New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sailors on the Astral Sea (Group 1 IC)

Orianna nods.

"I do serve one of the old gods. It was a paladin of Pelor who saved me from becoming a deluded slave to Asmodeus like my parents were, and I have followed in that paladin's footsteps ever since. You have devoted yourself to Corellon, and he has rewarded you handsomely. We are not so different, Lord Duskmoon.

But you and I, we are the exception, not the norm. Most tieflings that I have met have given up their trust in the gods, or they are too trusting and drawn into the arms of the Nine Hells. I have made attempts at proselytizing in Pelor's name, and all have failed. Most of the responses I recieved were something along the lines of "What has Pelor ever done for us?" or "Pelor doesn't care a whit about us devilspawn." The cultists of Asmodeus I have fought against many times turned to him because they believed he was the only god who cared about them.

I do not do this out of ambition, Duskmoon. I do it because if I do not then the tieflings will wander aimlessly and the curse will never be broken. The tieflings are not ignorant of the other gods. They do not worship them because they believe that they do not care about the tiefling race as a whole. Every eladrin and elf can take comfort in the fact that Corellon or Sehanine watches over them. Every dwarf knows that Moradin will care for them and watch over the legacy they leave. What god do tieflings have to turn to? No one but Asmodeus, and those who are sane enough to avoid his temptations, like you and I, have no god on our side. Yes, the gods of good may be sympathetic to tieflings, but only individual tieflings. Did Corellon devote himself to a cure for our people because of your friendship with him? No. He gave you a small keep where you can research as you please. Does Pelor inspire the other tieflings to acts of mercy and goodness because I worship him. No. All he can do is provide strength to me.

The tieflings need a god who cares about them. One who will not waste any effort in curing them of their affliction. The other gods mean well, but their attentions are divided, whether it is on their divine duties or on the peoples they favor. No other tiefling has attempted what I am attempting here. I mean to give the tiefling race the god it needs. My own ambitions are nothing compared to that. You say I would be better served by bringing more tieflings to worship the other gods. Why have you not done the same? You hide in your fortress poring over old tomes, and working feverishly for something you know you cannot obtain on your own. You claim that even the gods themselves cannot eradicate the taint. How will you succeed where they failed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I'm sucking at Diplomacy, I'm gonna try a different approach.

Insight Check: (1d20+21)[12](33)

Well, it's not a 20 or anything, but at least it's higher than 10.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2009-04-29 at 08:24 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Vail looks at the warlock, and then purses his lips.

"You and I, Duskmoon, are cut from the same material. Men of intellect and arcana, problem-solvers. We take information and we apply it, and it shapes the situation to our liking. But Orianna...she understands the heart. Her solution is one of guidance, inspiration, and stewardship. Perhaps where the solutions you and I might create fall short, hers will succeed. Perhaps it is a combination of intellect and passionate emotion that is needed to inspire your race to redemption. I urge you, as one man of intellect to another, do not simply dismiss her."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy (1d20+16)[19] Ideally an Aid Another for Orianna, but if it has to stand alone, I'll live with that.

"You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Riya tries to identify the creature, that may very well act as a guard dog or defense against unwanted guests, with her sharp senses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+27)[40]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rylatar

Rylatar keeps quiet, this is not his arena, and he is well aware of it. So he takes the opportunity to examine the area and Duskmoon's manner.

Spoiler
    Show

@NecroRebel: It's alright, I understand.

Perception-(d20+21)[38]
    Insight-(d20+13)[32]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

He glowers darkly over the table at Orianna and Vail, obviously displeased that they would dare claim that he is not doing enough for the tiefling race. "You claim that you would focus your attention entirely on one race? Why do you think none of the gods have before? They have other duties; even if you think you will become only Goddess of Tieflings, you are mistaken. Besides that, what would you have me do? You say you need information about some ancient ritual that I have never heard of. Why have you come to me with this request? Why are you not between the Darkened Pillars even now, searching for the means to awaken them again, instead of wasting my time? Do you truly think that I would hide such a thing? Do you think I would not ask my god's aid in using it if it could help my cause? Why do you think this ritual even exists?"

Riya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Focusing your gaze into and through the tides of magic that cover it, you manage to discern the true form of the creature hiding within the mirage, for mirage it is. Appropriately, the thing is the dragon who you had met back in the forests, Esinokar, lying squeezed up tightly to make itself seem smaller than it is.

