Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k III - Hats for the Hat Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Hmmm...

1 Grey Knight Grand Master. 145
    1 Inquisitor Lord, 55 points of wargear. 100
    1 Cullexus Assassin. 105.
    4 Grey Knights, 2 Psycannons, Justicar. 200
    4 Grey Knights, 2 Psycannons, Justicar. 200.
    3 Grey Knight Land Raiders. 750.
    1500 points, 16 models.
    Emphasis mine. LOL.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Although technically correct, I don't think that counts either For the record, my army list goes:

Grand Master
    5x Terminators w/Brother Captain & Incinerator
    Grey Knights w/Justicar & 2x Psycannon
    Grey Knights w/Justicar & 2x Psycannon
    Orbital Bombardment (Melta)
    Total: 850ish

After kitting out the Grandmaster and Brother-Captain with wargear and psychic powers, it's as near 1000 points as I can afford to spend on models at the moment
    Last edited by Wraith; 2009-08-12 at 06:19 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    ...Like I said; Tau Codex is the only one I don't have. I thought Kroot were better than that because of Hounds and/or...Whatever the big ones are. Don't they also have double-weapons or something? My guardsmen get eaten (literally!) by Kroot squads...What're you doing wrong?
    The kroot hounds have I5 compared to the I3 of normal kroot. The kroot rifles count as 2 hand weapons for the extra attack, but hounds have 2 attacks base, so they have the same number of attacks. They both have the same WS, STR and T.
    Against genestealers the kroot will get wasted because the stealers have I6, against Eldar it will get messy because they both go on I5 (except banshees, but their power weapon advantage is lost against kroot and hounds anyway). Against virtually everything else the kroot hounds will go first. I think you needed about 5-6 kroot hounds to generate the wounds needed to be able to survive the attacks back, and the normal kroot would pick up a few more kills afterwards.

Against anything with I3 or lower the kroot will come out well because of a lot of attacks and a decent WS and Str. They will generally kill enough that their wounds back, even with no armor, is still going to give them a good chance of winning. Without the hounds greater I to lessen the enemies' attacks the kroot will have problems against any other close combat based unit.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

I played a game on VASSAL (awhile ago) where an observer told me "You need Banshee's, you have no CC units," to which I replied that I had Scorpions. He proceeded to tell me how bad Striking Scorpions were at CC. Frankly, the game proved him wrong.

The best way I can think to word it is that Assault Marines wish they were Scorpions. Sure, they have Jump Packs and T4, but between Infiltrate, an extra attack, I5, being cheaper, and the Exarch being way more epic than a Sergeant, do the Marines have hope?

To be honest, I guess it could be taken into account that one is Fast Attack and one is Elite, so depending on which other units you like, it may take up a slot you'd rather use for something else.

(Yes, I know that Banshees and Scorpions have completely different specialties. Just saying that this guy was wrong...

Someone was wrong on the internet. Scary, right?)
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2009-08-12 at 09:54 AM.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Considering the love just about all of the Eldar players on these boards have expressed for Striking Scorpions in the past, I don't think anybody here will contradict you.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

6. - Top - End - #276

For the record, aren't Assault Marines considered pretty sub-par anyways?

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, does anybody else find it... not unfluffy... maybe just... "wrong," that a Space Marine Captain/Chapter Master has higher WS than a Warboss. I think the Warboss should at least equal them, if not totally own (I am aware that his S, T, and A are pretty amazing in themselves, and his upgrade options can just make that better).

On that note, I do enjoy how the Avatar can outfight MOST demons (Bloodthirster still seems like it would take him). "I'm a big angry hate machine, I'll kill you because I'm angry!" "Ah, yes, but I'm pretty much a GOD OF WAR!" "Oh......"
    Last edited by Copper8642; 2009-08-12 at 10:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

From the eyes of someone on the outside looking in, Assault marines only have two things going for them: speed and Deep Strike. Speed can be attained by mounting a regular squad in a Rhino and Terminators do Deep Strike better anyway since you can't assault the turn to Deep Strike in.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    Edit: On a completely unrelated note, does anybody else find it... not unfluffy... maybe just... "wrong," that a Space Marine Captain/Chapter Master has higher WS than a Warboss. I think the Warboss should at least equal them, if not totally own (I am aware that his S, T, and A are pretty amazing in themselves, and his upgrade options can just make that better).
    Not really, a SMurf captain is a vetran of a few hundred years of combat, he probably knows every sword trick available and has fought almost every enemy out there a number of times, and won. The Ork wins his fight by being tougher than the other guy and clobbering him into the dirt and taking the returns head-on.
    Last edited by EleventhHour; 2009-08-12 at 10:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

