New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Darn it! I was sure I was the first person to write in ABR! Time must flow differently in my plan-- I mean....(Hopes they don't realize what he was going to say.)
    Thank you. You made my feel smart.
    ____

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

*Looks around nervously*

First of all, my apologies for interrupting and being rather off-topic (I didn't think this merited starting a new thread).

I've heard so much about ABR but I don't know really anything about it. I read the first post of this, but I haven't entirely figured out the purpose, structure, or how one joins. I did read BRC's post on joining, but it seemed to assume that one already knew what was going on to an extent...

Could anyone inform me of how this runs (something about a plot and a comic done by a bunch of people) and how/if one can join? PM is fine if you don't want to clog up the thread. Someone suggested I oughta join ABR and it sounds fun, but again, I lack the information about it to really dive in at the moment.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Fange, to join ABR, it is quite simple. You post a comic in our art thread thast has you joining, or you can random kill someone (like Skimmer did). ABR, in case you didn't know, is working towards FI (Future Imperfect). I'm not the best for explaining it, I'm sure Lying will give you a better explanation...

On another note, can someone give me a link to The Town OOC? I can't find it...
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-03-19 at 02:50 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Queenfange View Post
    First of all, my apologies for interrupting and being rather off-topic (I didn't think this merited starting a new thread).
    Interrupting, being off-topic, and thread clogging aren't really concerns here.

For what it's worth, yours was probably one of the most on-topic posts we've had in pages.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2009-03-19 at 02:55 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

*Looks around nervously*

I've heard so much about ABR but I don't know really anything about it. I read the first post of this, but I haven't entirely figured out the purpose, structure, or how one joins. I did read BRC's post on joining, but it seemed to assume that one already knew what was going on to an extent...

Could anyone inform me of how this runs (something about a plot and a comic done by a bunch of people) and how/if one can join? PM is fine if you don't want to clog up the thread. Someone suggested I oughta join ABR and it sounds fun, but again, I lack the information about it to really dive in at the moment.
    Mechafox has the archive for some of the plots in his sig if you want to know the comic story.
    It started as just random killing (you posted a picture of your avatar beating another persons avatar) this led to continuing stories (one attacked another reacted and the first tried to get his giant fish back (don't ask) and then other joined and added random stuff that became part of the plot's world) and rules, but right now we are ending the main plot (FFF) to start a sequel (FI).
    Do what you want and have fun but don.t god-mod.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

*Looks around nervously*

Off topic? This is the discussion thread for all things ABR! We have no topic!

The Avatar Battle Royale began as the name suggests, a free for all battle wherein people would draw a short comic depicting their avatar killing someone else's avatar. Inevitably, feuds began, with sequences of comics depicting a storyline formed by the attacks. These attacks weren't always fatal, and in this manner the Plot, Fat Fish Fury was born. This storyline has been continuing for almost 2000 comics, and has been the staple content of ABR as it continued.

The storyline is open to all, and there is no need to announce your intent before making a comic, you just jump in and do what you want! However, some rules are imposed to ensure that ABR runs smoothly. These rules are similar to common rules in freeform roleplaying games, and can be found at the start of the Art Thread, Avatar Battle Royale: We All Live in A Yellow Citadel. Basically, don't force other people to act out of character, and make sure you have some weaknesses.

Fat Fish Fury (informally known as FFF or 3F), as previously mentioned, is the principle plotline, but others have sprung up. Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back (known as SDSB and archived by Szilard) is a direct spin-off, while the Pluperfect Plot (also known as Plot 3 or P3) is set 1500 years before the current events of FFF in a low-magic, high-technology setting, and leads up to an event known as the Great Cataclysm, which is a plot device in the history of Avbaroy, the common setting.

Fat Fish Fury is coming to a close currently, with the final battle only a few comics away (most likely more though, depending on whether we get sidetracked), and will be replaced by Fat Fish Fury 2: Future Imperfect (known as FI), set 15 years later where the main characters of FFF have formed a resistance group opposed to the apparently benevolent, but possibly malicious United Nations of Avbaroy. At this juncture, it is probably best to avoid joining FFF, the end being so close by.

Well, that was quite the wall of text, if you have any questions, just ask and we'll be happy to answer.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Fat Fish Fury is coming to a close currently, with the final battle only a few comics away (most likely more though, depending on whether we get sidetracked), and will be replaced by Fat Fish Fury 2: Future Imperfect (known as FI), set 15 years later where the main characters of FFF have formed a resistance group opposed to the apparently benevolent, but possibly malicious United Nations of Avbaroy. At this juncture, it is probably best to avoid joining FFF, the end being so close by.
    Possibly? Possibly malicious?

