New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

I assume you mean FFF... If that's the case, then no. There are too many subplots, minor characters, random plot twists, and distractions for any of us to even know...
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Wow... what the hell?

Usually when jumping in to the middle of a story I can pick up the pieces and figure out what is going on but ABR?

Shoopa... can someone give me a brief (or as brief as possible) plot summary?
    Try the ABR wiki link on the first page.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    Stick swordsman of the Kyrie fanclub!
    My bro's homebrew class.

How to: Glibness

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    I assume you mean FFF... If that's the case, then no. There are too many subplots, minor characters, random plot twists, and distractions for any of us to even know...
    Yeah just FFF will do

Who the hell is Leroy? Why is there a flying fish? Whats up with that random sprite comic? And who are the overlords of the UFO?

EDIT: Below: Touche
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-03 at 10:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by The Blackbird; 2009-04-03 at 10:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    Stick swordsman of the Kyrie fanclub!
    My bro's homebrew class.

How to: Glibness

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Yeah just FFF will do

Who the hell is Leroy? Why is there a flying fish? Whats up with that random sprite comic? And who are the overlords of the UFO?

EDIT: Below: Touche
    Leroy is Salmon's (the flying fish) brother (a larger bigger non flying fish) they are from the flying landfish race (that has an entry on the wiki) the sprite comics are another plot (we have several plots with different stories, check the letters writen above the comics). What UFO?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I repeat my question, is CrimsonAngel's comic canon ? That's important to know if I'm going to make a comic.

Nevermind, I've decided to make a comic about Alphantica.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-04 at 08:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Where is the current ABR House of Horrors? I'm looking all over for it, but it seems to have vanished. Not even searches work.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Where is the current ABR House of Horrors? I'm looking all over for it, but it seems to have vanished. Not even searches work.
    Why are you looking for it.
    ____

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Nevermind. I found it.

*makes picture*

Picture is made.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-04 at 08:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    So, I repeat my question, is CrimsonAngel's comic canon ? That's important to know if I'm going to make a comic.

Nevermind, I've decided to make a comic about Alphantica.
    Well if she don't know what the shades did when in her body then it would be the first canon dead she have ever seen, seeing someone no matter whom die is pretty traumatising, could that work?

man, I need to press the update button more often.

EDIT: I'll have to thank you CA, either you hurt an elf that might seek revenge (if you don't get the benefits for my character, check the latest OotS comics) or killed her thus making Kewrath richer (souls are currency in the nine hells)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-04-04 at 10:57 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Banned

Nevermind. I found it.

*makes picture*

Picture is made.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97 View Post
    It's not that hard to follow if you ignore all the unimportant sideplots and focus on the main thing:

The Shades, parasitic demons, have escaped their hosts' body and have retired to a mountain in an unknown region of the world, and are being confronted by a small group of heroes, while others are distracting their main forces at the base of the mountain.

Meanwhile, a group of powerful space-faring replicating nano-machines have settled on the planet, creating the organisation called the United Nations of Avbaroy to make all the countries loyal to them. A dissident state, Alphantica, has refused to follow and is being invaded by highly advanced ships and troops.

13. - Top - End - #973

Ahh, but you're forgetting the power of the shades, the salmon factor, and the important things leading up to this that discern how you can and cannot kill the shades, as well as the forced ending to both events in order that FI can be made way for, and the details of characters and their powers, backgrounds, and everything. It's far too much to summarize.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh, but you're forgetting the power of the shades, the salmon factor, and the important things leading up to this that discern how you can and cannot kill the shades, as well as the forced ending to both events in order that FI can be made way for, and the details of characters and their powers, backgrounds, and everything. It's far too much to summarize.
    It's a plot summary, not a detailed explanation of the fact. You are right about the Salmon Factor and the nature of the Shades, but not about the details of every characters. A summary just tells the basics. Besides, Fat Fish Fury is probably not too much more complicated than the Lord of the Rings, isn't it ? I hope so...