9. - Top - End - #279

Yeah. Weapon Skill is quite literally how good they are with a weapon. SMs are highly disciplined and spend absurd amounts of time practicing or actually fighting. Orks win more by outlasting and getting very powerful blows.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #280

Makes sense, I guess. Da Warboss izn't too cunnin', but 'e's dead killy.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

So I literally got butchered by the orks earlier today. Had a good time but since he was finally able to deploy the green tide he always wanted I was pretty much flushed. I did use the list I posed since I had no time to get any vets nor Kantor. I think it would have been moderately better if I had used the vindicator instead of the termies, since they never arrived as I was completely whipped on turn 4. the shame.

Anyhow, once this marine project is finished which should be quite soon, considering fielding all I have of marines would put me well past 15 I think. But I like to have some nice options.

Anyhow, I think that my next project will be a khornate deamon army. Probably going to experiment with dipping on this one doe to the large same colournes of bloodlethers.

Any suggestions on good list at 1000 and 15000 points? I was planning on going pure khorne as that would be far cheapest money wise, hhorne has the cheapest models that are the most point expansive when taken average.

I might just get the FW things tough.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Any suggestions on good list at 1000 and 15000 points?
    I hope that was a typo.

13. - Top - End - #283

So I literally got butchered by the orks earlier today. Had a good time but since he was finally able to deploy the green tide he always wanted I was pretty much flushed. I did use the list I posed since I had no time to get any vets nor Kantor. I think it would have been moderately better if I had used the vindicator instead of the termies, since they never arrived as I was completely whipped on turn 4. the shame.

Anyhow, once this marine project is finished which should be quite soon, considering fielding all I have of marines would put me well past 15 I think. But I like to have some nice options.

Anyhow, I think that my next project will be a khornate deamon army. Probably going to experiment with dipping on this one doe to the large same colournes of bloodlethers.

Any suggestions on good list at 1000 and 15000 points? I was planning on going pure khorne as that would be far cheapest money wise, hhorne has the cheapest models that are the most point expansive when taken average.

I might just get the FW things tough.
    Guy I play against usually has at least one unit of 20 Bloodletters led by Skulltaker. It's brutal. He doesn't go pure Khorne, though, usually deploying at full unit of Plaguebearers and a unit of 3 Flamers (HATE!)

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by JMobius View Post
    I hope that was a typo.
    Freudian slip perhaps, but yes it was a typo.

1.75 euro/model 16 pts/model bloodletters
    4.00 euro/model 15pts/model plaguebearers

Call me cheap but that’s a big difference there. Especially when fielding a full (20) squad.

I do have to say tough that feel no pain is very nice, as is T5. But if I take more then 1 power i would need to get a even split to be satified myself, just fluf wise, and that would cost a bit more considering.
    Last edited by YPU; 2009-08-12 at 01:46 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #285

Freudian slip perhaps, but yes it was a typo.

1.75 euro/model 16 pts/model bloodletters
    4.00 euro/model 15pts/model plaguebearers

Call me cheap but that’s a big difference there. Especially when fielding a full (20) squad.

I do have to say tough that feel no pain is very nice, as is T5. But if I take more then 1 power i would need to get a even split to be satified myself, just fluf wise, and that would cost a bit more considering.
    Ah, I should've mentioned that his Plaguebearers were proxied by what appeared to be Chaos Beastmen with some mutations from the Chaos Mutations sprue.

16. - Top - End - #286

Hey now, that’s not a bad idea. I only need some round bases, I’m savvy enough with greenstuffs and I like the beastmen plastics. I have some around, going to try that tomorrow. Tough they should get a single horn since that’s the pattern with nurgle. Green brown beastmen would also be a viable option for quickshading dip.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

15000point demon list would be a big ask, since the most you can possibly get in a single force organization chart is less than half that.

Spoiler
    Show

HQ
    Lord of Change, Full Upgrades, 365
    Lord of Change, Full Upgrades, 365

Elite
    12 Flamers+Bolt, 450
    12 Flamers+Bolt, 450
    12 Flamers+Bolt, 450

Troop
    20 Horrors+Bolt+Icon+Instrument+Changeling, 385
    20 Horrors+Bolt+Icon+Instrument, 380

Fast Attack
    20 Seekers+Gaze+Icon+Instrument, 375

Heavy Support
    Daemon Prince of Tzeentch+Full Upgrades, 335

6485 points in total.

