New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

After watching The Air I Breathe, I, a diehard Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy fan, was intrigued by her non-Whedon worked, and happened upon this trailer. I'm more intrigued, now, than before.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Hugh Laurie is British?!?!?
    Seriously? You're fired.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mercurymaline View Post
    Seriously? You're fired.
    Oh no, not in this economy you don't! No one fires the moon! I hope you're kidding, seeing the smily.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh no, not in this economy you don't! No one fires the moon! I hope you're kidding, seeing the smily.
    Didn't you hear? Ever since Pluto lost its job as a planet it's been itching for a new direction. I hear its been wooing not only Earth, but Mars and Venus as well to become their new moon...

Poor Charon, though, just kinda got left out in the rain. Heard there was a big fight and everything...

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

My day just took a turn for the crappy. Toilet's busted. Just like the fridge a couple years ago. Right in the middle of spring cleaning, too. Like we didn't have enough to worry about...

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

I like Pluto. He was such a faithful companion to Mickey.

@^: Oye, I hope you don't live in an apartment building... Maintenance always takes forever!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-04-06 at 03:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I like Pluto. He was such a faithful companion to Mickey.

@^: Oye, I hope you don't live in an apartment building... Maintenance always takes forever!
    Aye. Now it all smells!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Bugbear in the Playground

Easier way! Stab yourself in the chest, just a few inches left of centre. See if you die.

Edit: Wow, once again. Message way too late. Here's what I meant to reply to:

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Yar! I spy thy white text!

Go jog for twenty minutes, then check what side your heart beat is on.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-04-06 at 04:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    After watching The Air I Breathe, I, a diehard Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy fan, was intrigued by her non-Whedon worked, and happened upon this trailer. I'm more intrigued, now, than before.
    Eh, I'm not really a fan of SMG. I didn't really like her all that much in Buffy, and that's pretty much all I've seen her in.

Although...I did watch a Spanish dubbed version of Simply Irresistible for my Spanish class, as our teacher was talking about magical realism in Spanish literature, watched this movie on TV or something, and then told us about it.

She said we could watch it if we could find it, so we of course made it our quest to find a copy of the DVD.

And we watched it.

And it was FANTASTIC.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was pretty terrible. I don't think it's possible to make a movie with any more cheesiness and corniness. And oddly enough, it is a movie about cooking.

But it was just hilarious.

The Spanish dubbing might have had something to do with that, though.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Aye. Now it all smells!
    Look on the bright side. The rest of the world doesn't smell
    Like crap.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #1241

"'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I wonder who gets to be the patrician?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #1243

thats pretty awesome and now anyone who lives in that town will want to read the books if they haven't yet.
    PM me for computer hardware advice/help.
    thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar
    cookies drawn by Ceika

14. - Top - End - #1244

Ooh, awesomeness! (Though I suppose that was guaranteed, what with Thufir posting the link and all...)

Can anybody think of a way of weighing my suitcases that doesn't involve a scale? I don't own a scale, but I need to know how much stuff I can take with me to the States so that I don't have a nasty surprise at the airport. Weight limit is 20 kg.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    Ooh, awesomeness! (Though I suppose that was guaranteed, what with Thufir posting the link and all...)

Can anybody think of a way of weighing my suitcases that doesn't involve a scale? I don't own a scale, but I need to know how much stuff I can take with me to the States so that I don't have a nasty surprise at the airport. Weight limit is 20 kg.
    You could use a piece of wood and place it on a fulcrum. You then find a 20kg weight and then place it on one end of the plank. You then fill the suitcase and place it on the other end of the plank. If the end with the suitcase is lower than the side with the weight, you have packed too much stuff, assuming that the fulcrum is in the exact center of the plank.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #1246

Or you could go and borrow someone else's bathroom scales. Sounds...less complicated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Bathroom scales! Duh! Hopefully someone here has them.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the movie was pretty terrible. I don't think it's possible to make a movie with any more cheesiness and corniness. And oddly enough, it is a movie about cooking.

But it was just hilarious.