Rylatar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The table in the study part of the room is shrouded in illusion, though you cannot manage to see through it quite so easily.

A successful Arcana check would allow you to pierce the illusion and see what may be behind it.

6. - Top - End - #156

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana-(d20+11)[27]
    It's a long shot, but maybe...

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Atropos reamins unflinchingly calm under Duskmoon's outburst, not even twitching the slightest towards his weapon.
    "The Blazing Empress my well acquire other domains, but it is our kin upon which she woud levy the majority of her attentions. We know the Gods may die and mortals may rise to Godhood. We're just seeking fragments of the 'how'. If you have even the smallest fragment, we wish to know it. This is a chance to take your tireless dedication and research and apply it in the field, for all your magics and studies to de as they were intended to. Why do you fight it so?"

Spoiler
    Show
    religion - (1d20+11)[28] To see if he knows about the Raven Queen's becoming a god after killing Nerull.
    bluff - (1d20+23)[32] In case Atropos doesn't know its possible.
    diplomacy - (1d20+16)[32] For all sorts of diplomatic reasons.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

"To answer your last question, because Lady Ioun herself believes the ritual exists and if it does, it may be forgotten or hidden, perhaps within an ancient tome inside these very walls. Your work and dedication honor you, Duskmoon, and I ask the following without any kind of derision and you will know because I believe you to be easily intelligent enough to do so: Is there the possibility that you may have forgotten about or ignored tomes because they do not directly help your work? I only seek a peaceful solution to this exchange and you may mistrust us or have been warned by the fey, as evidenced by Esinokar's presence, so I can not do more than respectfully ask for permission to search for knowledge within Gloaminghold."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what this falls under, but I'll go for Insight, as it basically just asking about a possibility Duskmoon maybe hasn't considered yet because of his own motivation and trying to make him understand how and why Riya asks.

Insight check (1d20+27)[37]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Orianna looks Duskmoon in the eye, and waits for his answer.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Duskmoon continues to stare coldly at the party until the dragon's name is mentioned. When Riya reveals that she was aware of its presence, though, he gives a start, and then smiles as he steps back, away from the 'table.' "You noticed her? You surprise me... You might as well show yourself, Us'trater'ekess'ca'esinokarthel; it doesn't appear that you can hide from these people."

With obvious reluctance, the table seems to shimmer, flicker, and stretch, the mirage melting away to reveal the same dragon from back in the clearing, Esinokar. She uncurls and stands, mane bristling as she puts herself between you and the warlock, head low to the ground, growling her displeasure at being forced to reveal her presence. "Their motivations do not matter, Lord; they still are heretics to believe themselves worthy of attaining godhood. We should destroy them now."

The tiefling is stills her with a hand on her flank. "No, my friend; they will likely learn the folly of their ways eventually, but if they are successful, what we have searched for may even find another patron." To you, he concludes, "Very well. If you wish to search my library for your 'smallest fragment,' do so. I would suggest that you not mention to my servants why you are looking for such a thing, though; the elves here love Corellon, and neither they nor His angels would be as willing to let you go as I."

Rylatar
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you would have been able to get through the mirage (it was DC 25), it's a bit of a moot point now, since the dragon that was hiding there has shown herself.

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    First mini-"dungeon" is now effectively complete, so level up!

Please post what changes you make in the OOC thread, including feat and power choice, anything (powers or feats) that you might have retrained, and also HP and skill/attack/defense increases (for the latter you can just say that everything increased due to 1/2 level or somesuch rather than listing every individual thing.

Oh, it's also technically a milestone at this point, though depending on skill checks - Arcana, Religion, and Perception to look through the library for likely tomes for the ritual's location, Diplomacy, Bluff, and Insight to get help from the staff without alerting them of your true purpose, and anything else that you can suggest that may be useful for the searchthat I may not have thought of - you may end up taking an extended rest before the next encounter anyway.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Riya bows. "Thank you." she says in a respectful tone, as, again, elaborate sentences are neither needed nor appropiate, before proceeding to search the libraries for the ritual, fragments of it or clues of it's location. As they are guests in Gloaminghold, the Dying Light treats every inhabitant of this place well (she doesn't see herself as superior just because she is powerful), something she recommends the others to do as well ("Mind your manners, for we are now guests in another's home."). She also reassures Duskmoon's servants that their lord wouldn't permit them to peruse his grand library if the outcome would harm them, him, Corellon's servants or the god himself (which is the truth, just not all of it, and directed at their sense of servitude and duty). Riya is willing to take the workload all by herself if the others want a break, but coordinates the research if they help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Update in the OOC thread. I assume this is another skill challenge.

Research
    Arcana (1d20+24)[37]
    History (1d20+26)[45]
    Perception (1d20+28)[35]
    Religion (1d20+26)[29]

Servants
    Insight (1d20+28)[38]
    (Riya is really good at the "search your feelings" kind of thing)

I wonder if Consult Mystic Sages and Consult Oracle are usable in this situation.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-05-02 at 03:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Rylatar

Rylatar walks through the library, his motions made in such a way as to convince the inhabitants of the library that he is by no means a real drow, simply an illusion made by one of the more mischievous fey spirits, as he searches for the required tome.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff-(d20+21)[25]
    Diplomacy-(d20+16)[27]
    Insight-(d20+14)[23]

Stealth to help convince them he's an illusion.
    (d20+26)[46]

To hide true intent.

Perception-(d20+22)[26]
    To find what looking for.

EDIT: Well he may not be able to convcince them, but they may never notice he's there...
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2009-05-02 at 04:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Orianna bows to Duskmoon.

"Thank you, Lord Duskmoon. You will not regret your decisions this day. I promise."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Vail bows wordlessly to the warlock, and wanders into the library, looking hopeful.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, rolls:

History, to discern which ancient writers might have info on the pillars or the god that once claimed them, and/or to do some research. (1d20+24)[36]

Religion, untrained, to help with research. (1d20+17)[18]

Intimidate, either to help with getting information, or to just keep Duskmoon's servants from getting too curious. A tall, sword-wielding Eladrin putting his hand on a blade while straightening his back can work wonders for murdering curiousity. (1d20+22)[34]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Atropos leaves the chamber wordlessley and sets about not the library, but rather the servan'ts quarters.
    "I am an old friend of Lord Duskmoon." He declares to any servants he finds.
    "I need you to help me out, and sepnd what time you can spare researching information that could be used to help a being who posseses a Divine Spark ascend to Godhood. This is very important to me, and your Lord has graciously offered his assitance in this endeavour. Please report all your findings directly to me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love bluffing - (1d20+24)[29]
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2009-05-04 at 09:20 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if Consult Mystic Sages and Consult Oracle are usable in this situation.
    Probably not; both require that someone living to know the information you seek to know, and no one knows if the ritual you seek is in Gloaminghold or where it might be if it is.

Loremaster's Bargain might work, though I don't believe you have that one since it's level 22 and you just now got to 22, but it also might not. I have a campaign to run, after all; I can't just tell you how it goes just because you asked nicely

While you entreaty many servants to aid you in searching for the ritual, most refuse to help at all, and those that do do not for long; one of the servants, probably the seneschal, comes in and, after a quick whispered conversation with those who are looking through the various tomes, they all leave. It seems someone high-up is looking to hinder your progress, though no one in your party hears anyone mentioning the Lord of the Manor's name.

The library is a large one, and, despite some attempts at organization by the inhabitants, fairly difficult to find one's way around in. While between you, you recognize the titles of most of the books, there are also those tomes that are unmarked or unique among the Planes. It is these that you focus your search on.

Most of the writings that are actually of interest to you quickly turn out to be useless; they have no ritual diagrams, are histories of the mundane worlds or of the lower planes, or are simply incomplete or wasted, though there are a few minor rituals among the wasted pages. It takes nearly two weeks to go through all of the books to see if there is anything of interest, and in the end only one thing is found: the first volume of the history of an unnamed, ancient nation in the natural world, ending just after the death of its last, also-unnamed, Queen. The Queen of Ravens, she is called, but the interesting part is that she was indeed the mortal who would later become the Goddess of Death. Still, it says little about her life, and only says that the story of how her most loyal Knights aided her in taking the realm of the former God of Death Nerull once he was dead, as well as her ascension, is told in the next volume.

Despite the lack of true information about the ritual you seek, the fact that independent confirmation that it is possible to take the realm of a god and ascend afterwards at least shows that your quest is not entirely in vain.

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those of you who have Ritual Casting can master rituals whose total level does not exceed 30, as long as the level of any one ritual does not exceed 20. That's 30 levels apiece, not between you, by the way.

I figure I should start handing out some treasure, since you're a level up from where you are and haven't gotten any yet. It might seem a bit monty hall for a bit, here

Also, still waiting for level up from Thanatos in the OOC thread.