I'm pretty sure a full Nurgle Daemon army would be incredibly pimp in apocalypse scale games.. Provided you can keep Epidemius safe somewhere.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2009-08-12 at 03:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Griffon

On a whim, I worked out the Eldar equivalent to such a list, and the result was surprisingly close (6800 and change, and a reasonably similar number of models).

Anyone else give it a try? It never occured to me that armies in 40k might be - in points costs - reasonably similar at maximum allocation. Maybe I'm just weird, but the concept intrigues me
    Last edited by Wraith; 2009-08-12 at 04:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    ...Like I said; Tau Codex is the only one I don't have. I thought Kroot were better than that because of Hounds and/or...Whatever the big ones are. Don't they also have double-weapons or something? My guardsmen get eaten (literally!) by Kroot squads...What're you doing wrong?
    Not using them since I'm currently doing a heavily mechanized force?

Also, guardsmen get eaten by ANYTHING.

So...The base Troop in the Tau army has weapons almost as good as Heavy Bolters. Quit whinging.
    1st, that wasn't suppose to sound like whining... sorry if it did. 2nd: They're not quite as good as bolters, that extra 6" range helps, as does AP4 But I'm not saying they're bad. I've killed all kinds of enemies (or, more precisely, Necrons, SoB, IG Grey Knights and other Tau, since that's what I've met) with massed pulse rifle fire. There is a reason the so called "fish of fury" was so godly in 4th Ed.

My problem is mostly that these "semi-heavy bolters" are on a platform that's almost as squishy as guardsmen (especially if said guardsmen are in cover, and why aren't they?), while nowhere as numerous (double the price in points, for a starter). But, ah, well, that's probably just me.
    GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

20. - Top - End - #290

Space Marines. (Without Special Characters)

HQ:
    Chapter Master, Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer, Thunder Hammer, Melta Bombs, Digital Weapons, Hellfire Rounds, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, ~ 240

Honor Guard Squad, +7 Honor Guard, Chapter Champion with: Digital Weapons Thunder Hammer, all models have Relic Blades and Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, Chapter Banner 710
    Dedicated Transport: Razorback, TL Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-killer Missile, Dozer Blade, Extra Armor, 115

Chapter Master, Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer, Thunder Hammer, Melta Bombs, Digital Weapons, Hellfire Rounds, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, ~ 240

Honor Guard Squad, +7 Honor Guard, Chapter Champion with: Digital Weapons Thunder Hammer, all models have Relic Blades and Auxiliary Grenade Launchers, Chapter Banner 710
    Dedicated Transport: Razorback, TL Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Hunter-killer Missile, Dozer Blade, Extra Armor, 115

Elites:
    Terminator Squad, 5 extra, 2x Cyclone Missile Launcher, 10 Chainfists, 510
    Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Crusader, Storm Bolter, HK Missile, MM, Extra Armor, 295

Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Crusader, Storm Bolter, HK Missile, MM, Extra Armor, 295

Troops:
    Tactical Marines, 5 extra, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, 2 Power Fists, Melta Bombs, Teleport Homer 260

Tactical Marines, 5 extra, Plasma Gun, Lascannon, 2 Power Fists, Melta Bombs, Teleport Homer 260

Fast Attack:
    Vanguard Veteran Squad, 5 extra, Thunder Hammer, 19 Thunder Hammers, 10 Melta Bombs 840

Vanguard Veteran Squad, 5 extra, Thunder Hammer, 19 Thunder Hammers, 10 Melta Bombs 840

Heavy Support:
    Devastator Squad: 5 extra, 4 Lascannons, 2 Power Fists, Melta Bombs, 365.

Total 11100.

Edit: Forgot transports for Honor Guard, of course.
    Last edited by Narazil; 2009-08-12 at 05:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291

Hey now, that’s not a bad idea. I only need some round bases, I’m savvy enough with greenstuffs and I like the beastmen plastics. I have some around, going to try that tomorrow. Tough they should get a single horn since that’s the pattern with nurgle. Green brown beastmen would also be a viable option for quickshading dip.
    It's what I plan on doing for my lesser summoned daemons for my Chaos army when I get the free spending. Why spend more on 10-12 (admittedly cool looking) models that won't even get to use their actual statline when I could get all 20 in one fell swoop?

22. - Top - End - #292

Ad in the lord macragge instead of a normal chapter master and you can ad another good 1500 to that as well.

EDIT @^ I lied, i already started on one and it seems to work out nicely right now. plasticard triangle blades work wonders here as well, they really point out what your going for. I might actually put up some pics tomorrow if it turn out ok.
    Last edited by YPU; 2009-08-12 at 05:19 PM.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

-C. S. Lewis

23. - Top - End - #293

Ad in the lord macragge instead of a normal chapter master and you can ad another good 1500 to that as well.
    Actually, he gives 700 extra. You may now take 3 Honor Guards, so another plus his 10 extra point cost, but only one Chapter Standard.
    You can also take Chronus for another 75 points.

Edit: Sorry, that's excluding dedicated transport. 815 extra.
    Last edited by Narazil; 2009-08-12 at 05:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, let's see... I'll do it for Chaos Space Marines:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    * Abaddon the Despoiler - 275 pts.
    * Ahriman - 250 pts.

Elites
    * 10 Chaos Terminator Champions, Mark of Nurgle, 10 chain-fists, 8 combi[something]-bolters, 2 reaper cannons - 680 pts.
    ---attached: Chaos Land Raider, dozer blade, daemonic possession, liturgy of Chaos, Havoc launcher - 265 pts.
    * 10 Chaos Terminator Champions, Mark of Nurgle, 10 chain-fists, 8 combi[something]-bolters, 2 reaper cannons - 680 pts.
    ---attached: Chaos Land Raider, dozer blade, daemonic possession, liturgy of Chaos, Havoc launcher - 265 pts.

Troops
    * 19 Noise Marines, 1 Noise Marine Champion, powerfist, doomsiren, meltabombs, personal icon, 19 sonic blasters, 1 blastmaster - 600 pts.
    ---attached: Chaos Rhino, dozer blade, daemonic possession, Havoc launcher - 75 pts.
    * 19 Noise Marines, 1 Noise Marine Champion, powerfist, doomsiren, meltabombs, personal icon, 19 sonic blasters, 1 blastmaster - 600 pts.
    ---attached: Chaos Rhino, dozer blade, daemonic possession, Havoc launcher - 75 pts.

Fast Attack
    * 19 Chaos Raptors, 1 Aspiring Champion, plasma pistol, lightning claw pair, meltabombs, Icon of Nurgle, 2 plasma guns - 540 pts.
    * 19 Chaos Raptors, 1 Aspiring Champion, plasma pistol, lightning claw pair, meltabombs, Icon of Nurgle, 2 plasma guns - 540 pts.

Heavy Support
    * 19 Chaos Space Marine Havocs, 1 Aspiring Champion, combi[something]-bolter, plasma pistol, meltabombs, powerfist, 4 lasercannons, Icon of Nurgle - 560 pts.
    * 19 Chaos Space Marine Havocs, 1 Aspiring Champion, combi[something]-bolter, plasma pistol, meltabombs, powerfist, 4 lasercannons, Icon of Nurgle - 560 pts.

TOTAL: 10935 pts.
    Technically, each of the Land Raiders and Rhinos could also have additional armour for 15 points, since it is not exclusive with daemonic possession, but since it would be perfectly pointless, I didn't count that. It's only 180 points, anyway.

So, it's quite a bit more for Chaos Space Marines than for Daemons or Eldar. Plus, they could take infinite amounts of further troops, since Lesser Summoned Daemons do not take up a slot in the AOP and have no 0-1 limitation, either.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-08-12 at 05:32 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll give this a shot. I'm pretty sure that the IG can get some really expensive choices.

Behold, here's what I've come up with:
    Spoiler
    Show

HQ:
    Company Command Squad: 70
    Power fist and Plasma Pistol: 25
    Melta Bombs for the commander: 5
    Medipack: 30
    3x Plasmagun: 45
    Krak Grenades: 5
    Carapace ARmor: 20
    Camo Cloaks: 20
    Astropath: 30
    Master of Ordnance: 30
    Officer of the Fleet: 30
    2x Bodyguard: 30
    Special Character: Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken: 95
    Total: 435

HQ:
    Company Command Squad: 70
    Power fist and Plasma Pistol: 25
    Melta Bombs for the commander: 5
    3x Plasmagun: 45
    Carapace ARmor: 20
    Camo Cloaks: 20
    Astropath: 30
    Master of Ordnance: 30
    Officer of the Fleet: 30
    Special Character: Nork Deddog: 110
    Total: 420

5x Ministorum Priest: 225
    5x Eviscerator: 75
    Total: 300

2x Tecpriest Engineseer: 90
    2x Melta Bombs: 10
    10x Servitor: 150
    4x Multimelta: 120
    Total: 370
    (The Priests and Techpriests don't use Force Org. Chart slots.)