The Spanish dubbing might have had something to do with that, though.
    Yes, it was the dubbing. But who cannot love a movie with a drooling crab?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Banned

Last time I had to judge suitcase weights, I tested them against lifting a nearby bag of potatoes, one weight in either hand, making a lever and fulcrum of myself. 14.7kg for a 15kg limit isn't too bad. The bathroom scales had indicated 13kg, as the bag was too large for the scale and tilting off to one side.

Eased yesterday's malaise with reading some good poetry by contemporaries and a trawl through the online archives of Alistair Cooke's Letter from America.

randman--was it the content of the comment you agreed with or the tone that makes you savor reading something plainer?

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Last time I had to judge suitcase weights, I tested them against lifting a nearby bag of potatoes, one weight in either hand, making a lever and fulcrum of myself. 14.7kg for a 15kg limit isn't too bad. The bathroom scales had indicated 13kg, as the bag was too large for the scale and tilting off to one side.

Eased yesterday's malaise with reading some good poetry by contemporaries and a trawl through the online archives of Alistair Cooke's Letter from America.

randman--was it the content of the comment you agreed with or the tone that makes you savor reading something plainer?

you got a Wii Balance board?

it measures things quite well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Easier way! Stab yourself in the chest, just a few inches left of centre. See if you die.

Edit: Wow, once again. Message way too late. Here's what I meant to reply to:
    Bahaha! And here I thought you were giving advice to Phase on his busted toilet.

also, Ris - someones packin' early.
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-07 at 05:19 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What poetry catches your fancy? I'm rather curious due to... the rarity of actually choosing to seek out such reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

You guys are falling behind. I slept for twelve hours, waited three before I logged on today, and you're still on the same page. I thought this was dexterous! And destructive! And banter...esque. I never stop making up words. Even in English class. At least I haven't done what that one girl did. "Devirginise." There are already a million euphemisms for that. No need for a new word. :P
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-04-07 at 06:38 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

i must admit i've been keeping an eye on how fast the Thread is moving too... i kinda want to be On-line when the new thread is created...

look at the last number I created.
    but as the rule Goes, whomever is on when we reach 50 gets to do it

New Red Dwarf... New Doctor Who... kinda makes me wish i was at home this Easter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

You sleep for twelve hours a day too, Randy? I just can't stop
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of New Doctor Who, I'll be seeing it a day early thanks to BBC Cymru hosting it in the local, newly renovated theatre (Theatr Twm o'r Nant). We had to enter a phone draw and we won two tickets!

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    You guys are falling behind. I slept for twelve hours, waited three before I logged on today, and you're still on the same page. I thought this was dexterous! And destructive! And banter...esque. I never stop making up words. Even in English class. At least I haven't done what that one girl did. "Devirginise."
    Indeed. Usually best to leave devirginization to the professionals, after all.

Hmm. I think the main problem has been a lack of overall focus on any of the topics that have come up within the thread.

Anyway... any ideas what's something (other than simple lump sums of money) to use as the repercussions of losing a bet? We didn't get connected last night, so the White Castle is still in my fridge and needs to be eaten...<_< >_>

Originally was, if he got sick, he'd have to ask a girl out and avoid the last girl that he went all stupid for. Thing is, he apparently decided to just go ahead and do that anyway, so I'm having to think up new stakes due to the fact that we're 2 weeks into aging this White Castle in my fridge... we're not backing out now simply because the original stakes aren't there. (plus it's more scientific, as to whether he'll encounter ill-effects such as what I encountered when I ate the stuff I'd left over spring break in my fridge... well, at least the fridge was on over spring break...haha.)

...yesterday I didn't get to sleep until around 9 AM. I woke up around 5 PM. That was not fun at all.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-04-07 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

...yesterday I didn't get to sleep until around 9 AM. I woke up around 5 PM. That was not fun at all.
    Sleepin' nine to five
    Not a way to make a livin'

Obvious parody is obvious.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

You guys can sleep 8 to 12 hours straight?

Drat, I'm jealous now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmm. I think the main problem has been a lack of overall focus on any of the topics that have come up within the thread.
    Well, I tried. Seriously, I'm disappointed. After that link I posted, I expected at least one page of comments along the lines of "Squee!" "OMG I want to go there," etc.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."