New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1539
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Why doesn't he just teleport into Ins' quarters and kill him, then ?
    Why do you ask that about everybody? Maybe some people don't want to kill Ins!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

My theory concerning nameless, one I actually really like, is that there actually ARE limitations on what Nameless can do. To explain his usually passive status. He can get away with going OVER 9000! occasionally, but not constantly. However, nobody knows that, and considering his face is broken/hidden he gets a +80 bonus on bluff checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Why do you ask that about everybody? Maybe some people don't want to kill Ins!
    But isn't Nameless part of the ALF ?

EDIT: It's just that I don't like people who have nigh omnipotent main characters.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-16 at 04:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    But isn't Nameless part of the ALF ?
    Sure, but what if he doesn't want to kill Ins, but rather, just wants to have fun?

What if he only wants to bring the city out of his control and not kill him?

What if he does want to kill him, but doesn't do it instantly because of the challenge?

What if he only wants to throw rotten tomatoes at Ins rather then kill him?

All of these are possible options. Not everybody is out for everybody else's death.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sure, but what if he doesn't want to kill Ins, but rather, just wants to have fun?

What if he only wants to bring the city out of his control and not kill him?

What if he does want to kill him, but doesn't do it instantly because of the challenge?

What if he only wants to throw rotten tomatoes at Ins rather then kill him?

All of these are possible options. Not everybody is out for everybody else's death.
    Maybe Nameless has to let people die as they are fated to. For some people, they are fated to be killed by Nameless.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Maybe Nameless has to let people die as they are fated to. For some people, they are fated to be killed by Nameless.
    Ahhh, fate.
    Fate and death are very similar things. For death is the inevitable fate for all mortal beings (Unless they become immortal >.>)
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-07-16 at 04:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Ahhh, fate.
    Fate and death are very similar things. For death is the inevitable fate for all mortal beings (Unless they become immortal)
    How do you like my theory. Every day, Nameless checks his Palm Pilot O' Death or whatever. Lists the people he needs to collect that day and how they are supposed to die.
    "Lets see, falling flowerpot, killed by goblins, drowning, OOH A personal job! Fun times"
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Troll in the Playground

How do you like my theory. Every day, Nameless checks his Palm Pilot O' Death or whatever. Lists the people he needs to collect that day and how they are supposed to die.
    "Lets see, falling flowerpot, killed by goblins, drowning, OOH A personal job! Fun times"
    That's a bit cliche'. I think any Grim Reaper should instead have some internal sensor for these things instead of having it written down in a notepad or whatever.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's a bit cliche'. I think any Grim Reaper should instead have some internal sensor for these things instead of having it written down in a notepad or whatever.
    The Palm Pilot O' Death is a metaphor.
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Titan in the Playground

There's several reasons as to why Nameless just doesn't kill Ins. Some of you have hinted them it or almost got them, but no one has gotten the main reason. [/Mysterious tone]
    O_e
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-07-16 at 05:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Ogre in the Playground

Because he'll have more business if Ins is alive. Thereby providing him with more souls to fuel his soul-powered doomsday weapon?

What..? It seems plausible..

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Troll in the Playground

I have a question for Mad Mask:

Whenever the topic comes up, you always say "NO! UNA are ALWAYS as good as Jesus Christ and the evil ones are the Sovices", but couldn't there be any, you know, corrupt UNA officers? Just a few?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Whenever the topic comes up, you always say "NO! UNA are ALWAYS as good as Jesus Christ and the evil ones are the Sovices", but couldn't there be any, you know, corrupt UNA officers? Just a few?
    I got the impression that they just had good PR people. Or a Good Sinister PR conspiracy.
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's several reasons as to why Nameless just doesn't kill Ins. Some of you have hinted them it or almost got them, but no one has gotten the main reason. [/Mysterious tone]
    O_e
    Do you consider Ins to be alive and "reapable"?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got the impression that they just had good PR people. Or a Good Sinister PR conspiracy.
    Thats what They say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Do you consider Ins to be alive and "reapable"?
    its not about reaping. its about killing. Thats what im wondering about. As death hes supposed to reap but not to kill

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    its not about reaping. its about killing. Thats what im wondering about. As death hes supposed to reap but not to kill
    I can still kill not acting as Death.

