New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As was the Beast until we see him as a human. They could have made him slightly better looking as a human.
    I'm in complete agreement here.
    Somewhere I have a (very board inappropriate) image of the Beast pulling petals off the magic rose, declaring "she loves me the way I am..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    And he asked me to go to a movie with him.
    Poor DeeRee, ever fending off the stream of hopefuls.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Poor DeeRee, ever fending off the stream of hopefuls.
    he is the only guy who has ever, ever asked me out "IRL". Which is sort of discouraging, really.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, is this the same guy you were talking about a while back? I'm sorry.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, is this the same guy you were talking about a while back? I'm sorry.
    Sorry?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. That lad.

I haven't seen my stalker around much, thankfully. Especially since I transferred dorms...

EDIT: Bleh. Computer death.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-29 at 09:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to throw my two cents in about the linguistics department since I'm on vacaaaaation and not at the computer my usual 16+ hours a day:

Why can't the linguistics department opperate under the umbrella of the cultural anthropology department?

DeeRee, at least you haven't gotten asked out by a drunk guy in a subway station. Proposed too, actually.

At least I've also been asked out by someone who's not a creepy idiot. Still turned him down though...
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

7. - Top - End - #1357

Hm. This is mildly irritating.

I bought the first book of the Dresden Files today, and I was just about to pick it up and read it. But before that, I watched a few episodes of South Park on TV. Now when I read the words, I can only envision everything in the South Park animation style.

I do normally envision everything as being animated when I read a book, usually in the style of an anime (but not in a particular style, really. If I were to compare what I see to any anime series, I would say that Cowboy Bebop is the most accurate. Maybe.). But I feel like I wouldn't be able to take the book seriously if I could only see the characters as simple paper cut-outs that don't move their legs when they walk.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

8. - Top - End - #1358

Most unfortunate, the weave of chance, prehaps it would best serve, if you were to advance, another animated play to distract your mind from the simply drawn to the specatular landscapes of the imagination, in fantasy and glory. To put it simply, there is imagination at work, and either it can be harnessed itself, to create as a muse, or prehaps it should be replaced by a more well animated cartoon.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Eh, I think I'll sleep on it instead. I'm getting a little tired. It should help clear my mind, and I can start reading tomorrow and establish my own visual interpretation of the book.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Why does it have to be so frickin' COLD here?

Also I'm craving chocolate but it's 9:05 at night and I need to wait till tomorrow morning to make something. Raw chocolate chips just won't do. Fudge or brownies or toffee or something . . . .

Also: my mum and dad and grandfather are watching the new Star Trek. You know what I like? Kirk loses every single fistfight he ever gets in. It's a nice change of pace.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

I just realized I want a Fallout Musical.

Featuring such musical numbers as:
    • Leaving the Vault
    • Such a Desecated Little Town
    • You Gotta Shoot 'Em (In the Head)
    • Super Mutant Blues
    • Leaving the Vault (Reprise)
    • Bloody Bomb

And much, much more!
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-12-30 at 12:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post

• Leaving the Vault
    • Super Mutant Blues
    • Bloody Bomb

And much, much more!
    ...Phase, if I get a sex-change, will you marry me? ._.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Firbolg in the Playground

My G&S Society has a termly Disney night. It's also a cosplay night. The guys love it.
    Well, guys who are in G&S societies are generally different to other guys.
    I think the general male aversion to Disney just stems from wanting to seem mature and manly. Fools.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there's that, but some of the mush that is shoe-horned in can be both ghastly and sickly at the same time. Pah! Romance! I want more psuedo-nazi lions signing.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-12-30 at 04:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Well, there's that, but some of the mush that is shoe-horned in can be both ghastly and sickly at the same time. Pah! Romance! I want more psuedo-nazi lions signing.
    Some day you may not mind so much.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Banned

Somewhere I have a (very board inappropriate) image of the Beast pulling petals off the magic rose, declaring "she loves me the way I am..."
    . . .Well. What do you know. Hentai can give you flashbacks. Or flashforwards. Or just raw material for horrible, evil, delightful leaps of visual logic. My brain. . .

17. - Top - End - #1367

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    Just to throw my two cents in about the linguistics department since I'm on vacaaaaation and not at the computer my usual 16+ hours a day:

Why can't the linguistics department opperate under the umbrella of the cultural anthropology department?
    Because I'm a despicable, seim-evil tyrant who secretly wants nothing more than to take over everything vaguely related to English, History or indeed, most humanities?

Also I'm craving chocolate but it's 9:05 at night and I need to wait till tomorrow morning to make something. Raw chocolate chips just won't do. Fudge or brownies or toffee or something . . . .
    Don't you get the traditional one million boxes of biscuit selections, QUality Streets, Roses, Cadbury Heroes and so on? Because it;s all ready made chocolate-y goodness. And they have coconut.