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Off topic? This is the discussion thread for all things ABR! We have no topic!

The Avatar Battle Royale began as the name suggests, a free for all battle wherein people would draw a short comic depicting their avatar killing someone else's avatar. Inevitably, feuds began, with sequences of comics depicting a storyline formed by the attacks. These attacks weren't always fatal, and in this manner the Plot, Fat Fish Fury was born. This storyline has been continuing for almost 2000 comics, and has been the staple content of ABR as it continued.

The storyline is open to all, and there is no need to announce your intent before making a comic, you just jump in and do what you want! However, some rules are imposed to ensure that ABR runs smoothly. These rules are similar to common rules in freeform roleplaying games, and can be found at the start of the Art Thread, Avatar Battle Royale: We All Live in A Yellow Citadel. Basically, don't force other people to act out of character, and make sure you have some weaknesses.

Fat Fish Fury (informally known as FFF or 3F), as previously mentioned, is the principle plotline, but others have sprung up. Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back (known as SDSB and archived by Szilard) is a direct spin-off, while the Pluperfect Plot (also known as Plot 3 or P3) is set 1500 years before the current events of FFF in a low-magic, high-technology setting, and leads up to an event known as the Great Cataclysm, which is a plot device in the history of Avbaroy, the common setting.

Well, that was quite the wall of text, if you have any questions, just ask and we'll be happy to answer.
    Why don't you just put a link to the wiki pages instead of explainign it all? :P

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Possibly? Possibly malicious?
    Yes, possibly malicious. They have been nothing but benevolent so far, and have improved the quality of life for all the nations under their banner. The only evidence you have against them is that they are lead by Ins, who must surely have an evil plan. I mean, he's evil right? And so by extension, the organisation he figureheads must be utterly evil as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Why don't you just put a link to the wiki pages instead of explainign it all? :P
    The Wiki is less concise, and is mostly concerned with the fluff. Besides, there's a wiki link on the first page, and Queenfange said she read BRC's guide to joining, so I assume she found it on the first page.

And did you really have to quote my wall-o'-text and clog up the thread?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

And did you really have to quote my wall-o'-text and clog up the thread?
    But you (or Keveak.... Or mecha) said clogging didn't matter.
    ____

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, possibly malicious. They have been nothing but benevolent so far, and have improved the quality of life for all the nations under their banner. The only evidence you have against them is that they are lead by Ins, who must surely have an evil plan. I mean, he's evil right? And so by extension, the organisation he figureheads must be utterly evil as well, right?
    One of the reasons Ins created the UNA was to take advantage of the New Sovice Empire's morality, making the elimination of the Holy Sovice Militia on the planet angering the otherwise peaceable and friendly United Nations of Avbaroy and perhaps even causing their destruction, which the New Sovice Empire doesn't want.

In essence, the UNA isn't evil, but it was created to further malevolent intentions.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    One of the reasons Ins created the UNA was to take advantage of the New Sovice Empire's morality, making the elimination of the Holy Sovice Militia on the planet angering the otherwise peaceable and friendly United Nations of Avbaroy and perhaps even causing their destruction, which the New Sovice Empire doesn't want.

In essence, the UNA isn't evil, but it was created to further malevolent intentions.
    And certain branches of it are evil, or at least pretty ambiguous. 'Them', for example (I just confused the newby, didn't I? ), and the countless evil mercenaries. And...some other people. Muahahaha.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    And certain branches of it are evil, or at least pretty ambiguous. 'Them', for example (I just confused the newby, didn't I? ), and the countless evil mercenaries. And...some other people. Muahahaha.
    The evil mercenaries aren't part of the UNA, they are that: mercenaries. The UNA employs them because they can't risk them rooting with the enemies.

Greetings!
    I have decided without asking first to create an ABR Q&A II!
    I need questions, and some people who would like to host.
    Stephen Mask could host.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-03-19 at 07:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584

The ghosts come to mind [Ellipses]

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    The ghosts come to mind [Ellipses]
    Technically, they don't exist.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

When will the Off-plot be considered an actual plot? Everyone join it! It could take place in an Avboray where many peoples alignment have been reversed. I'm participating!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    When will the Off-plot be considered an actual plot? Everyone join it! It could take place in an Avboray where many peoples alignment have been reversed. I'm participating!
    Mirror Universe ABR?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Banned

Hmm. Perhaps, but it would provoke anger by Bayar and the other plot-haters.
    I'm in.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

O_e.