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Ogre in the Playground

I can still kill not acting as Death.
    But abusing the power you have been given as death.

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, there are, like in every government. But in general, the public façade UNA is good enough to not deserve destruction without including the Sovices. Sponsored By Them™.

And it has a good PR campaign, too. That always helps.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-16 at 06:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Titan in the Playground

But abusing the power you have been given as death.
    My powers to reap the dead has nothing to do with my power to go around killing people.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Ogre in the Playground

My powers to reap the dead has nothing to do with my power to go around killing people.
    So all that healing and killing magic, portals, the omnipresence and the scythe are all your own stuff?
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-07-16 at 06:33 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Titan in the Playground

So all that healing and killing magic, portals, the omnipresence and the scythe are all your own stuff?
    Omnipresence, reaping powers and the scythe are the only real powers/equipment he was given as Death. The rest is other magic he learnt, some of which as a result of becoming Death.

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Ogre in the Playground

Omnipresence, reaping powers and the scythe are the only real powers/equipment he was given as Death. The rest is other magic he learnt, some of which as a result of becoming Death.
    Alright, butif he uses any of his death powers (mainly the scythe and hin omnipresence) as means to the end of killing (or actually any other thing thats not interacting with only dead souls), he's abusing them.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-07-16 at 06:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, butif he uses any of his death powers (mainly the scythe and hin omnipresence) as means to the end of killing (or actually any other thing thats not interacting with only dead souls), he's abusing them.
    Not really, there isn't anything to say he can't use them.

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really, there isn't anything to say he can't use them.
    So he got a free pass from god to do whatever the hack he pleases with the lives of anyone?

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Titan in the Playground

So he got a free pass from god to do whatever the hack he pleases with the lives of anyone?
    Not really. He can't go around taking away people's souls because he can only take them once they're already dead.
    If Nameless kills that person with let's say, a knife, then it's no different if Threeshades were to do it.
    He's a powerful spell caster too, but hey, He's had a long time to practice.

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

To be fair, Avbaroy's God appears to be chaotic neutral.

I mean, in a bit of lost canon, the reason Nameless doesn't keep the books of the dead up to date is because She alters the memos to look like junk mail.

And of course, there's, "Jesus is trying to eat me!" as Ins once said...

EDIT: Also, there may be some limits to what Nameless is allowed to do...

Also, he's probably too lazy to bother with the duel involved (hasn't Ins unlocked Lying's powers as an arcanist? )

As for why Squark doesn't do it... There are regulations on what he can and can't do as a god.

If he interferes that drastically, he is considered to have robbed mortals of their free will, which is one of the few things gods, collectively speaking, throughout out the omniverse (the collection of multiverses) can agree is a crime. And its a big one. The fact that Squark has no worshipers here wouldn't help matters.

And keep in mind that gods do have access to reset buttons, and are not above using Hitler's time travel exemption act against meddlers... That is to say, making things worse.

And I just ticked off Rand by linking to tvtropes...
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-16 at 07:12 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. He can't go around taking away people's souls because he can only take them once they're already dead.
    If Nameless kills that person with let's say, a knife, then it's no different if Threeshades were to do it.
    He's a powerful spell caster too, but hey, He's had a long time to practice.
    yes but as he said he's got a big shiny scythe, and he is everywhere and as far as i know he cant be killed himself, which combined with his own physical and magical abilities to kill he is practically unstoppable.

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Titan in the Playground

yes but as he said he's got a big shiny scythe, and he is everywhere and as far as i know he cant be killed himself, which combined with his own physical and magical abilities to kill he is practically unstoppable.
    Yes, but he doesn't go around randomly killing people, does he?

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yes, but he doesn't go around randomly killing people, does he?
    No, but he can be a bit... Trigger happy at times.

Still, as I said before, Avbaroy's God doesn't seem like the type to care...

EDIT: Another thing. Would anyone be interested in being the artist for a revived and revised Lizards & Labyrinths?. You know, my other webcomic that only ran for four strips before I abandoned it? PM me.

A brief blurb of what the basic theme is going to be: When Editions Collide (dealing with a world stuck in the limbo between 3.5 and 4e) I was thinking of following a couple of parties, just for the record.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-16 at 08:06 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe