurgen – was travelling through the northern wastes preaching the holy word. When he reached the village of Vitkal, he was brutally attacked and killed. I have been appointed by the temple to travel to the village and see justice is done, that the perpetrators of this foul deed suffer the full process of our law. The Tzarina has granted me the right to enact justice – Empire justice – as I see fit. However I need bodyguards and guides to ensure I reach Vitkal safely – it is a week’s journey, and I am sure you have heard how dangerous the open country can be up there. It is your job to ensure I reach my destination so the will of Sigmar and Ulric may be carried out.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann nods when do we leave?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Tomorrow at dawn. The journey should take about a week. You'll need at least some winter furs, a kibitka or a yurta, snow shoes, dried meat, fire-making equipment and probably kvas.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann simply says .... better go buy them now then... anywhere local i could get all that stuff?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

It's fairly accessible this close to Kislev. Kvas can be bought by the skin at 8 ss 10bp. Firemaking equipment is 1 gc 10 ss and kindling is 2 ss per fire's worth. 6 ss buys a week's worth of dried meat, and a kivitka (wooden tent) for 3 is 3gc. A yurta (skin tent), though less hardy is cheaper, and rooms three for 1gc 10ss. A suit of winter clothing and snowshoes are 10gc for a human or 7gc 10ss for a halfling.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann buys the better tent and the rest of the stuff and 4 weeks worth of rations so that others can have some too and pays 20Gc keep the change

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

"Cheers." says the man, and wraps all the equipment up in a free backpack and adds a few extra flasks of kvas.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann thanks the man and makes his way back to the tavern to talk to the priest again ok ive got my stuff, and i may have others come with me, if thats ok?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

The priest tells you he has no problems with that, the more the better.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann will pay for a room for the night, and stay up for a few drinks before going to bed ready for the next morning.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

The bed costs 5p each. During the course of the night, a half-naked girl falls down the inn steps and struggles to her feet. A similary semi-clothed, broad shouldered and muscular man stumbles down the steps and backhands her so hard across the face she falls backwards over a table. He chases her back upstairs and stares round the room as though daring anyone to question what he did, but no-one does.