This dude.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll make evil Derik later.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-03-19 at 07:58 PM.
    ____

20. - Top - End - #590
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Mirror Universe ABR?
    Yes, but not everything is actually opposite. Some people could be of unchanged alignmment. (Like Ghillietoes) Now we have to think of some actual plot for it. Should Keveak be the big bad, or maybe the unfortunate hero who seeks to reverse his condition?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #591
    Banned

Hey! I got an idea:
    Not everyone was stuck in the plot. Somebody (maybe Keveak)tried to blast a bunch of good guys as a Random Kill, at the same time that something pivotal nearly happened in the real plots (like somebody posted a comic! ). This created enormous chaos, especially due to the potency of Kev's magics. A new 'plot' was formed, sucking in a bunch of people who were going to post comics. The new comic in the real plot was destroyed (by the Inkscape fairy!). Now, a bunch of people are trying to survive in a very inhospitable uncharted part of Avbaroy's 'Bizarro World'.
    Thoughts?

22. - Top - End - #592
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Yes, but not everything is actually opposite. Some people could be of unchanged alignmment. (Like Ghillietoes) Now we have to think of some actual plot for it. Should Keveak be the big bad, or maybe the unfortunate hero who seeks to reverse his condition?
    Well, Heathyr is a true-neutral, so maybe those won't change? Neutral might be the rotational axis or something... And... I want revenge for my hawk!

Edit: ... I am working on both a FFF and OP comic... but I've had a major Spanish project come up and AP Lang papers... so they might need to take a little longer depending on how others post...
    Last edited by ghillietoes42; 2009-03-19 at 09:51 PM.

"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
    ~ Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Few questions regarding to some national and geographical things in FI

1: How has UNA managed to get nations such as Bloodlands and Regen to join in, as it is said all nations are part of it (officially), and those two places are not really that civilized.

2:How is that restoration project in Lockutas coming along?

3:Constant rebelling in Schizotech, yay or nay?

4:What are the most hotly-contested places between resistance and UNA?

24. - Top - End - #594

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps, but it would provoke anger by Bayar and the other plot-haters.
    I'm in.
    I dont hate the plot. I hate what it has become. All the constant "you cant do this because I say you cant" things...

Oh, and ironically, I was thuinking of joining Mirror Universe, since it is the closest thing to what ABR was originally. Randomness !
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

So it was created to shelter shelter someone of different religious beliefs than the space-fleet in orbit? Definitely malevolent.

I'm just saying, Ins hasn't really been evil so far. We've had Lying tell us he's evil, and attempt to kill every Sovice he meets in Avbaroy, and then a bunch of "good" Sovices turn up. How are we meant to determine which is actually good? The ones who have formed an organisation which has done great good for the population of Avbaroy, or the ones who are trying to wipe them off the face of the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    1: How has UNA managed to get nations such as Bloodlands and Regen to join in, as it is said all nations are part of it (officially), and those two places are not really that civilized.
    Settle new colonies on the shorelines, and begin civilising the nation. These new colonies are part of the UNA, and any inhabitants that they find living there will be offered the full rights of a UNA citizen.

2:How is that restoration project in Lockutas coming along?
    Slowly. Those Moon Elves were thorough

3:Constant rebelling in Schizotech, yay or nay?
    Constant Civil Unrest. Not many actual rebellions though, for now.

4:What are the most hotly-contested places between resistance and UNA?
    Schizotech.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    O_e.

This dude.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll make evil Derik later.
    Why does wearing black automatically make you evil?

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Colour Coded For Your Convenience.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Because Evil is Stylish, Cool, and Sexy. Black goes with everything. Especially black.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    I dont hate the plot. I hate what it has become. All the constant "you cant do this because I say you cant" things...

Oh, and ironically, I was thuinking of joining Mirror Universe, since it is the closest thing to what ABR was originally. Randomness !
    Well, technically, the Random Kills are the same randomness. But yeah, not many participate in them.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Uhm that aint Keveak guys (the kobold who became Kewrath)... He was a random kobold (they are even color coded) for the evil TWIN week... But I can change that. Kewrath won't be the big bad if this get's to be a real plot (he could be a big bad just not their leader or anything like that) but the rest sound good (no pun intended).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.