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

If you've read Lord of the Rings and know & understand it's entire schema, then you know more about it than just about of Tolkien's descendants and supporters.

In theory I suppose you could consider Remember either a prequel to or the set-up of FFF.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's a plot summary, not a detailed explanation of the fact. You are right about the Salmon Factor and the nature of the Shades, but not about the details of every characters. A summary just tells the basics. Besides, Fat Fish Fury is probably not too much more complicated than the Lord of the Rings, isn't it ? I hope so...
    Lord of the Rings has a 400 PAGE MINI-DICTIONARY dedicated to it. Being not much more complicated than Lord of the Rings doesn't mean that much. Actually its about Middle-Earth, since Tolkein wrote an entire history for it from beginning to end and LOTR is just the most popular part.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@-Skimmer-: Unkillable? That just forces Kewrath to send you to the abyss (wich will make you insaner until you die which you can't :evilgrin:) But ain't it a bit to much (no real effect from even nuclear exposions ruin the fun of fighting and hurting) and why DID'T it work on Kewrath (though he survived by devil physics, but that's irrelevant) Fun comic by the way
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

Now I'm even more confused than when I started!

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

About what ? The nuclear explosion, Fat Fish Fury's plot summary or something else ?

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You get used to it. Off-plot is not the same as FFF and has nothing to do with it so just ignore comics with it or anything else than FFF writen over them and it will be easier.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #981

HalfOrcPirate

...I can understand just healing if it was a plain missile, but this was a NUKE! Radiation! Be a nuclear zombie if you survive! It's just not right.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

22. - Top - End - #982

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    ...I can understand just healing if it was a plain missile, but this was a NUKE! Radiation! Be a nuclear zombie if you survive! It's just not right.
    As Skimmer said: cartoon physics.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

23. - Top - End - #983

HalfOrcPirate

...Darn society!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    As Skimmer said: cartoon physics.
    Cartoon physics couldn't save Stephen from being ripped in half, so how could it prevent a nuclear explosion from killing two persons at its dead centre ?

25. - Top - End - #985

Uh...maybe cartoon physics are stronger in the off-plane?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Banned

Cartoon physics couldn't save Stephen from being ripped in half, so how could it prevent a nuclear explosion from killing two persons at its dead centre ?
    Well thats the very definition of cartoon physics!

Take "Whats Opera Doc?" for example. Bugs Bunny can survive all kinds of turmoil, but suddenly a single lightning bolt does him in?

27. - Top - End - #987
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    They succeded the fortitude save for radiation. Calm down. It is not a plot comic, it is NON-PLOT. Grasp the concept ? You can do anything ! Everyone else can do anything. If someone doesnt want to be blown to smithereens or vaporised by a miniature nuclear bomb(tm) then they simply arent. You cant force them to die.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    They succeded the fortitude save for radiation. Calm down. It is not a plot comic, it is NON-PLOT. Grasp the concept ? You can do anything ! Everyone else can do anything. If someone doesnt want to be blown to smithereens or vaporised by a miniature nuclear bomb(tm) then they simply arent. You cant force them to die.
    Actually, you can. They just don't have to stay dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    @-Skimmer-: Unkillable? That just forces Kewrath to send you to the abyss (wich will make you insaner until you die which you can't :evilgrin:) But ain't it a bit to much (no real effect from even nuclear exposions ruin the fun of fighting and hurting) and why DID'T it work on Kewrath (though he survived by devil physics, but that's irrelevant) Fun comic by the way
    I prefer term "hard to kill", but yeah..sort of

Cartoon physics requies cliche stereotypes to occur like smashing someone down with giant hammer, throwing piano at him or use of unexpected explosive in this case (dynamite is most used). In other words, Falgorn caused cartoon physics effect appear by himself, while stephen was ripped in half by toothy shady monster which is actually not defined as cartoon cliche.......

But any of cartoon physics laws cannot be aplied, if there is no joke in it
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990

HalfOrcPirate

I don't think Bayar likes me...I don't know if I should be or .
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!