Elites:
    3x Ogryn Squad: 390
    7 additional ogryns per squad: 21x40=840
    3x Chimera with Pintle mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, dozer blader, extra armor, camo netting: 360
    Total: 1590

Troops: (Each Platoon is one choice)
    Infantry Platoon 1:
    Platoon Command Squad: 30
    Melta bombs for the commander: 5
    Commissar: 35
    Power Fist and Plasma Pistol for commander and Commissar: 50
    Heavy Flamer: 20
    2x Plasma: 30
    Special Character: Commander Chenkov: 50
    Total: 255

Infantry Squad: 50
    Meltabombs for the sergeant: 5
    Commissar: 35
    Power weapon+Plasma Pistol for sergeant and commissar: 40
    1x Plasmagun: 15
    Voxcaster: 5
    Lascannon Team: 20
    Krak Grenades: 10
    Total: 180
    5 of these is: 900 points

Heavy Weapons Squad: 60
    3x Lascannon: 45
    Total: 110
    5 of these is: 550

Special Weapons Squad: 35
    3x Democharge: 60
    Total: 95
    2 of these is: 190 points

1x Conscript Squad: 80
    30 additional conscripts: 120 points
    Send in the Next Wave: 75
    total: 200

The Entirety of Platoon 1: 2170 or so unless I counted wrong. Since one is a troop choice. I can take 6, removing 125 points from the rest since the first has Commander Chenkov. I can however add 70 after that to one squad, since one can take Captain Al'Rahem. Total cost for all 6 platoons: some 12465 points. I think I might overshoot the target.

Fast Attack:
    Hellhound Squadron:
    Banewolf: 130
    Hull Multi-melta: 15
    Searchlight: 1
    Pintlemounted Storm Bolter: 10
    Hunterkiller Missile: 10
    Dozer blade: 10
    Extra Armor: 15
    Total: 191
    There are 3 of these in each Squadron, each taking one fast attack slot unless I'm mistaken. Total for 3 squadrons, containing 9 in all: 1719. I can also add Smoke-launchers and camonettings to each group for a total of 65 more points, bringing the total to 1784.

Heavy Support: 3x Leman Russ Squadron. Each containing 3 of the following:
    Leman Russ Executioner: 190
    Front-arc Lascannon: 15
    Plasma cannon sponsons: 40
    Pintlemounted Storm bolter: 10
    Hunter-killer missile: 10
    Dozer blade: 10
    Extra Armor: 15

Adding Camo Netting to each squadron, one squadron comes to 890 points. 3 of these comes to 2670 points.

The grand total of the entire army-list is 20034 points. I believe I overshot the goal by 5034 points.

BEWARE, Massive wall of text.

The army-list contains roughly 641 models. It'd be fun to try to fit that to just about any gaming table.
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2009-08-12 at 05:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

There's no limit on "May Take" items, either. So one Chapter Master with thousands of Aux. Grenade Launchers... >_>

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

On a whim, I worked out the Eldar equivalent to such a list, and the result was surprisingly close (6800 and change, and a reasonably similar number of models).

Anyone else give it a try? It never occured to me that armies in 40k might be - in points costs - reasonably similar at maximum allocation. Maybe I'm just weird, but the concept intrigues me
    I think Daemons and Eldar will be about average in the totals.

The two biggest outliers in my estimation are Necrons and Chaos. Necrons lack wargear, whereas Chaos have wargear in abundance, unusual maximum squad numbers and high average unit costs.
    Necrons-5145
    Chaos-10085
    I think the rest of the armies would fall in between those two. Chaos can technically have any number of points, since Lesser Daemons and Spawn both fall outside the force organization chart.

EDIT: Wow. Guard can take a load of stuff..
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2009-08-12 at 05:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Imperial Guard (no special characters)
    I suspect the Imperial Guard will beat 15000. Let's find out...

