New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Mad doesn't control TJH. X2 does. Talk to him.
    No, but I tend to believe that his character entrance is up to him. And every time I've asked X2 about the home base plot, he's left it pretty much up to me. I am trying as best I can to manage this section of the plotline and I have heard X2 himself ask when Chang is going to arrive, so I have reason to believe it has not been planned to be held off. I think that the best time to introduce the recurring Home Base antagonist is right at the end of this bossfight, which I will hope we can time to the other bossfight to end this chapter on the same page for each subplot.

Edit: And also "Nanobots did it" is Metal gear Solid's version of "A wizard did it"
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-06-06 at 09:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Chang is Mad's character, so it's up to him when he introduces it.
    Whoops, my mistake. I thought he was talking about the four-armed demon guy who just appeared.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-06 at 09:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

@Bright: Is it okay for White to kick that thing away from Deb? (this doesn't ruin Deb's epic moment just saves her from the attack from behind) It would be fun to actually have her do something (before she's coming with the field team)

EDIT: For the record; Those long pieces of hair are antennae (like bugs just not as creepy) and are supposed to be really long (she uses them as hands too)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-06 at 09:45 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    @Bright: Is it okay for White to kick that thing away from Deb? (this doesn't ruin Deb's epic moment just saves her from the attack from behind) It would be fun to actually have her do something (before she's coming with the field team)

EDIT: For the record; Those long pieces of hair are antennae (like bugs just not as creepy) and are supposed to be really long (she uses them as hands too)
    Go ahead. Just remember that it's blue. Because I'm drawing colourless stuff now, I'm not so fussed if colours are off - just so long as my coloured Katya avatar is looked at for reference.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Barbarian in the Playground

It wasn't random. I posted it because of the list.
    And Platinum's okay. I like a lot of the in-game features. But I can't wait for soulsilver to come out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, just for a little aid in making Katya speak in comics (Not that my half-hearted accent is really that difficult).

Wuh sounds, like in What, become Vs. Vhat. (See also, White becomes Vhite.)
    The, this, those, that, etc get Zs and become ze, zis, zose and zat. Effectively turning TH into Z.

Just a little guide for those who might need it.

Edit: And don't forget to subsitute Yes with Da. Perhaps even No with Nyet.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-06-06 at 10:01 AM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Also, just for a little aid in making Katya speak in comics (Not that my half-hearted accent is really that difficult).

Wuh sounds, like in What, become Vs. Vhat. (See also, White becomes Vhite.)
    The, this, those, that, etc get Zs and become ze, zis, zose and zat. Effectively turning TH into Z.

Thankz for ze guide, vhanker.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

You're velcome.

(And da, I am aware of ze insult in zat post.)
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-06-06 at 10:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    And Platinum's okay. I like a lot of the in-game features. But I can't wait for soulsilver to come out.
    I think many of the features over complicate the game.
    But Soulsilver looks like it might get me playing again, revisiting Johto memories...
    And the Pikachu mechanic from Yellow looks like it might be fun. I mean, if your Pokémon is your best friend, why do you keep it trapped in a tiny sphere when it's not engaged in combat? Hopefully it'll apply to the top pokémon in your party, not just your starter, although having an Onix on screen might be a bit cumbersome...

And is that some kind of Metroid on Soul's head?

Would you substitute "wuh" for "vuh" as well? It's the stereotypical thing to do (think "nuclear wessels").

He said "th" is pronounced "z", not "s". It should be "zanks for ze guide".

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Would you substitute "wuh" for "vuh" as well? It's the stereotypical thing to do (think "nuclear wessels").
    I'm a little lost here, what do you mean? I subtitute like that in "What", don't I?

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think the tank is really limiting the progress of our plot. With our current protagonists, the tank is just too great a challenge. It's too strong for a boss fight for "level ones" (I mean that the heroes haven't really done much, so they don't have a lot of epicness to fall back on and help them save the day).

I mean, I would make a comic of Shadesworth using his boxing glove against it but...it's a freaking tank. That would be stupid. It's like, on Lost, where Ben kills Jacob, a god-like entitiy, with a friggen knife. It's effective (hopefully. We won't know for sure until the next season, though) but it's so very anticlimactic and stupid.
    I Find this amusing, considering earlier you seemed to have no problem with Shadesworth using his boxing glove to take on a fortress, but that's water under a bridge, so I shouldn't bring it up.

Anyway, as you mentioned, Xavik is sticking out of the tank. He's fast, but not impossibly so, and the tank itself isn't invincible. Besides, it looks like Xarty has some supermethod for handling it, and if that fails, there is always the environmental takedown. You're in a hanger bay, maybe you find some crates full of ammunition and throw it at the tank, or you find another, currently deactivated tank, and use it to ram the Smoke and Mirrors (Might be tricky, because the tanks are built for machinists, and everybody in the away team is bigger than you're average machinist). Think outside the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Anyway, as you mentioned, Xavik is sticking out of the tank. He's fast, but not impossibly so, and the tank itself isn't invincible. Besides, it looks like Xarty has some supermethod for handling it, and if that fails, there is always the environmental takedown. You're in a hanger bay, maybe you find some crates full of ammunition and throw it at the tank, or you find another, currently deactivated tank, and use it to ram the Smoke and Mirrors (Might be tricky, because the tanks are built for machinists, and everybody in the away team is bigger than you're average machinist). Think outside the box.
    Hmmmmm.

*thinks*

I might make a comic later, if X2's plan fails for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a little lost here, what do you mean? I subtitute like that in "What", don't I?
    While a Russian accent will convert "w" to "v", and so Russians will attempt to compensate, and force the "w" sound. This can slip at times, and so some Russian people can end up switching "w" and "v" ("it's vhere they keep the nuclear wessels").