Riya
    Spoiler
    Show
    At intermittent times during the days spent researching, you notice the tell-tale blur of a scrying sensor in the air around you or your allies. It seems that Duskmoon is taking an interest in your studies and watching you closely during this time.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Just like Lady Ioun said, it is possible." Riya shows the tome to the others when no servants are near. "While this one only mentions the Raven Queen when she was still a mortal, the next in the series describes her knights and her ascension when she took Nerull's astral dominion. Duskmoon likely already knows that we found something, as he watched us during the past weeks. We should talk to him personally." Riya puts any other tomes lying on the tables back where they were before and goes to find Duskmoon, taking the tome with her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleeping memories came back to the surface. Riya mastered Create Teleportation Circle, Shadow Passage, Object Reading and Last Sight Vision.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-05-05 at 09:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Orianna nods at Riya's suggestion and smiles. She'd struggled to search for clues but had found nothing at all.

"Riya, would you or one of the others mind presenting our findings to Lord Duskmoon? I feel that if I open my mouth it will only anger him more."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

"The question, however, is where we go from here." Atropos said off-handedly, moving into a standing position.
    "I somehow doubt that the Raven Queen will be accomadating to a bunch of Adventurer's looking to see how, exactly, she attained power. Is that just arisk we'll have to take?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

"I do not know if the Raven Queen herself will be as accomodating as Ioun was. What we know from our research here is that it's possible. What were the other locations Ioun mentioned? If we do not visit the Raven Queen, perhaps we should investigate in those places instead."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course." Riya answers Orianna's question about talking to Duskmoon. When asked about the other locations Ioun mentioned it doesn't take the deva long to remember thanks to her nearly memory. "Lady Ioun mentioned Vecna's temple somewhere in Pandemonium, the Nine Hells and the desert of Shom, although she was fairly certain that the latter does not hold the knowledge we seek. Travelling to the Shadowfell to seek an audience with the Raven Queen is another possibility and one that at least seems preferable to intruding in the lich-god's or the Lords of the Nine's territory, respectively."

Spoiler
    Show
    Riya going to see Duskmoon is still in effect even if Riya keeps talking with the others beforehand, btw.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-05-05 at 09:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

As a group, you go find Duskmoon in his chambers where he spends most of his time when he is not in his study. He is clearly interested in your findings, though he doesn't seem quite as surprised as he might, probably due to his survelliance over the past weeks. Still, he congratulates you on finding at least something towards your quest.

He seems to ponder a moment once you are done explaining what you found, then says, "I seem to remember that book. I took it from a cult of Orcus that I helped destroy, decades ago; they believed that they would be able to find out which nation it was the history of by comparing it to other books, and when they knew that they felt they could learn the Raven Queen's true name. I thought it was foolish at the time, but they were seeking the next volume as well. It certainly isn't in the mortal realm, though, as they looked throughout it, and I do not expect it would be found in the Shadowfell, as Orcus has too many minions there. It would have to be somewhere where the minions of Orcus would have a hard time going... But that could be most anywhere in the Planes."

It is at that moment that desperate shouting is heard outside the chamber door, followed by the door bursting open. The seneschal is futilely attempting to push back a group of armed men, twenty strong. Their leader, wings resplendent with their own light, is a mighty Angel, and speaks loudly, demanding, "Lord Duskmoon! These people are heretics and apostates. They must be exterminated."

The Warlock steps between you and the invaders, replying, "These people are my guests. Why have you come here, and why do you believe them to be against the gods?"

As he speaks, though, a flutter of wind streams by from behind. Turning, you see another group, wearing similar armor and weapons, standing on the other side of the now very cramped room. This party is only half as large as the first, but it, too, is commanded by a similar immortal. The rest are mostly Eladrin warriors. Duskmoon swears softly, but then startles suddenly. You sense now yet another presence, this one familiar: the mirage dragon Esinokar has appeared again, obviously having hidden in one of the adjoining rooms. She can only poke her head through the nearest doorway, but this she does, announcing "I have summoned them to deal with this problem that you will not, Lord. Help us destroy them, as they so rightly deserve."

