New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Don't worry Dessy, I'm not really going to be married. 'Tis just pretend, but I feel the same way when I hear my old schoolfriends are pregnant/fathers. Freaky stuff.
    I blame it on the time here. It's 10AM, and I haven't slept since... 2PM yesterday. Had me worried for a second there.

and oh man, pregnant... There was one girl I knew from high school. Spoke to her recently, she's a mother now. I'm certainly not ready to be a parent. Heck, I've only just become ready for an actual relationship. I kinda skipped dating all through high school.

Tower of London's pretty much a given, but I, or probably a lot of native Londoners, could give the same tour for free.
    I watched a special on the tower once. Lot of history there. Very interesting place. If that be an offer, I may have to take ye up on it someday.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

Ah, you collegiate universities and your strange customs...

Also, by what Curly says, it seems I have never had a proper pasty. I feel my food knowledge is lacking.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I blame it on the time here. It's 10AM, and I haven't slept since... 2PM yesterday. Had me worried for a second there.
    Eh, 'twas planned to be surprising, I'm working on giving the parental units a heart attack.

and oh man, pregnant... There was one girl I knew from high school. Spoke to her recently, she's a mother now. I'm certainly not ready to be a parent. Heck, I've only just become ready for an actual relationship. I kinda skipped dating all through high school.
    Ditto. Sadly, no less than six girls from my year in secondary now have at least one child. No way I'd be ready for it, never even dated. Never even been asked out for that matter.

I watched a special on the tower once. Lot of history there. Very interesting place. If that be an offer, I may have to take ye up on it someday.
    'Tis an offer indeed.
    One day I plan to go on a haunted tour of Britland just visiting haunted places and things. 'Twill be good fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Yep, I can relate to that. I know someone who got pregnant mid-high school...I, also, am quite far off such things as with most others here. No real relationships.

To be fair, we are frequenting a tabletop roleplaying forum, so perhaps it's to be expected.

5. - Top - End - #215

I know of one girl who was in my school year and one girl a year or two younger than me who now have baby daughters. It's a bit weird.
    I think there may well be more, but they're primarily drawn from the people who I wanted nothing to do with, so I remain unaware...

ION: My culinary adventures continue to work. I keep coming up with these weird ideas, I'm sure soon I'll make something that tastes terrible, but it hasn't happened yet.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, 'twas planned to be surprising, I'm working on giving the parental units a heart attack.
    If your parental units are anything like mine, this'll probably do the trick

Ditto. Sadly, no less than six girls from my year in secondary now have at least one child. No way I'd be ready for it, never even dated. Never even been asked out for that matter.
    Oh my. I only know the one that I can think of, though a number of others have been married. I've technically dated, but it was an online thing. Alas, distance, the bane of my existence. And while I've never been asked out, I think that might be because I'm a guy. Society puts it on me to ask first.

'Tis an offer indeed.
    One day I plan to go on a haunted tour of Britland just visiting haunted places and things. 'Twill be good fun.
    Most excellent. Should I ever be up around your neck of the woods, I'll call this one in. I love reading about and visiting haunted places. It fascinates me. Apparently we have a number here in Canada, though nowhere near the mass of them you've got over there.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #217

This thing I have created. It is delicious, but I cannot eat it quickly or in large amounts => it will last me quite a while, thus saving my precious limited student monies. I am clearly some sort of latent instinctive culinary genius.

And now I must go to a G&S rehearsal. We're doing A British Tar today! Squeeeeee...
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-11-05 at 05:32 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Mattel is releasing a Sugar Daddy Ken doll. Too random to post this anywhere else but here. Linky.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

____

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Mattel is releasing a Sugar Daddy Ken doll. Too random to post this anywhere else but here. Linky.
    Heh, I like how Palm Beach's biggest complaint is he's portrayed as too young to be a real sugar daddy.

I'm not a collector, but if I ran across one at a decent price (say, maybe $30 instead of $80), I'd pick one up for a conversation piece.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    That is... hillarious.

The dog's name is "sugar" and he's it's "daddy"
    trill in da playground

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Awww man, I signed up for an avatar the last airbender roleplaying sight and noones posted in over a year.
    ____

13. - Top - End - #223

Hmmm, only a few more minutes until I leave to go to a concert. I feel so...impatient. Why can't time pass more quickly?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quick topic change!

I'm engaged!
    ::Reactionimage.jpg:: You are? :O Congratulations! ^w^ ((Yes I know it's a page late, I felt like replying anyway.))