It's very rare for this to happen, but it's vaguely stereotypical.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Grim?
    Now that shades is finally dead, we should probably end the fight.....well, could you give us a ride to the party afterwards?
    Umm...how would GR and TnD know that shades is dead? Telepathic abilities? Go figure

Besides, GR is going to be villain in FI, so it would not quite stick to his character to give you a lift to the party. Also, I was thinking of you four (?) taking out the mech and having some epic close combat and escape manouver, but right now it seems such plans are going to be stalled. Thoughts?

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Go ahead. Just remember that it's blue. Because I'm drawing colourless stuff now, I'm not so fussed if colours are off - just so long as my coloured Katya avatar is looked at for reference.
    I'm trying to learn to draw better in EGS-style so I might not use color either.

Also: I thought it was "Niet" (maybe it's because Danish and English pronounce "I" and"Y" different than each other)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Banned

I actually like Rand's idea. He strikes me as the guy who doesn't quite understand what's going on, but is trying to fix it anyways. Like the cliche law enforcement of any fantasy/Sci-Fi/conspiracy movie: They try to make things better, but they blame the wrong guy and end up making things worse. Here's how I see it: Rand is scrying on the main group, which fades into the distance as we focus on Rand. He doesn't want Lying starting another war, and thinks he takes too many risks to lead a nation. He casts the spell, and is sad only that the poison won't spread faster. But it will come eventually. END OF PLOT.
    /random speculation.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to learn to draw better in EGS-style so I might not use color either.

Also: I thought it was "Niet" (maybe it's because Danish and English pronounce "I" and"Y" different than each other)
    The Russian for no is нет, which is pronounced similarly to "nyet". "Niet" would be similar, but "nyet" is the most common spelling.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Umm...how would GR and TnD know that shades is dead? Telepathic abilities? Go figure

Besides, GR is going to be villain in FI, so it would not quite stick to his character to give you a lift to the party. Also, I was thinking of you four (?) taking out the mech and having some epic close combat and escape manouver, but right now it seems such plans are going to be stalled. Thoughts?
    Awww, I knew you say something like that...nevermind then.

Maybe the robot could blast part of the fortress up somehow....it would catch attention of the heroes, then you can say something like "There is too many of them, let's retreat for now" and we'll have oportunity to join Lying and co. before they teleport away.....

Edit: or we can have epic fight, not joining lying and co. at all.....then there we can create some sideplot or rather side setting for FI.....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-06 at 11:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think that we should finish up the battle as quickly as possible, so that we can finally end FFF completely.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Holy crap! I forgot about my biggest meaningless hated ever! I forgot to add it to the list!

Well I will update the list.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The Russian for no is нет, which is pronounced similarly to "nyet". "Niet" would be similar, but "nyet" is the most common spelling.
    Not in Denmark I said! I made a mistake anyway we pronounce it "Njet"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #982

It's hard to tell proper pronunciation when english "e" is pronounced same way as Russian "i"....I had Russian for 2 years now and I'm native speaker of very similar language (Czech), so I know....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-06 at 11:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

It's hard to tell proper pronunciation when english "e" is pronounced same way as Russian "i"....I had Russian for 2 years now and I'm native speaker of very similar language (Czech), so I know....
    Where DO you live anyway?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, I should have said it was the most common spelling in English. However, I think that the "nyet" is still the most common, even if we add the Danish.

And "njet" would be pronounced closer to "nyet" than "niet" in English, at least it would how I'd say it. English pronunciation is very abstract, due the vast amounts of vocabulary we have stolen and perverted over the centuries.

Which pronunciation of "e"? Eh, ee, or perhaps silent?

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Awww, I knew you say something like that...nevermind then.

Maybe the robot could blast part of the fortress up somehow....it would catch attention of the heroes, then you can say something like "There is too many of them, let's retreat for now" and we'll have oportunity to join Lying and co. before they teleport away.....

Edit: or we can have epic fight, not joining lying and co. at all.....then there we can create some sideplot or rather side setting for FI.....
    I like the idea number 2, epic fight should definitely be in order. If you all agree on it, I have some ideas....

26. - Top - End - #986

Where DO you live anyway?
    As you can see in my profile, I'm from the "The Heart of Europe", which is just different way how to say Czech republic. That nickname has more to do with the way how our waters flow than the fact it is almost in the middle of Europe itself......Beautiful place indeed, but many countries don't like our tourits though

I'm not very good with languages as it is, so I'm not sure how many forms of "e" you actually use, but I mean "e" used in alphabet (examples: Be, been, Greek, create)

Does this help a bit?

I like the idea number 2, epic fight should definitely be in order. If you all agree on it, I have some ideas....
    Good
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-06 at 12:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    No, it's closed-circuit lead-up. Do whatever you want with the plot.
    Can you say 'self-contradiction'?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Sorry, I should have said it was the most common spelling in English. However, I think that the "nyet" is still the most common, even if we add the Danish.

And "njet" would be pronounced closer to "nyet" than "niet" in English, at least it would how I'd say it. English pronunciation is very abstract, due the vast amounts of vocabulary we have stolen and perverted over the centuries.

"Njet" is in Danish pronóunced like "Nyet" in English I believe.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #989

"Njet" is in Danish pronóunced like "Nyet" in English I believe.
    Redundant note:

"Njet" is exact pronunciation of "иет" in czech
    It can also be typed as "nět"
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-06 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Redundant note:

"Njet" is exact pronunciation of "иет" in czech
    It can also be typed as "nět"
    And mean?

Also; Cool, more people who aren't native English speakers.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-06 at 12:40 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.