Duskmoon sighs softly, but then angrily turns on the dragon. "In honor of our old friendship, I will not slay you for this insult, Esinokar. However, I will not help you harm my guests, either. If you survive this battle - and having seen them more during these past weeks, I do not expect you will - leave my home, and never return." To you, he continues, "Do not worry about angering the gods; these are a splinter group of zealots that do not have any blessings. I will not aid you in battle here, but nor will I attack. Please try not to damage my home too much." With that, he calls shadow and light about himself, slows into the floor, and vanishes without a trace.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can try to negotiate with the religious fanatics that have come to kill you if you'd like, or you can roll initiative and start combat. I'll have a battle map up sometime if it's needed, probably tomorrow, but if enough people post initiative by tonight I'll try to get it up sooner.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Khrasenn, formerly simply taking advantage of his host's hospitality while his allies searched for the scraps of the ritual (he has never been that handy with books), now looks at his accusers, his golden eyes and stripes flashing with anger, standing out brilliantly against his blood red scales. The sigils on his armor, shield, and sword flare out in the shape of a dragon's head... the Holy Symbol of Bahamut.
    "I do not know what heresy you accuse me or my allies of, nor do I know by which authority you accuse us. But know this: I know that my allies and I stand on the side of Justice. Which side do you stand on? And which side should you stand with?"

Diplomacy: (1d20+25)[32]
    Initiative: (1d20+20)[21] (Includes a +6 bonus from the warlord)
    INITIATIVE FAIL!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2009-05-05 at 09:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Orianna draws her own sword, it flaring up with radiant light, while she brandishes the holy symbol she carries, the sunburst that can only be Pelor's.

"I demand to know why wou would accuse us of such treachery. Khrasenn is a loyal servant of Bahamut, and a dear friend of mine. Riya has served the gods since she first existed. I myself bear the word of the Sun God in my heart and in my soul. You would DARE accuse us of heresy? You would DARE to say we are the very evils we try to stamp out?! ANSWER ME!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: (1d20+25)[16](41)

Inititative: (1d20+22)[8](30) (Including the +6 from Vail)

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Vail

"Brothers! Let the dragon's lies not corrupt you--Duskmoon's behavior should be proof enough. I am a warrior of the eladrin just like you, and I will defend my honor if you dare to challenge it. I warn you...do not press me, or you will deserve the fate you receive." Vail's hand falls to his sword hilt, and he glares around the room. Perhaps even if he does not manage to stop the entire battle, he can sway some of his honorable eladrin comrades into turning away from battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+22)[33]

Initiative: (1d20+22)[42]

OOC: Mando, check the OOC thread and get an initiative reroll with a bonus. :)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Riya sighs. Then, she speaks mainly to the angel, due to the grave insult coming from one of her former kin, not from a dragon to young to comprehend what he said. "You, of all beings of the planes, you whose kind fought alongside the gods against the primordials, accuse me, one of your kin who choose to bind herself to mortal flesh to be able to serve the gods even better, of betraying my reason of existance. I have bled and died countless times for the gods and life itself, going on to wield Lord Bahamut's gift, a shard of his own power, against evil, and I never have faltered. And you accuse me of becoming a rakshasa. I will not tolerate this. It saddens me that you want meaningless bloodshed." With this, Riya grasps her white staff with both hands and deep blue light begins to shine brightly from the sphere embedded in it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight check to make the angel (and to a lesser extent, all the others) comprehend what in the hells he just accused Riya of.
    (1d20+28)[45]

Initiative rolls with Danger Sense and +6 from Vail
    (1d20+26)[31]
    (1d20+26)[29]

edit: I use Shroud of Warning, so I and everyone else gets another +10 to initiative. So Init 41 for Riya.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-05-06 at 02:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Rylatar

Rylatar walked over to Vail, and went to embrace him. "Brother" He hissed, "This has gone too far, being unarmed will benefit me no longer."
    When he pulled away, his weapons were no longer in Vail's possession, but back in their hidden sheaths. His hands remained open by his side. And he went to stand behind Vail.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative-(d20+61)[8](69) [25 (basic)+6(Vail)+10(Riya)+20(Seize the Moment)]
    Thievery(To avoid being noticed while retrieving weapons)-(d20+23)[34]
    Stealth (For same)-(d20+26)[46]
    Perception-(d20+22)[40]
    Bluff (To make them think Rylatar has no wish to fight)-(d20+21)[24]
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2009-05-06 at 03:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

The dragon roars "They wish to steal divinity!"

The rest of the enemies present shout back, almost as if it is a litany for them, "Divinity is for the divines! For the gods!" as they draw blades and heft cudgels. The seneschal pushes through them and flees, crying in terror, as the assailants rush forward en masse.