In other news, even though I'll be able to post more once I'm gone, I'm really, really sad to leave...;-; It'll be another 1-3 months at least before I can see the love of my life again.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-05 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Curly is wut now? OMGNOWAI!? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

In other news, even though I'll be able to post more once I'm gone, I'm really, really sad to leave...;-; It'll be another 1-3 months at least before I can see the love of my life again.
    ;____;
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-11-05 at 06:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Relationships blah. I have no need for human interaction beyond those of my supplicating minions.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    ;____;
    *hugs* It's alright, mison. I will be strong, for the both of us.

Also Curly, DO TELL MORE. :3 Was it a romaaaaantic proposal? Did he do something silly and zany and stuff? :O Or maybe he hid it in some kind of food! Like a Creme Brulee! Is that it, Curly? Did he hide the engagement ring inside of a perfectly-formed Creme Brulee? ::heart:: How romantic~!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #228

Ah. I was hoping for your sakes that you were joking, but no, clearly you just didn't read the follow up:
    Yep. College parenting system.
    Don't worry Dessy, I'm not really going to be married. 'Tis just pretend, but I feel the same way when I hear my old schoolfriends are pregnant/fathers. Freaky stuff.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Relationships blah. I have no need for human interaction beyond those of my supplicating minions.
    And Rutskarn.
    I only write Godzilla shipping by the way.
    *nurses his ship fics*
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    And Rutskarn.

*nurses his ship fics*
    Well obviously Rutskarn, what with my totally manly, Y-chromosome, heterosexual bro-crush on him.

Oh, and Godzilla too, he's a stud-muffin.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

When I ask my dad something like 'What is that?' or 'Who just called.', I don't wanna hear 'small' or 'someone'!!!
    ____

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    When I ask my dad something like 'What is that?' or 'Who just called.', I don't wanna hear 'small' or 'someone'!!!
    I feel for you.
    trill in da playground

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm reminded of asking my father what was for dinner as a child and getting "Poop on toast" as an answer. Yum yum, dad, my favorite.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

Had we served up a Halloween feast, I had every intention of cutting the tops off of okra and serving it up as Giant Green Spider Abdomen with Eggs (although every care has been taken to remove legs and heads, some may remain), along with a webbed topping of the scum left over from cooking cheap pasta and perhaps the joints of an edible vine or two. The short hairs on the casing would have given the perfect little chill as one wondered what sort of spider comes with a hairy exoskeleton.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Had we served up a Halloween feast, I had every intention of cutting the tops off of okra and serving it up as Giant Green Spider Abdomen with Eggs (although every care has been taken to remove legs and heads, some may remain), along with a webbed topping of the scum left over from cooking cheap pasta and perhaps the joints of an edible vine or two. The short hairs on the casing would have given the perfect little chill as one wondered what sort of spider comes with a hairy exoskeleton.
    ...Quin is the best hallowe'en cook ever. I commend you
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    I bow to you, madame.

I'm left wondering why must I chase the cat....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yesterday, I got my swine flu vaccine, and ironically, I've been sick ever since. I was in bed at 8:00 last night, and I didn't get out until 5:00 today. It's looking like tomorrow will probably be the same. Also, I have this weird thing where I am coughing whenever I stand up, but not when I sit down.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's not too surprising, it may be a direct result of the vaccine. We talked about this a little while ago, didn't we? I'll try to find that.

Here it is! We were talking about vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    I don't believe that's quite it. It's not a weaker version of the disease, but a dead version. Your body recognizes the dead bacteria or viruses, so that when you're exposed again it'll be immediately prepared to fight off the infection. However, many symptoms of sickness are actually induced by your body to help fight off infection, or byproducts of that fight. The body may have a similar immune reaction to the vaccine, although if it does occur it shouldn't be as bad as it would be for a real infection. For some diseases, that would defeat the purpose of the vaccine.
    Alteran is also not a medical doctor, and did not find references for this. It would be nice if somebody who is actually qualified can tell us what's exactly right, but I'm not sure if we have any people like that in RB. I seem to remember that somebody here has an advanced education in Biology? Is it Thes Hunter?
    I find it surprising that your reaction to the vaccine would be so severe, but it's certainly possible. It could also be a coincidence, of course.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, vaccines. Gorramn Plasmodium doesn't have the decency to stop reproducing long enough for vaccines to be effective, the stupid worm.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Ish about to head off to an epic 7 hour marathon laser tag session with 30~ friends. I would like to exclaim holy freaking awesome! On the flip side, not being able to literally feel my legs may be a downer...oh well, you gotta take the good with the bad. Holy freaking 7 hour laser tag!
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence