New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32577273747576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #2431
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Randomizer isn't more powerful, he just has a lot of godmodding skills.
    yer just jealous

2. - Top - End - #2432
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Randomizer isn't more powerful, he just has a lot of godmodding skills.
    Well to be fair, Lying is a powerful human spellcaster.

Rand is semi-pure Incarnum held together by his own ambient magic existing in a non-Incarnum plane. That alone gives him significantly more magical potential than Lying.

3. - Top - End - #2433

But, being an AI does have a huge level adjustment penalty, so he definitely has less potential straight up casting-wise.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

4. - Top - End - #2434
    Ettin in the Playground

Level adjustment is applied to counter-act innate abilities and such so that characters are approximately on par at a given level, so if Rand does indeed have a huge level adjustment penalty he may not need to level up normally.

Heck, in theory all he needs is proficiency with dual-wielded chainsaws.

5. - Top - End - #2435

you guys lost me >_<

6. - Top - End - #2436
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Somthing random I thought up, concerning the Machinists and other fiends.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Machinists are fairly powerful compared to most demonic groups in similar situations. Their vehicles and technologies are so alien to most of their foes that they don't have the first idea on how to stop them. Many a demonic warlord has seen his horde of minions blasted to smithereens by Machinist tanks.
    However, they are rather limited in power. Usually, a group of devils in their situation would find some higher devil to swear allegiance to, or at lest enter into an alliance with. However, because, usually, the power of a group of fiends is directly proportional to the personal power of it's leader, devils don't really respect the Grand Tyrant, who rules via force of personality and political connections, and is, both physically and magically, a good deal weaker than some of his subjects. Thus, even though they may know the machinist anti-air have shot down countless Vrocks, that plenty of Dretches have met their doom underneath the treads of Machinist vehicles, and that a standard issue Machinist battery has enough firepower to wipe out a division of Hound Archon's faster than you can say "Holy Sleet (Good aligned outsiders don't swear much), WHY ARE EXPLOSIVES FALLING FROM THE SKY!", no major devils have entered into anything but the most uninvolved agreements with the Machinists. To this day, most fiends still think of them as abunch of masterless peons who figured out how to build some fancy toys that gives them a slight chance against "Real" devils.
    After awhile, the Grand Tyrant just stopped trying, deciding that if they wern't going to look past the fact that he, personally, can't take out an army, he dosn't want to ally with them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #2437

Yeah, but since when has any level adjusted creature been comparable to a wizard? I suppose, at such a high level, that he could probably use epic spells and such to tear apart Lying's 1/3 casting, but... It's really all a question of the Arcane Incarnation's actual benefits. If it has large bonuses Strength, Wisdom, Charisma, or any of those garbage abilities, it might drag it down quite a bit, assuming you're the same level and comparing yourselves to each other.

8. - Top - End - #2438
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, guys, I'm gonna be starting a thread for my own comic soon (However soon it takes to be approved). So when it pops up, be sure to take a look.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-04-22 at 08:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #2439

A tip: If you ever get bored, quit. If you're still interested, start from scratch, and find a different style. Make sure you're having fun making the comics.

I'll be sure to check them out =) Good luck.

10. - Top - End - #2440
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Well, guys, I'm gonna be starting a thread for my own comic soon (However soon it takes to be approved). So when it pops up, be sure to take a look.
    That I look forward to!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #2441
    Banned

I have made a change to the wiki.

12. - Top - End - #2442
    Ogre in the Playground

Giantitp working test 001:

[Start log]
    Well it appears that my Firefox at home dislikes Giantitp and refuses to connect regularly.
    However at collage it appears to work fine...
    Any suggestions?
    [/End log]
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #2443
    Ogre in the Playground

Live at college?

I'd guess that either you have accidentally blocked Giantitp for whatever reason at home, or you're just trying to connect at home during the busy times. The server load goes up and down throughout the day, mainly connected to the American work/sleep cycle, the Brits and miscellaneous others make up a minority of the readership. So, when at home you could be trying to access the site at the same time as a large number of other people, but with far fewer people accessing the site when you're at college.

14. - Top - End - #2444
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    yer just jealous
    Nay, he just really REALLY hates me.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

15. - Top - End - #2445
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    May I answer for him? Afraid not, it didn't work in canon.
    But I'm making a comic that makes it work (he get's thrown very fast into the portal and hit a bluewing so he get's thrown away).... Might sound pretty stupid.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #2446
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Nay, he just really REALLY hates me.
    Meh, Rand is only a novice at god-modding. He only has 4 levels in the prestige class. While I have at least 3, and I'm only a newbie!
    Loser!