HQ - total: 1330
    Company Command Squad with power fist, power fist, meltabombs, medipack, heavy flamer, plasma gun, plasma gun, krak grenades, carapace armour, camo-cloaks: 210
    Chimera with pintle-mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, dozer blade, extra armour, camo netting: 120

Company Command Squad (as before) 210
    Chimera 120

5× Ministorum Priest with eviscerator: 5×60 = 300

2× Techpriest Enginseer with meltabombs, five servitors, two plasma cannons: 2×185 = 370

Elites - total: 1590
    Ogryn Squad with seven additional ogryns: 410
    Chimera as before: 120

Ogryns: 410
    Chimera: 120

Ogryns: 410
    Chimera: 120

Troops - total: 16140 (!!!)
    Infantry Platoon:
    Platoon Command Squad with Commissar, 4 power fists, medipack, heavy flamer, two plasma guns, krark grenades: 210
    5× Infantry Squad with meltabombs, Commissar, 4 power weapons, plasma gun, vox-caster, lascannon, krak grenades: 5×180 = 900
    5× Heavy Weapons Squad with three lascannons, krak grenades: 5×110=550
    2× Special Weapons Squad with three demolition charges: 2×55=110
    Conscripts Squad with 30 additional conscripts: 200
    (total for infantry platoon =1970)

5× Infantry Platoon as above: 5×1970 = 9850

Chimeras for all Command Squads and Infantry Platoons: 36×120 = 4320

Fast Attack - total: 1944
    Hellhound Squadron
    3× Hellhound with multi-melta, searchlight, pintle-mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, dozer blade, extra armour, smoke launchers, camo netting: 3×216 = 648

Hellhound Squadron: 648

Hellhound Squadron: 648

Heavy Support - total: 2790
    Leman Russ Squadron
    3× Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons, pintle-mounted storm bolter, hunter-killer missile, dozer blade, extra armour, cammo-netting: 3×310 = 930

Leman Russ Squadron: 930

Leman Russ Squadron: 930

IMPERIAL GUARD GRAND TOTAL: 23794

I think IG wins.

Edit: I seem to have been ninjaed. Well, this is useful for comparing how much difference special characters make...

Edit 2: We seem to have arrived at different totals. At least one of us is wrong...
    Last edited by Bryn; 2009-08-12 at 05:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

I noticed at least one mistake. Only Commissars, Sergeants, and the commanders can take Power weapons.

I also forgot a lot of Chimeras silly me. I'll recalculate the total cost and add 2 chimeras to the Command Squads, and 6 to each Infantry Platoon (1 for the Command Squad, and ones for the infantry squads).

This adds another 4560 points, bringing it to somewhere around 24594. I think there may be an error or few around in there, but I think I got everything by the rules.

30. - Top - End - #300

Griffon

That's not terribly surprising - Space Marines and Chaos Marines are relatively new Codices, so they're bound to have a lot more models available and accounted for in terms of equipment. I'd expect Imperial Guard to be the same, having had 2 new books in nearly 2 years.

[EDIT] Ninja'd! Imperial Guard are even more scary than I had first anticipated. Look at all those Heavy Weapons...

And here's the Eldar one, since I forgot last time (slightly altered to include transports, which I've only just noticed could be included:

Spoiler
    Show

• Farseer w/Singing Spear, Jetbike, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, SPiritstone, 'Doom', 'Fortune', 'Guide' and 'Mind War' - (228)
    • 10x Warlock Bodyguard w/ Jetbikes, Singing Spears, Spiritseer, 8x 'Destructor', 1x 'Conceal', 1x 'Enhance' - (590)
    • Farseer w/Singing Spear, Jetbike, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spiritstone, 'Doom', 'Fortune', 'Guide' and 'Mind War' - (228)
    • 10x Warlock Bodyguard w/ Jetbikes, Singing Spears, Spiritseer, 8x 'Destructor', 1x 'Conceal', 1x 'Enhance' - (590)

• 10x Wraithguard w/ Warlock, Spiritseer, Singing Spear & 'Conceal' - (399)

• 5x Shining Spears w/Exarch, Shuriken Cannon, Star Lance, Skilled Rider & Withdraw - (272)
    • 5x Shining Spears w/Exarch, Shuriken Cannon, Star Lance, Skilled Rider & Withdraw - (272)

• 5x Dark Reapers w/Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot & Fast Shot - (237)
    • Wave Serpent w/Twin-Linked Bright Lances, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Star Engines & Spirit Stones - (190)
    • Wave Serpent w/Twin-Linked Bright Lances, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Star Engines & Spirit Stones - (190)

Total: 7324 points

Technically the Eldar list could be a little bit more expensive (a mighty +40pts, no less!) if all of the Warlock took either the 'Enhance' or 'Conceal' powers instead of 'Destructor', but that wouldn't be particularly realistic because the effects they have don't stack. Either way,, I'm filled with an urge to build an army comprising entirely of Shining Spears and Dark Reapers - that looks like lots of Fun!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2009-08-12 at 06:01 PM.