Also: my mum and dad and grandfather are watching the new Star Trek. You know what I like? Kirk loses every single fistfight he ever gets in. It's a nice change of pace.
    That bit was particularly amusing. And McCoy.
    I always liked McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Well, guys who are in G&S societies are generally different to other guys.
    I think the general male aversion to Disney just stems from wanting to seem mature and manly. Fools.
    Well it takes a certain kind of man to sing comic operettas from the nineteenth century, certainly; but who cares about seeming 'mature and manly'?
    Surely admitting to a few so-called 'childish' or 'girly' things only shows how mature and manly you are?

That's what snarking is for. I, for instance, find it amusing that so many Disney heroines fall in True Love after a mere twenty-four hours.
    And I didn't know you could understand sign language! What do they say?
    I mean, there's a reason The Lion King is so popular: Scar.

I've been in a mood for film marathons this holiday.
    Previously the LoTR trilogy. Yesterday: Die Hard 1 - 3, right now I'm about half way through Die Hard 4.
    The hacking stuff I understand is all Magical. Tuvok is distracting, but this film is very enjoyable.
    Plus McClaine destroyed a helicopter with a car. Sweet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #1368

• Leaving the Vault
    • Super Mutant Blues
    • Bloody Bomb

And much, much more!
    Well now I have a project for the long weekend...

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Some day you may not mind so much.
    Aw, is age making you more romantic Zero? Or is it just eroding your love for Nazi lions?

ION: I have a shiny new Nintendo DS! It's ever so shiny. Now to search Amazon for games...

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: Nazi... Lions? But the Nazis were Eagle Furries!

Or german shepherds.

Or cats.

Or those one kind of dogs with the docked tails.

...nazi furries are disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Well now I have a project for the long weekend...
    Composing or just working on the lyrics? ...12 gods do we wish that we had that knack...

In other news: Grandmas! Yay for good food.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    . . .Well. What do you know. Hentai can give you flashbacks. Or flashforwards. Or just raw material for horrible, evil, delightful leaps of visual logic. My brain. . .
    ... Y'know, our ex girlfriend had that happen once. We believe it was a bit of a sign of how things were going to go with her.

Long story short: office building on fire, surrounded by demon-warped terrorists.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-30 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Aw, is age making you more romantic Zero? Or is it just eroding your love for Nazi lions?

ION: I have a shiny new Nintendo DS! It's ever so shiny. Now to search Amazon for games...
    Nowhere near, I'm quoting Princess Bride. You may think it's a hint, a fiendish deception if you will, at my true nature if it pleases you.

New as in you had one before or new as in you just got it and haven't played any DS games yet?

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't you get the traditional one million boxes of biscuit selections, QUality Streets, Roses, Cadbury Heroes and so on? Because it;s all ready made chocolate-y goodness. And they have coconut.
    We have two kinds of chocolate in our house: dark, high-quality chocolate chips . . . and homemade desserts. We never ever buy anything, partly out of commitment to things made from scratch (hah) and partly as habit from a time when we had no money to speak of.

That bit was particularly amusing. And McCoy.
    I always liked McCoy.
    Yeah. Kirk has always been my least favorite. That's why I like seeing him get beat up

I've been in a mood for film marathons this holiday.
    Previously the LoTR trilogy. Yesterday: Die Hard 1 - 3, right now I'm about half way through Die Hard 4.
    The hacking stuff I understand is all Magical. Tuvok is distracting, but this film is very enjoyable.
    Plus McClaine destroyed a helicopter with a car. Sweet.
    LotR? You watched LotR?

I know there are a lot of people who dislike the movies, but I think they're really, really, good. The extended editions especially. That way you get the amazingness that is Faramir+Eowyn<3 (Eowyn's my favorite character anyway, and I've always liked that she gets Faramir, who's awesome) and countless other bits that they left out for the sake of theatre audiences who are easily bored. And admittedly the extended editions make each movie over 4 hours long, but who cares?

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

I much prefer the movies to the books. Mostly because the movies generally travel faster than the speed of sloth.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

I much prefer the movies to the books. Mostly because the movies generally travel faster than the speed of sloth.
    I used to be a fanatical Movies Of Books Must Adhere Strictly To Books sort of person, but then I realised that most movies that did that were horrible. Scenes that work in print don't always work in film. And I think the LotR movies did a terrific job of capturing the spirit of the book and adhering to an extraordinary amount of the plot while recognising the need to exise Tom Bombadil.

ALSO!:

I just realised that TODAY I have been in the Playground EXACTLY THREE YEARS.

Happy playbirthday to me?

<3 y'all.

Weirdly, I joined on this bizarre whim after watching my little brother post (he's been a member since '05, doesn't really frequent the forums much anymore though). I was like "I want to do that" and he thought it was hilarious and my interest would completely die within the week.

Heh.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-12-30 at 11:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1375

We have two kinds of chocolate in our house: dark, high-quality chocolate chips . . . and homemade desserts. We never ever buy anything, partly out of commitment to things made from scratch (hah) and partly as habit from a time when we had no money to speak of.
    Almost all of them were presents.

