Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: GWA mk III Fight XII

Quote Originally Posted by nefele View Post
    Rules, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

I've already made my case about that. :)

No idea, entirely up to DM ruling. The rules say that when flying creatures dive, this counts as a charge. They don't say if a flying creature can charge without diving. I'm pretty sure that there's somewhere a feat or ability that equates the two, which would imply that no, but bugger me if I remember what it was and where.

Lynd's ruling makes perfect sense.

Good question. For horizontal reach, DMG p.308 gives the relevant picture. And lost somewhere in the Jump rules, you can find the vertical reach, according to which Huge has 32 ft. Not a convenient number for battle grids, and completely irrelevant if your height is 50 ft. DM help needed.

Yeah, maybe we need an official ruling for this. Basically, I saw the same reasoning in a previous fight, where the opponent readied an action to foil my attack, while I was using Flyby Attack. With a similar wording, he made me lose my attack action, and all I had left was the remaining of the move action - but only because Flyby Attack specifically allows you to take a standard action at any point during the movement. If I had moved and attacked, I wouldn't have any movement left, and that was my reasoning for foiling Bounding Assault.

It made sense to me at the time, and it still does, actually, but a DM ruling would be helpful.

Umm... I don't think so. The wording "when the wielder is actually using a maneuver from the appropriate discipline", without any mention about "until end of turn" or something, indicates that it has to be simultaneously. A boost that lasts until the end of turn would work, a boost which is instantaneous wouldn't. And even if that's hazy, I can't possibly imagine how you can take bonus from a strike you are not using right now, but used earlier in the turn.

I don't see why not, it works for "effects or attacks that reduce you to 0 or fewer hit points". My question is this. If you have nothing better to do with your swift action, can you switch from Immortal Fortitude to Immortal Fortitude? For example, if you've used it once or twice already, and want to renew it. Can someone switch to the same stance???

...Another good question. I would have said "of course you lose HP", but the way you put it, I honestly have no idea.
    I think you might want to post your contribution in the Talkie-thread, 'cause that's probably where we'll get the DM rulings from (I already posted my entire questionnaire complete with Cloak of Major Displacement there).

For what it's worth, I mostly agree with you and do indeed have ideas for how I would rule all that stuff, but not being the DM, it isn't up to me.

Also, I'll have to check my saves - they're counted the "sane" way, that is, only adding the +2 once per save. Seems characters in this arena have added the +2 as many times as they've multiclassed. Fascinating; that would skyrocket my saves (at least Fort; it'd be like +8 to what it presently is, making Immortal Fortitude quite a bit more fearsome).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GWA mk III Fight XII

Match Finalized.

Eldariel/Alya Montane, Victor
    Wins 1/Losses 0

Nefele/Moira 2.0, Victim
    Wins 0/Losses 1

OOC:
    Your questions have been answered in the Talkie Thread (I hope).
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.