Battle is joined.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still waiting for Thanatos to do Atropos's initiative roll, but it doesn't really matter. With you guys' ludicrous initiative bonuses, they're automatically going last. It's just a matter of what order I resolve your actions in rather than who goes before them or after.

Anyway, battle map:
    For this time, black squares are walls; DC 16 Strength checks or 25 damage to bust through a square, turning them into rubble.
    Grey squares are various furnishings, mostly tables and chairs.
    It takes 2 movement to move onto a set, but moving off takes 1. If furniture takes damage, it turns into rubble.
    Brown squares are rubble; difficult terrain. There is not currently any, but as your fight wrecks up the place some will appear.

Fanatics 1, 2, and 3 and Zealots 1, 2, and 4 are Eladrin, but used their Fey Step to get into the room. The Angels and Esinokar should be self-explanatory. The rest of the Fanatics and the other Zealot are mixed Fey, as are the undisplayed multitude of rabble.

Fanatics are intended to represent veteran Fey warriors and elites. Zealots are more like sergeants in this little force, being higher-ranked and more powerful, while the angels are the top of the chain of command. The dragon is sort of outside the command structure, but otherwise is allied to them.

There are technically more enemies than actually show up on the map, but they're trivial. They'll probably get wiped out during your first set of actions, even if you don't try to slaughter them.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to post your first round's actions at this point. Enemies might die before you get to them, but they won't be moving except via forced movement.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Indeed. Divinity for the divine. If one is a demidivinity himself, does he not have the right to pursue his second nature? Do we not have a right to pursue what was given us through our nature?"

Undaunted by the opponents, Goldclaw marches forward, facing a group headed by one of the angels. Suddenly, the radiance of his body is absorbed by the flames near his mouth, and the wrath of a dragon surges towards his foes. Almost as soon as that finishes, his sword flashes out of its scabbard, striking the angel's nearest allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to P7 in a manner that avoids OAs.
    Minor: Dragon Breath squares O4 through Q6 (hitting Angel 1, Fanatic 1, and Zealots 1 & 4)
    Attack rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    vs Reflex
    On Angel 1: (1d20+26)[32]
    On Fanatic 1: (1d20+26)[30]
    On Zealot 1: (1d20+26)[27]
    On Zealot 4: (1d20+26)[31]

Hit: (3d10+7)[14] fire damage, enemies with fire resistance have effectively 2 less resistance against the attack. (Breaching Gauntlets)
    Standard: Whirlwind Smite on Zealots 1 & 4.
    Attack rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    vs AC
    Zealot 1: (1d20+27)[35]
    Zealot 4: (1d20+27)[39]

Hit: marked by Goldclaw until the end of his next turn, (3d10+17)[40] fire damage (again, -2 resistances, if any).

...Take that, bad rolls! My modifiers are high enough to make all but the natural 1 hit even the angel!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2009-05-06 at 08:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Vail looks over at the mirage dragon, and glares.

"You! Dragon! You have made a tactical error, challenging my honor. You wish to show that I do not serve the will of the gods? Then prove it in battle! "

With that, he surges forward, unsheathing his blade in the process, and with a single, calculated blow, slices forward at the mighty beast. His move seems reckless, but is actually a calculated maneuver to expose himself as a tempting target. Even as he looks vulnerable, however, his form begins to blur.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Vail moves to H12, blocking the doorway.

Minor: Vail activates his Displacer Hide Armor power
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action. Any enemy making a melee or ranged attack against you must roll two d20s for the attack roll and use the lower result.
    This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.
    Property: Resist 10 lightning.

Standard: Warlord's Gambit Daily Power on Esinokar
    Spoiler
    Show

Daily ✦ Martial, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Strength vs. AC
    Hit: 4[W] + Strength modifier damage.
    Effect: The target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage
    rolls against you until the end of the encounter. When the
    target attacks you, an ally of your choice within a number of
    squares equal to your Intelligence modifier can make a basic
    attack against the target as an immediate interrupt.

Str vs AC: (1d20+26)[35]
    Damage: (4d8+12)[27]

Regardless of whether this attack hits, any time Esinokar attacks Vail, an ally within 6 squares can make a basic attack, ranged or melee, against it, with a +1 bonus to the attack roll from the lend might feat. I'm looking at you, Rylatar and your beautiful beautiful ranged basic attack.