LotR? You watched LotR?

I know there are a lot of people who dislike the movies, but I think they're really, really, good. The extended editions especially. That way you get the amazingness that is Faramir+Eowyn<3 (Eowyn's my favorite character anyway, and I've always liked that she gets Faramir, who's awesome) and countless other bits that they left out for the sake of theatre audiences who are easily bored. And admittedly the extended editions make each movie over 4 hours long, but who cares?
    Yes . . . on the eighteenth.
    I then read the whole omnibus version from cover to cover in less than twenty-four hours.

ION: Remeber how dolls petrify me? Especially the freaky porcelain ones, or the ones with the eyes that stare at you and never ever leave you.
    These adverts upset me with their laughing, and the eyes, and the -
    MUMMY!
    *hides in a corner whimpering*
    I hate pediophobia. Oddly, it also means fear of children.
    Freakin' dolls.

Happy PlayBirthday DeeRee.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Grats, DeeRee.

My best friend wants me to write a novel, which I've told her bits about.
    She wants me to write it down.
    Hmm, aside from that it'd obviously be insane and high fantasy...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes . . . on the eighteenth.
    I then read the whole omnibus version from cover to cover in less than twenty-four hours.
    Ah. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As soon as I finished watching it with my mum, I found the soundtrack CDs in my room and loaded them onto my computer (I forgot to when I had to wipe this hard drive last spring). Oh man. There were like two years when LotR soundtracks were all I ever listened to - and you can start any given track on any given CD and after about twenty seconds I can tell you which movie it's from, the name of the track, and what's happening RIGHT THEN.

My favorites are when Frodo and Sam are crawling up Mt Doom (track 15 of RotK - the Black Gate Opens), the whole Moria sequence from FotR, and, of course, Into the West, the credits song from RotK....

One last thing: I submit that Frodo's effeminateness is in part due to that Ring. It's freakin' evil and it's killing him. But, yes, Sam is the true hero...I love him, he's great.

As for the ending . . . well, it's bittersweet. And Sam gets to go, of course, after Rosie dies . . . but when my mum and I saw RotK in the theatre when I was twelve we cried pretty much from the time Theoden died (did I mention that EOWYN ROCKS?) on.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Hmm, aside from that it'd obviously be insane and high fantasy...
    Then what are you waiting for? Insane High Fantasy is scientifically the best type of High Fantasy.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Nowhere near, I'm quoting Princess Bride. You may think it's a hint, a fiendish deception if you will, at my true nature if it pleases you.

New as in you had one before or new as in you just got it and haven't played any DS games yet?
    Ah, it's been ages since I've seen that movie. And I try not to consider your true nature, who knows what I might find.

New as in I never had one before. I'm behind the times, ok? You have any recommendations?

30. - Top - End - #1380

Ah. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As soon as I finished watching it with my mum, I found the soundtrack CDs in my room and loaded them onto my computer (I forgot to when I had to wipe this hard drive last spring). Oh man. There were like two years when LotR soundtracks were all I ever listened to - and you can start any given track on any given CD and after about twenty seconds I can tell you which movie it's from, the name of the track, and what's happening RIGHT THEN.

My favorites are when Frodo and Sam are crawling up Mt Doom (track 15 of RotK - the Black Gate Opens), the whole Moria sequence from FotR, and, of course, Into the West, the credits song from RotK....
    It was enjoyable, plus I got the added shock factor when I told Best Friend, "I saw the LoTR trilogy the other day for the first time. They're quite good, and the music and battle scenes are great."
    Cue Best Friend: " . . . They came out nearly nine years ago! And you've only just watched them?!"
    Me: "Yep!"
    It is a truly amazing soundtrack. And I'm like that, but with Queen songs.

One last thing: I submit that Frodo's effeminateness is in part due to that Ring. It's freakin' evil and it's killing him. But, yes, Sam is the true hero...I love him, he's great.
    I refuse to accept that! Frodo is, and has always been, a total girl. He was less effeminate in the books though. There has seldom been a character in a book that I've felt was such a girl.

As for the ending . . . well, it's bittersweet. And Sam gets to go, of course, after Rosie dies . . . but when my mum and I saw RotK in the theatre when I was twelve we cried pretty much from the time Theoden died (did I mention that EOWYN ROCKS?) on.
    The subtext between Sam and Frodo was so strong in the books. And the end . . . ah, well. Sam followed his love didn't he?
    Merry and Pippin were pretty awesome too.

And while Eowyn rocks, I think she's even better in the book. Until she's all death angsty driven to suicide because Aragorn doesn't love her, then she falls in love with Faramir.
    But then again book!Eowyn killing the frellin' Witch-King of Angmar (who is basically the New Death from Reaper Man- mmm, backwards shout outs/references/homages are weird.) because of men (suicidal "Awagorn doethn't wuv me any more" + Uncle/Daddy/King defence). Doesn't detract from her badass reveal and boast though.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!