17. - Top - End - #2447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Meh, Rand is only a novice at god-modding. He only has 4 levels in the prestige class. While I have at least 3, and I'm only a newbie!
    Loser!
    Im a level 10 godmodder. I've got the "Get away with it" class feature without the per-day limit already.

18. - Top - End - #2448

i have the

threeshades hurry up and end the battle feat

19. - Top - End - #2449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Giantitp working test 001:

[Start log]
    Well it appears that my Firefox at home dislikes Giantitp and refuses to connect regularly.
    However at collage it appears to work fine...
    Any suggestions?
    [/End log]
    Try using a different browzer. I suggest Safari or good ol' Explorer.

20. - Top - End - #2450

internet explorer is bad >_< stick with firefox like me fayte.

if i was you i'd just wait til quiet hours to post.

21. - Top - End - #2451

IE's pretty bad, but Safari's even worse...

It's almost as bad as the overall OSX operating system...

That was such a waste of good money

22. - Top - End - #2452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    IE's pretty bad, but Safari's even worse...

It's almost as bad as the overall OSX operating system...

That was such a waste of good money
    I think your standards are abnormally high, Tired N' Drowzy. If OS X is bad, and so is Safari, than you probably think every thing in computer history is incredibly abominable.

23. - Top - End - #2453

its called knowing whats good.

24. - Top - End - #2454

Naw, Firefox is a nice browser... And I've heard good things about Chrome.

OSX is awful, hands down... No organization or navigational systems, and you have to call Apple or use some terrible help search to learn how to do the most basic of tasks... And even then they're hard to remember. It took me 8 months on my laptop to learn the OSX equivalent of CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and I forgot it recently.

I can never find anything I save, too many errors occur, the keyboard is screwy, it's expensive, and there's one click button... On top of the terrible navigation, lag, and lack of ability to play any awesome games, aside from the more expensive mac versions which still can't incorporate a right click...

I swear, getting that thing was a huge mistake... Probably one of the worst I've ever made. It's got such a huge learning curve... It takes ages to learn anything, and it's so unintuitive...

Windows XP for the win!

Three and a half years old and still working smoothly! The only issue I've had in this in a very, very long time has been slightly delayed lag times due to age and a huge tablet lag with inkscape, which I don't need the tablet for anyways.

I also love the ability to navigate folders.

25. - Top - End - #2455
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think your standards are abnormally high, Tired N' Drowzy. If OS X is bad, and so is Safari, than you probably think every thing in computer history is incredibly abominable.
    Warning; fanboy alert!

Seriously though, some people don't care for Apple products.

On the subject of browsers, Top 3 in my opinion are Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. Safari I have no opinion. And IE is full of ads, from microsoft, and has poor security.

edit; comic sums up differences between OS quite funnily
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-04-23 at 07:59 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

26. - Top - End - #2456

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    And IE is full of ads, from microsoft, and has poor security.
    Really? In the two years I used Internet Explorer, we never once got a virus, and I never saw any ads.

I just don't like the lag time or tabs formatting, and the other options are a little lacking.

This is my overall opinion of Apple Products. They simply strip all the real features away...
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-04-23 at 07:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #2457
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm no fanboy, I just think OS X is superior to Windows XP. It's got no viruses, it's easy to use and doesn't bug much. I use it because Linux, even if it is better, does not fit my persona. Though I don't like Safari at all; I use Firefox.

Now let's stop talking about that, because it's probably cause a lot of debate and it is off-topic.

28. - Top - End - #2458

okay then, since its getting very close, shouldn't we pick the name of the next art thread?

29. - Top - End - #2459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    okay then, since its getting very close, shouldn't we pick the name of the next art thread?
    I think we should wait a bit; the art thread moves very slowly.

30. - Top - End - #2460
    Firbolg in the Playground

Off-topic? This is the discussion thread you know.

Tnd; 1 minute of browsing can find ads pretty easily. IE with ads circled, firefox, no ads (note, firefox needs the Adblock Plus addon for no ads)

Edit; at the rate the discussion thread is approved, the mods might need sometime to take care of it.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-04-23 at 08:12 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.